Skip to content

Match day thread: Villa

Comments

• Surely 20k would be the stuff of boycotts for Villa.

Am hopeful of 32k, £25 ticket average, and thus 360k payday to us!

• Don't forget to take VAT off that windfall.

• The villa fans are far from happy (warning explicit language)
    https://www.facebook.com/robcully/videos/10156499565565604/

• Joe Jacobson's comment in the Vere Suite after the game was quite pertinent. He felt that the Wycombe crowd had boosted their team's chances whereas those of the Villa crowd (which he could be hear on the pitch) were to their team's detriment. In particular the chants of 'you don't know what you're doing' when Sinclair was replaced by Ayew cannot have helped their chances. Most of the Villa fans I met before the game were friendly but despondent and really didn't expect more than a draw.

I think Richards was being booed because it was felt he had bought Holloway's booking by keeping his head low. Holloway's boot was not unduly high but he got a booking nonetheless.

• Discusting behaviour thugs.

• @BSE; absolutely disgusting. Do Villa fans know that will be on Internet and any player thinking of joining them, would have second thoughts, listening to that barge of verbal and threatening abuse.

They had a total disregard for the young families and children hearing their foul mouth language.

I'm shocked and very disappointed. Those Villa where simply vile.

• Unlike the nice family friendly Wycombe fans chanting "you're fcking sht"

• @wingnut - because he went down for nothing and got Holloway booked.

• BSEBSE
    edited January 2016

@Ciderk1d I didn't record the video myself it was on one of the Facebook football group pages, I think it was a villa fan that uploaded it!

• @BSE; No worries, just glad we are a family orientated club and fan owned. Who could ever endorse that behaviour and want them louts as so called fans.

• A great effort from all involved, including the supporters.

BTW, Wwfc2015 you ARE entitled to your opinion and if people disagree. then fine but they should not be abusive. We certainly don't want this forum full of dull clones who are afraid to have a different opinion.

• It seems compulsory for a player who goes down to be booed. Richards was obviously hurt and it lacks understanding not to have realised that.

• At least Richards was prepared to stand and debate with their fans - I guess the Manager didn't? youtu.be/g0XVWtq2xq4

Brilliant battling display from all in Blue!

• The odd thing with that clip, is you've got these obnoxious, threatening, foul mouthed abusive fans, with police about 5yards away, and they don't even dream of moving them on. Just (presume it was the female copper, hear the voice, but don't see her) telling them there are kids there.

Why not just move them as a starter, and if that doesn't work, haul them out?

• The Villa fans I walked to the game with weren't hopeful of getting much from the game and were here from loyalty as they'd actually been to every game home and away this season for which alone they deserve a tip of the cap and a large sherry, though thought they should still win and reckoned if we got the replay they would only get 10,000+ Villans going. As for me I'm pleased with the result as didn't think they deserved the goal though our soft penalty made up for it and we played well but that's not the best we've played this season and they were by no stretch the best visitors we'd had and if only Woody has his other boots on. At this point I'm not even sure they'd get a cheer from their fans if they won replay

• Richards was boo'd right from kick off by Wycombe fans before a tackle was made. Has there been some problem with him in the past. I have a vague recollection but not sure. Weird one.

• edited January 2016

A really good performance on and off the pitch. Weren't the MK Dons stewards friendly? They must have enjoyed a break from their plastic fans.

Did anyone else get a headache from the electronic advertising?

I really thought we should have won it today and worry we might regret it when the 4th round draw is made. Why not have our cake and eat it though? No reason at all why we can't win at Villa Park.

• The advertising was plain awful, especially the one with those dogs moving along, very distracting.

Didn't think we had a win in us today, we didn't offer a great deal of threat. Would have been from a corner if anything I think.
    Contained their guys fairly well bar the build up before and during their goal. They were fairly limited to a couple of shots and corners themselves.

I note the replay falls in between them playing two derbies, Leicester and WBA, that has got to help us!

• Who was man of the match by the way ?

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:
    Who was man of the match by the way ?

BBC sport says Pierre, which I fully agree with. He was awesome today.

• edited January 2016

Richards was barracked for, effectively, getting AAH booked - disappointing that a so-called "premier league ref" Oliver fell for that one.

• Richards did his best to talk Wood into trouble for the little clip early in the first half too, 6mins in maybe?

• Having watched it on bt I do think we could have won this one if maybe we had Hayes and Ingram in the side. We didn't play that well first half but much approved second half however we do have a chance at the replay and knowing Wycombe we will be better !

• Hopefully Hayes and Bean can get a run out on Saturday, and be properly available for selection in the return.

Need to concentrate on Hartlepool first though.

• Ox66 what difference would Ingram have made today? I don't think he would have saved the goal as it was out right in the corner. Other than that Lynch did nothing wrong. He didn't have to do to much tbf.

Hayes on the other hand I think could have made a real difference, linking clever play. Hopefully he will be back for the replay.

I am a Marcus bean fan but I think he will struggle to get I. Ahead of blooms on today's performance.

• Hayes is a huge player for us, not just in terms of his own contribution, but he brings out the best in the rest of the team. We tend to be very 1 dimensional when he's not playing, but when he's on the pitch we often play better football and have a bit more craft and guile about us. If he is back for the replay, we still have a geniune chance, especially with our away form.

• Personally I thought our forwards were lacking any service which didn't help even after Ugwu came on it made no difference tbh . Wish we could get the ball to there feet a bit more. I understand the players had to work hard in midfield and defend but also we need o create better chances for our forwards.

• edited January 2016

@AlgernonFudgebucket said:
    Richards was barracked for, effectively, getting AAH booked - disappointing that a so-called "premier league ref" Oliver fell for that one.

AAH was too Strong. Mica Richards was done like a kipper, lost, dazed and in fact, AAH dinked the ball and had full control, whatever Mica was trying to do, god knows but looked the fool and fooled the referee and linesman. Mica head butted part of AAH body, c'mon look where the ball ended up, unless it was high foot but again Mica made contact, not the other way round.

• Is there a date for the replay?

• That's right Cider. It was head to boot - not the other way round. I thought the way Oliver refereed the second half was like a Premier League gentlemens' club reunion. Apart from the pen, of course, which was nailed on...