Skip to content

Match day thread: Cheltenham

Comments

• edited August 2021

Having said that, the most common outcome in games between these two sides has been a score draw... Pretty sure we had back-to-back 3-3s the other year.

• It was indeed @Glenactico. Dreadful reception but couldn’t find it on internet so ‘made do’.

• Is it audio only on iFollow?

• Is it ever on 't internet @micra? I didn't think it was, I always have to go sit in my car to get FM radiio

• I believe that if you’re in the UK iFollow has audio if you subscribe, outside the UK you can pay and watch.

• Looks like Kaikai RWB, then - but this is much better than it was looking like it could have been!

• Decent team that

• Not sure I can quite work that one out. Kaikai RWB?

• edited August 2021

Teams in number order rather than position order are the worst, but it looks like it's the same shape. Can't exactly not be three at the back with those players.

• @micra said:
    It was indeed @Glenactico. Dreadful reception but couldn’t find it on internet so ‘made do’.

I can just about get 98FM out in deepest darkest Berkshire with some Rod Hull-esque antics getting the aerial in just the right spot.

• That looks like a team that wants to score some. Hopefully it will.

• Lightweight midfield but that's a very attacking team. Fair play to Pendlebury but yet to see how he is better than Thompson.

Unless Kashket is injured, looks like his days are numbered?

COYB

• I have an all singing all dancing Ruark Music Centre (best grand I’ve spent in my life) which incorporates Blue Tooth, DAB, FM, Spotify, CD, Internet Radio, Phono, Optical (don’t ask!), Line in (ditto), Tidal (?), Deezer (?) etc. All with excellent sound quality. I tuned in to Three Counties on Tuesday but the station was off air. I’m on it now and hearing news about all the matches 3CCR . Vokes, Scowen, McCleary, Pendlebury & one other Ive forgotten all return but it’s back to a back four. Not sure how I can get to the Cheltenham game unless it’ll magically automatically go to it.

• Anthony Stewart (but you’ll have heard or seen it all by now.

• @thecatwwfc said:
    Lightweight midfield but that's a very attacking team. Fair play to Pendlebury but yet to see how he is better than Thompson.

Unless Kashket is injured, looks like his days are numbered?

COYB

I assume we're easing Thompson back in - only played 45 in the week.

• how Samuel's get ahead of scotty in the squad is beyond me

• @micra The Three Counties coverage is split across the different FM frequencies and DAB. No football coverage is available through online radio for rights reasons. I don't think you'll be able to listen using that system unless it can pick up FM radio?

• I think Pendlebury complements Scowen.

• Here's a laugh for anyone who is bored at the ground or stuck on a train. I just looked up the Peterborough v Derby score, both teams for which I have special regard. Maybe I all this practice with predicting is really producing an ability for seeing the future - I couldn't work out why I couldn't find the score until I realised I was looking in League One.

It is 0 - 1 to Derby at 90 mins - match not yet finished.

• @railwaysteve said:
    Here's a laugh for anyone who is bored at the ground or stuck on a train. I just looked up the Peterborough v Derby score, both teams for which I have special regard. Maybe I all this practice with predicting is really producing an ability for seeing the future - I couldn't work out why I couldn't find the score until I realised I was looking in League One.

It is 0 - 1 to Derby at 90 mins - match not yet finished.

1-1 now

• It’s not back to a back four. Bloody 3CR!

• Posh now 2-1 up.

• I’m really worried about Kashket. I know his condition has to be managed, but surely he can manage more than a pre season run out without needing a two week lay off.

• @Chris said:
    @micra The Three Counties coverage is split across the different FM frequencies and DAB. No football coverage is available through online radio for rights reasons. I don't think you'll be able to listen using that system unless it can pick up FM radio?

It’s all chasing around from ground to ground at present. Maybe that’s how it’ll stay. Must try FM.

• It could be I suppose, something like

Stockdale
    Grimmer, Stewart, Jacobson, Obita
    Pendlebury, Scowen
    Mehmeti
    McCleary, Kaikai
    Vokes

but I don't think that's likely.

• @railwaysteve said:
    I couldn't work out why I couldn't find the score until I realised I was looking in League One.

I had a problem finding information about WWFC at the start of last season as I was looking in L1 rather than Championship. Took me a few days to figure it out ...

• edited August 2021

@micra said:

@Chris said:
    @micra The Three Counties coverage is split across the different FM frequencies and DAB. No football coverage is available through online radio for rights reasons. I don't think you'll be able to listen using that system unless it can pick up FM radio?

It’s all chasing around from ground to ground at present. Maybe that’s how it’ll stay. Must try FM.

That's what happens on all frequencies until about 2 minutes before the start of the game. I think you need 98fm for the Wycombe commentary once the game begins.

• Jacobson can't play in a 4 - and I think Kaikai deputised at RB after McCarthy coming off forced us down to 10 the other night?