Skip to content

Attendance Prediction Game Two - Cheltenham Town (A) Sat 14th Aug

Comments

• The rule I had the season before last was that you can always change oppositions supporters into True Blues if salient information becomes public.
    Revisions are acceptable in light of the club saying that they have sold out the initial allocation of 716, however only if they keep the same total number as their original forecast.

Cheltenham away on Sat 17th Feb 2018 in League Two - the attendance was 3513 with 857 wonderful Chairboys and Chairgirls.

@bigred87 - I will record you a revised prediction of 3360 with 912 blues
    @mooneyman - I will record you with 3666 with 888

@perfidious_albion - Do you want to revise?

i guess we were all put out a bit by the surprisingly low home attendance last Saturday, especially as crowds seemed to be quite high at other grounds.

• I've always thought that you shouldn't be able to change your prediction once you've made it, after all no-one forces you to make one so early

It's your competition though

• @railwaysteve thanks I’ll stick, going with our attendance figure being restricted on covid related police advice from the hot fuzz Gloucestershire Constabulary!

847 Wycombe

• @NewburyWanderer said:
    4386 with 768 Chairpeople.

Hope everyone who's thinking of going has got their ticket. The advance allocation has sold out, and despite the club saying that around 300 will be available on the day, Cheltenham told me when I phoned them earlier that that figure was not correct, the actual number available would be 'very few' due to police restrictions. Having been caught out and not buying mine quickly enough, I decided to make a quick trip to Cheltenham this afternoon and bought two tickets. If anyone hasn't got their ticket, I suggest they get there very early on Saturday, or make a trip tomorrow if they have the opportunity (but phone them first).

So then, what happens if 300 Chairboys and Girls turn up on Saturday on the basis of the information given by WWFC and are told there are no tickets?

• Mayhem I imagine.

• @railwaysteve
    What is the latest time we can predict?

• Revised prediction then... Keeping the main figure the same as stated I have to ... Change away attendance to 864 please

• Stick to 3,397 but 816 away

• 4467 with 859 chairpersons

• @wwfcblue - latest time for predictions is an hour before KO.
    @eric_plant - I spent a little time thinking about a bonus for predicting early, but I couldn't come up with a rule which seemed fair and didn't approach the complexity of the taxation system or involve the need for VAR!

Looks like it won't just be the first game for which predicting the attendance will be difficult or changed. I can see that "Don't go if you don't have a ticket" could become quite a mantra for advice to away fans.

Just updating the spreadsheet now and should have an update shortly. Good luck to all who are going and good luck to all those who are planning to go.

• 25 predictions in
    Average for Total Crowd: 3656
    Average for Away Crowd 684

It's a finger in the air job this week again.

• 4235 with 827 away please

• edited August 2021

Would be an interesting task for someone with a love of statistics and a lot of time on their hands. We may not have a very big home supporter base but I wonder how we would rank on a avg away following as percentage of average home following ranking. I suspect may be pretty close to the top.

Up to much today @ReturnToSenda ?

• OK so a revised figure: 3685 including 780 Chairfolk. Thank you @railwaysteve.

• @railwaysteve to make it truely a stab in the dark and a real forecast you could always lock the predictions with X many days to go (maybe 5)!

Before ticket sales are announced by either club...

• @DevC said:
    Would be an interesting task for someone with a love of statistics and a lot of time on their hands. We may not have a very big home supporter base but I wonder how we would rank on a avg away following as percentage of average home following ranking. I suspect may be pretty close to the top.

I think we must be near, if not at, the top.
    One reason may be that, for many of our fans, the journeys and parking opportunities are proportionately as good, if not better, than for home games. The camaraderie amongst away fans is much greater as well, for obvious reasons.

• @Brownie said:

@NewburyWanderer said:
    4386 with 768 Chairpeople.

Hope everyone who's thinking of going has got their ticket. The advance allocation has sold out, and despite the club saying that around 300 will be available on the day, Cheltenham told me when I phoned them earlier that that figure was not correct, the actual number available would be '

@DevC said:

If I were to guess, I'd probably put Plymouth at the top and MK Dons at the bottom.
    If Bury were still going, and they, Rochdale, and Oldham were all in the same division, I think that they'd all be pretty high.

• revision 3203 (same as before) with an incredible 800 Chairboys

• 4444 with 888 Chairboys

• Latest revision: 4,113 with 666 Chairfolk - it being devilishly difficult to get a ticket for the away end.

• @perfidious_albion said:
    Latest revision: 4,113 with 666 Chairfolk - it being devilishly difficult to get a ticket for the away end.

We've already sold 716 allocated tickets according to the club yesterday.

• 3790, with 750 most welcome visitors from Buckinghamshire.

• No revision for me. As a proud English man I reserve the right to jump straight in with my prediction early with no real information and then stick to my guns whatever facts may come to light to reveal how stupid I may be.

• 4567 with 874 Chairboys

• 3688 with 720 of the right kind of chap.

• 4,103 including 854 Wycombe

• 3459 with 589 Chairpeople

• 3950 with 750 blues