Skip to content

Big screen, half time entertainment.

I am able to update posters on a couple of issues that have been raised since the Leicester and Accrington games.
Re the big screen: the reason we haven't shown goal replays is because of a connectivity issue between the main match camera and the console that operates the screen. Goal replays will return once this is resolved.
HT entertainment: The club is looking to revamp this and many of the ideas put forward by username123 are under consideration. However, the pitch remains a 'red zone' under Covid regulations so mascot packages, guards of honour, penalty competitions (not including Stocko, of course!) are still banned.
The big screen will be the focal point of entertainment whilst the red zone remains in place and any ideas for things to show on the screen are welcome. Also, the club encourages ideas for on-pitch HT entertainment once Covid restrictions are lifted, bearing in mind the EFL has regulations governing the use of goalmouths and the ability for substitutes to warm up.
Hope this helps.

Comments

• Thanks Alan, nice to get some feedback on here. Appreciate that.

• Certainly does. Thanks for that, Alan.

• Thanks for the update. Not shooting the messenger but interesting that the pitch is apparently still a red zone but the 3 kids who did the higher/lower thing on Saturday were on the pitch and the lad who pressed the button to start the fireworks was also on the pitch (twice!) - slightly contradictory?

• I believe an exception had to be made because of a feedback problem with the microphones in the stand.
    Teething problems that are on the agenda to be sorted.

• I suppose a ten piece Salvation Army brass band marching up and down in hob-nailed nailed boots is out of the question.

• @micra said:
    I suppose a ten piece Salvation Army brass band marching up and down in hob-nailed nailed boots is out of the question.

Why stop there? Don’t think the massed bands of the Coldstream Guards are very busy at the moment.

• Thanks for the update @glasshalffull, i hadn’t considered Covid restrictions for the pitch.

• After the Leicester game, I asked Neil Peters if the clock on the Big Screen could be moved to the right hand side, as it was hidden on the left, fully or partially, to those of us towards the back of PreSonus. I was pleased to see it on the right last game, well done Neil.

The only drawback now is that it doesn't display when the adverts are on, which is much of the time.

I seem to recall Rob mentioning a second Big Screen being contemplated, perhaps that will be in the opposite corner.

• @Steve_Peart said:
    I seem to recall Rob mentioning a second Big Screen being contemplated, perhaps that will be in the opposite corner.

Surely that will cut down on seating when we get our second road and the Frank Adams extends around the corner and over the terrace!

Mind you, by the time that happens we'll probably have the screens on ocular implants linked to the stadium Wi-Fi.

As a matter of interest, was that extending over the terrace ever a plan, or just a thought exercise I gave my son once?

• @niebieski said:

@Steve_Peart said:

Surely that will cut down on seating when we get our second road and the Frank Adams extends around the corner and over the terrace!

Mind you, by the time that happens we'll probably have the screens on ocular implants linked to the stadium Wi-Fi.

As a matter of interest, was that extending over the terrace ever a plan, or just a thought exercise I gave my son once?

From what I understand, we cannot extend the capacity past 10k until there is better access, so putting a second tier on the terrace is a thought exercise for everyone until there is a 2nd road!

• @Steve_Peart said:
    After the Leicester game, I asked Neil Peters if the clock on the Big Screen could be moved to the right hand side, as it was hidden on the left, fully or partially, to those of us towards the back of PreSonus. I was pleased to see it on the right last game, well done Neil.

The only drawback now is that it doesn't display when the adverts are on, which is much of the time.

Thanks Steve...yes, I noticed the clock had been moved so well done to you and Neil for that.

• @niebieski, I only remember it as Ivor Beeks saying that extending over the terrace was the next ground development work. I think it was only a wish, and it was many years ago, and obviously we have new owners now with their own plans.

• Fans crossbar challenge could be fun at half time if the kids penalties aren't restarted

• @Steve_Peart said:
    @niebieski, I only remember it as Ivor Beeks saying that extending over the terrace was the next ground development work. I think it was only a wish, and it was many years ago, and obviously we have new owners now with their own plans.

Actually, the owner of Adams Park remains the same. Does the Trust own the fixtures and fittings, including the new floodlights which the club owners paid for?

• @throwaway123 said:
    Fans crossbar challenge could be fun at half time if the kids penalties aren't restarted

Err, Alan’s original post states the EFL don’t permit goalmouth activity.

• The clock moving on the score board is a perfect example of the fan base and club management working together for the greater good. More positive cooperation like this will be most welcome.

• @perfidious_albion said:

@throwaway123 said:
    Fans crossbar challenge could be fun at half time if the kids penalties aren't restarted

It's not much of a challenge if it's from the goal mouth is it...

• @throwaway123 said:

@perfidious_albion said:

@throwaway123 said:

It's not much of a challenge if it's from the goal mouth is it...

Last time I checked the goals were in the goal mouth, were they don’t want any activity?

• I was one of those who specifically asked about the lack of goal replays, so thanks to @glasshalffull for following through with your promise to look into it.

Any idea if they will be showing early kick offs on the big screen, or on the little tvs in the Frank Adams?
    Not sure watching on the big screen from miles away would work, but I think Pete Couhig suggested they could/would do it?

• Can they project it onto the hillside?

• Little TVs in the Frank Adams????

• @Wendoverman said:
    Little TVs in the Frank Adams????

On the walls outside the toilets, in the lobby/foyer. (Neither are the correct word, but i can't place it).
    But you know where I mean.

Presuming they haven't been removed and I just didn't notice on Saturday!

• Don’t think @Wendoverman’s ever ventured over to the real main stand !

• I have just watched Richard Osmans house of games and he had a game where contestants had to guess a song from a particular era from the first letter of each of the lyrics. Something for the big screen perhaps with the answer after an ad break

• @Malone said:

@Wendoverman said:
    Little TVs in the Frank Adams????

On the walls outside the toilets, in the lobby/foyer. (Neither are the correct word, but i can't place it).
    But you know where I mean.

Presuming they haven't been removed and I just didn't notice on Saturday!

We had to climb about a hundred steps at the valley end last Saturday to get to block Q. - I usually get the lift at the away end - so I only walked a short distance on the concourse. I don’t recall seeing any monitors but it was nearly five to three..

• Please keep your suggestions coming in and I will make sure they are directed to the appropriate person at the club.

• Just stick the gasroom up there and get Matt Cecil to keep refreshing the page and going into the matchday thread

We can all pile in and argue with each other in real time while people read and tut/agree/laugh/shout abuse

• "Let's all tut at the gasroom...TUT"
    "Let's all tut MOOORE at the gasroom...MOORE TUTTING, MOORE TUTTING"

• Is that the merrier of the Moores @LX1 ?
    Our Moore (son-in-law) is far from merry as the whole family (all double jabbed) are currently recovering from the dreaded bug.

• You may rememeber, it's a reference to the (quickly shelved) 1978 BBC documentary where former World Cup winning captains travel to Egypt.