Skip to content

Match day thread: Accrington Stanley

Comments

• Equal second @Alexo, I’m also 36.

• There’s far too many youngsters on this forum.

• @floyd said:
    Equal second @Alexo, I’m also 36.

Nice to see us younguns are here to keep these old farts in check ,????

• @Alexo said:

@floyd said:

Nice to see us younguns are here to keep these old farts in check ,????

I love that in no other setting do I consider myself young! So I will enjoy and milk it on the gasroom!!!

• @floyd said:

Sorry to knock you both down the pecking order - 31 here!

• @JohnBoy said:

@floyd said:

Hey hey young gun!! ?
    Glad there's at least a sprinkling of "younguns" on here!!

• I think I'm gonna claim the title here

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    I think I'm gonna claim the title here

Man cub ?

• edited August 2021

I must say that after years of the Gasroom going with a small team of quality over quantity, it is really uplifting that we have been able to finally add a development squad of youngsters. There were already several younger stars in the mix, such as @floyd, @Glenactico and @ReturnToSenda, but to see youngsters like @Alexo and @JohnBoy brought in ostensibly to learn from the generals only to be knocking on the door of the first team, is quite something.

We are in good hands, and even if we end up having to sell a couple to the Middlesbrough forum to balance the books, the future is bright.

• @Shev said:
    I must say that after years of the Gasroom going with a small team of quality over quantity, it is really uplifting that we have been able to finally add a development squad of youngsters. There were already several younger stars in the mix, such as @floyd, @Glenactico and @ReturnToSenda, but to see youngsters like @Alexo and @JohnBoy brought in ostensibly to learn from the generals only to be knocking on the door of the first team, is quite something.

We are in good hands, and even if we end up having to sell a couple to the Middlesbrough forum to balance the books, the future is bright.

Brilliant ?

• Under 40 here too!!!

• Why are you young guys on the Gasroom, at your age you should be playing the game. Some of you are younger than some of our players ?

• I’m under 40 for at least another two months.

• @floyd said:

Astounding.
    You have a very ahem..."mature" way about you :)

• 33 here......

• I'm 54 but when I go out I think I'm 24, does that count ?

Mind you next day I normally feel like 84 !

• 29 here!

• Typically brilliant stuff from @Shev. He and @LX1 (for very different reasons and in very different ways!) keep the Gasroom ticking over during the night.

It’s wonderful to discover that there is such an unexpectedly strong cohort of younger members, growing in confidence and making valuable contributions. A fine Development Squad indeed.

How I managed to omit @DJWYC14 from my original “list”, I’m not sure. A few years ago he was the youngest Trust Board member by a country mile. And I suppose @bigred87’s username was an obvious clue. 34 soon, young man!

My fellow Kent cricket follower, the terse @Chris, also scrapes into the under 40s category for a couple of months but the prolific and permanently pleasant @Malone (where were you yesterday, son?) is, I fear, well on the way to his maiden half century.

Finally, how could I have forgotten that maniacally, ferociously fervent fan, @NorsQuarters ? Have met him a couple of times in the Caledonian and I’m guessing he might be pushing 40 but, if you’re well below, mate, I apologise !

• With so much innovation around the club, the injection of ‘youth’ into the Gasroom might just be a change too far. Gentle Chairfolk with too much time on their hands has been the bedrock of this forum. New thinking is all well and good but what next… three at the back? wing backs? playing it on the floor? good WiFi? Whole world’s gone mad!

• I think a few younger Gasroomers is a good thing, as long as they recognise and respect what is at the heart of this proud forum: puns.

• You'll win nothing with kids

• I hope these whipper snappers are not going to bring in their Ghetto Blasters and ease out the cutting edge music like Middle Of The Road.
    But saying that I would prefer some grime and drill tunes than the offerings of Prog Rock !!

• @JohnBoy said:

@floyd said:

@JohnBoy to knock you back up this list a place, 28, for a few more weeks at least.

• @ChasHarps said:
    I hope these whipper snappers are not going to bring in their Ghetto Blasters and ease out the cutting edge music like Middle Of The Road.
    But saying that I would prefer some grime and drill tunes than the offerings of Prog Rock !!

Hey! I attribute partial deafness in my right ear to climbing the speaker stack at a Marillion gig in ‘83. During ‘Forgotten Sons’ if memory serves.

• Script for a festered ear.

• edited August 2021

Many years ago at the front of a Motorhead gig a friend of mine 'fell asleep' with his head resting against the monitor in front of Fast Eddie Clarke. He was never the same again.
    Strangely given my catholic musical tastes the loudest gig I ever went to was Echo and The Bunnymen at Rock City. I could not go into work the next day as I could not hear well enough to answer the phones.

• I went to a party in Austin a few years back where we couldn't hear the music because of a Motorhead gig about 10 blocks away.

• Until you've been to a Swans gig, you ain't heard loud.

• @Chris said:
    Script for a festered ear.

I tip my hat!

• @drcongo said:
    I went to a party in Austin a few years back where we couldn't hear the music because of a Motorhead gig about 10 blocks away.

Ah Motörhead. Very loud at a small venue in Birmingham. Less so at the Hammy Odeon. Loudest gig I think Husker Du, Marquee mid 80s