Skip to content

Message to PA announcer + half time 'entertainment'

2»

Comments

• @perfidious_albion said:
    @shev yes many cultural differences to absorb. Having lived both sides of the pond I only wish I could cherry pick the best of both. When I lived in NYC I became a Rangers fan and the T-shirt canon was a revelation, if there are any ‘I was there’ Beanie T-shirt’s left in the storeroom the club should definitely give that a go. Not sure health and safety would let the tigers loose at AP though?

I am envious! I love ice hockey, and seeing a game at Madison Square Garden would be fantastic!

• @Shev said:

@perfidious_albion said:
    @shev yes many cultural differences to absorb. Having lived both sides of the pond I only wish I could cherry pick the best of both. When I lived in NYC I became a Rangers fan and the T-shirt canon was a revelation, if there are any ‘I was there’ Beanie T-shirt’s left in the storeroom the club should definitely give that a go. Not sure health and safety would let the tigers loose at AP though?

I am envious! I love ice hockey, and seeing a game at Madison Square Garden would be fantastic!

@Shev Will you not be stood at the front of the terrace on your next outing to AP with your back to the game waving a big flag and insisting everyone joins in with your chant of "That's the way I like it" just after we concede? This seems to be a firm MLS favourite alongside raft's of kids and their "soccer moms" neither of which set seem to have any interest in anything happening on the pitch.

• @StrongestTeam said:

@Shev said:

@perfidious_albion said:

@Shev Will you not be stood at the front of the terrace on your next outing to AP with your back to the game waving a big flag and insisting everyone joins in with your chant of "That's the way I like it" just after we concede? This seems to be a firm MLS favourite alongside raft's of kids and their "soccer moms" neither of which set seem to have any interest in anything happening on the pitch.

As long as it's a sponsored segment...'That's The Way I Like It' brought to you by State Farm Insurance.

• @StrongestTeam said:

There are definitely cultural differences in the way that spectators behave in the US compared to the UK. I went to a baseball game in Nashville that was tagged ‘Tail wagging Tuesday’ where people were encouraged to bring along their pet dog. Hundreds of fans gathered in a corner of the stadium with their pooches, drinking beer and eating burgers (the people that is!) and with their backs turned to the action on the field.

• @glasshalffull said:

@StrongestTeam said:

There are definitely cultural differences in the way that spectators behave in the US compared to the UK. I went to a baseball game in Nashville that was tagged ‘Tail wagging Tuesday’ where people were encouraged to bring along their pet dog. Hundreds of fans gathered in a corner of the stadium with their pooches, drinking beer and eating burgers (the people that is!) and with their backs turned to the action on the field.

Wired! The spectators not you Alan. ?

• @Shev I don’t know how British crowds would react to play being stopped for an TV advert break

• @MorrisItal_ said:
    @Shev I don’t know how British crowds would react to play being stopped for an TV advert break

What do you suppose the long-term goal of VAR is?