Skip to content

Traffic Updates

Can we have a thread where Gasroomers can update others about the state of the traffic around the ground on match days? Say if people need to get a cab in - how long is it taking from WW Road to Hillbottom Road?

We could introduce a Tier System - Traffic is a Tier 1 emergency, 3 hours from Gilletts Lane to Gallows Lane.

Could also put some Traffic on here:

Comments

• It’s now the Gasroom version of a sticky.

• If you leave now, you should be able to find a space in the upper car park. But make sure you prebook.

• Will never say no to a bit of Traffic.
    If you have 12 minutes to spare... ?

• Prefer The Jam.

• @micra said:
    Prefer The Jam.

Marmalade for breakfast with Humble Pie and Cream for dinner!

• @micra As long as we don't have both Traffic and the Jam together between 2 and 3 on Saturday.

• Absolutely @NewburyWanderer. I’d heard of The Jam (and the Beatles) but wasn’t familiar with their repertoire! Couldn’t resist a silly quip.

• Just came along West Wycombe Road.
    Road works and temporary traffic lights about a quarter of a mile short of Mill End Road heading west from the town. Not sure how temporary or whether they will be suspended at the weekend.

• @micra said:
    Just came along West Wycombe Road.
    Road works and temporary traffic lights about a quarter of a mile short of Mill End Road heading west from the town. Not sure how temporary or whether they will be suspended at the weekend.

Same down Chapel Lane - hopefully gone by the weekend!

• edited August 2021

@NewburyWanderer said:
    @micra As long as we don't have both Traffic and the Jam together between 2 and 3 on Saturday.

as a Jam enthusiast and long-time fan of the Modfather (who likes them), I must admit I have tried Traffic but even now at my advanced age...when I appreciate a lot of the stuff I spurned as a punkish yoof...I cannot get into it at all. If, however, any of the members lives in Wycombe and has somewhere to park on Saturday...

• I'm with you there Mr Wendy, I'm of the opinion that The Jam are arguably the greatest band to ever emerge from the UK.
    And struggle to appreciate Traffic, but then again I pretty much detest nearly all forms of Prog and psychedelic Rock.

• No word yet about the "enhancement" to the arriva park n ride scheme yet?

Maybe too late to arrange it before this game then, but plenty of time for the next one!

• edited August 2021

@ChasHarps said:
    I'm with you there Mr Wendy, I'm of the opinion that The Jam are arguably the greatest band to ever emerge from the UK.
    And struggle to appreciate Traffic, but then again I pretty much detest nearly all forms of Prog and psychedelic Rock.

You don't know what you're missing @ChasHarps :smile:
    I do like The Jam as well though.

• Chapel Lane traffic lights. No work. Just lights

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:
    Chapel Lane traffic lights. No work. Just lights

Fantastic, that could cause carnage

• Great early intel

• A4010 John Hall Way, open in both directions 30 mins ago, hopefully it will stay that way.

• Any updates everyone?

• Just driven past Hour Glass and all the way to Hillbottom Rd. No queue

• No traffic at all at 13.50 and parking available in the £5 car parks on approach. Nice big signs at the entrance to Hillbottom Road.

May not be that many people here as the Vere is about 75% of pre-covid capacity at 14.00

But that may be due to the lack of decent beer. Not happy

• Hillbottom Rd still has some parking but not much open about 6 cars at the gate but still no going straight in (we have a pass)

• While they sorted out letting in the Mott's coach the queue built to 30 cars!

• Traffic lights on West Wycombe Road, people crying and some isolated fights

• We set off early, parked easily and walked into Adams Park and 2pm, which gave us just enough time to queue for a pint. Not quite enough to drink it too though.

• I would be interested in hearing how the park and ride worked out today.

(And if underused can we hijack one of the mini buses back to the station…)

• Chalk and cheese compared to the Leicester game today. Easy access down hill bottom road, clear signage and into the upper car park with virtually no queue at 2.15pm.

• edited August 2021

All good today. Well played club + supporters.

• Yes I'm not saying it was just because of this thread but you know

• @bookertease said:
    I would be interested in hearing how the park and ride worked out today.

(And if underused can we hijack one of the mini buses back to the station…)

Worked well going there but way back was an issue as they picked up from stadium for the ones leaving soon after final whistle but then delayed and then couldn't move for fans walking along hillbottom Road and then cars leaving..didnt get back to the park and ride car park untill 5.30