Skip to content

The definitive ex-player news thread

Comments

• @Gary said:

I’m not going to lie, I couldn’t for the life of me remember this bloke ever playing for us…and that’s because he didn’t. He signed as part of a double loan signing alongside Danny Rowe (remember how promising he was!) but didn’t play. There’s been a few that Gaz has signed on loan who haven’t featured, isn’t there - did James Ferry ever get a game in the end?

Was a bizarre one, that we didn't trust throwing him on even for a few mins in one game. Bearing in mind those days we ran on the bare minimum of players.

• @Malone said:

@Gary said:

I’m not going to lie, I couldn’t for the life of me remember this bloke ever playing for us…and that’s because he didn’t. He signed as part of a double loan signing alongside Danny Rowe (remember how promising he was!) but didn’t play. There’s been a few that Gaz has signed on loan who haven’t featured, isn’t there - did James Ferry ever get a game in the end?

Was a bizarre one, that we didn't trust throwing him on even for a few mins in one game. Bearing in mind those days we ran on the bare minimum of players.

Interestingly, Gaz’s comments on Walker when he signed:

“Nicky is an exciting attacking player with electric pace. He's got a goal in him as well and I know he's looking forward to getting stuck in at League level.”

• edited July 2021

@Gary said:

@Malone said:

@Gary said:

“Nicky is an exciting attacking player with electric pace. He's got a goal in him as well and I know he's looking forward to getting stuck in at League level.”

Nathan Evans as well, didn't play one minute in a competitive game IIRC. Won a pro contract through some sort of competition run by Samsung (details are a bit hazy).

• @NewburyWanderer said:

@Gary said:

@Malone said:

@Gary said:

Nathan Evans as well, didn't play one minute in a competitive game IIRC. Won a pro contract through some sort of competition run by Samsung (details are a bit hazy).

That was understandable though, as that was just a PR exercise and he was no doubt miles off the level required.

But Walker came from a higher tier club, so it was very odd not to get a minute of action, even in the Checkatrade, or whatever it was called.

Just bringing him along to be a mate for Danny Rowe seemed a bit harsh.

• Really surprised that Danny Rowe is still languishing in non league football, had so much promise.

• @DPR38 said:
    Really surprised that Danny Rowe is still languishing in non league football, had so much promise.

He was such a promising talent as you say and you have to wonder if the reason he is playing non league football is due to other reasons. The season we had him on loan initially, he was arguably one of our best players.

• @Gary said:

@DPR38 said:
    Really surprised that Danny Rowe is still languishing in non league football, had so much promise.

He was such a promising talent as you say and you have to wonder if the reason he is playing non league football is due to other reasons. The season we had him on loan initially, he was arguably one of our best players.

He’s now known as Daniel Rowe and plays for Whitby Town in Tier 7 and is the Captain.

• @throwaway123 said:
    Kevin Betsy linked with Arsenal u23 post. Currently England u18 manager.

This is now confirmed. https://twitter.com/ArsenalAcademy/status/1422512855966961666?s=20

• Looks like Ryan Allsop has signed for Derby in time to play tomorrow.

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:
    Looks like Ryan Allsop has signed for Derby in time to play tomorrow.

Bet they haven't paid his signing on fee yet!

• Weren’t the players presented with contracts to sign by this lunchtime but without any salary details! Poor Ryan.

• @perfidious_albion said:
    Weren’t the players presented with contracts to sign by this lunchtime but without any salary details! Poor Ryan.

Nothing mentioned boys ?? £3.59 per game it is then!!

• Kareem Harris on trial at Reading.
    He joined us two days before the Palace game because previously he was 'pinged' so we have to give him a fair chance, so long as he is patient to be here.

We understand players need to play and sort their future so we have to be patient with him. He is improving his fitness and his delivery in training.

It's going to be difficult to see him in another game so that makes our decision difficult but there will be a time when we can see him in a certain capacity to the level he can perform.

We'll look to give him the best possible opportunity because that will benefit us.

• Alex Pattison scores on his debut for Harrogate

• Alex Pattison scores on his Harrogate debut against Rochdale.

• Gozie Ugwu scores for Morton.

• Fred Onyedinma tearing Peterborough a new backside for Luton according to R5. Posh obviously not cut out for that level of football.

• And Now Fred Makes it 3-0.

• Anyone checked in on Alan Swann?

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:
    Fred Onyedinma tearing Peterborough a new backside for Luton according to R5. Posh obviously not cut out for that level of football.

They're stinking out The Championship already, LOL!!.

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:
    Fred Onyedinma tearing Peterborough a new backside for Luton according to R5. Posh obviously not cut out for that level of football.

Operation Undercover Fred pays immediate dividends.

• 1 goal and 2 assists for Fred, what a debut!

• We’ve got this right guys?

• Uche Ikpeazu started for Middlesbrough at Fulham today but while his side were one down he was substituted after 56 minutes as they changed the strike force. Game finished 1-1

• He's got the number 9 shirt too.

• Didn’t really get much service in all fairness. I hope he hits the ground running as I think we learned he’s a confidence player.