Skip to content

Match day thread: Accrington Stanley

Comments

• Gosh! That’s early.

• Its been a long wait for live competitive football, I might be a bit excited.

• Yep, not sure I'm going to be able to sleep much tonight

• Aren’t we all @BSE. Even an ancient like me.

• Can't wait! Wycombe to win by 3, Vokes to score!

• Huzzah!

• FFS, here I am reading the gas room at 5am because the wife woke me up to say that the kids tooth fairy hadn’t arrived yet so I had to contact the tooth fairy and gets her rear in gear. WIDE AWAKE NOW. Anyway, she has arrived now - left 2 quid for the blighter. She had a tenner originally and apologised for being late. Reason being, she said, was it had been a busy night and had nipped to AP for a burger - said the traffic was horrendous, couldn’t park in the top field and paid £8 for a burger. Anyway, 2 round pound will suffice I think. And how do I change my username to thetoothfairy123????

• That’s a sight for sore eyes.

• Right day and time on poster- check
    New home shirt- check
    Know where to park- check
    Season ticket on my phone- err I think so check
    First game of the season mix of confidence, eagerness and slight anxiety- check, check, check

• The day is finally here. I'm sure it will be an emotional one and we won't all be taking Saturday trips to Adams Park for granted after the last 18 months. Hope everyone has a brilliant day.

• Saw two Wycombe shirts on display behind the bar in Chiltern Taps last night. It's a sign, right...?

• Sorry I should know this, asking for a ouple of mates ( I am honest) who's cricket match could very easily be called off today... can you still come down and pay on the day ?

• Best to book at tickets.wwfc.com .
    Can do that right up to kick-off, however, no longer any facility for cash sales.

• @username123 - loved the tooth fairy story - shortly to do an entry on the 'Tooth Fairy Competition.
    @BSE - lovely to see the thread - a thank you for every time your have done it which appears to be around the 380 mark.

Can I wish that we respect those who are trying to minimise the health risks. I certainly want to keep live football with unrestricted access for the rest of the season.

I've not missed a game for 18 months, except the middle part of the Play Off Final because the broadband broke and we moved houses, but I have not seen a live match in that time. It feels as heady as the Cup game against Tottenham.

• Can't be there today - family holiday - but there in spirit and cannot wait to be back in the ground. COYB!

• @NewburyWanderer presumably people can still turn up and buy on the day with a card though?

If they stopped that it'd be very mad.

• It would seem from this that there will be no buses from the railway station, at least not today. That seems extraordinarily disappointing.

https://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/club/how-to-find-us/

• @Malone said:
    @NewburyWanderer presumably people can still turn up and buy on the day with a card though?

Yes you'd hope so, especially on days like today when it's possible local sport could be cancelled and the numbers could easily rise by a few hundred. Would be madness to not be able to buy on the day.

• @Malone said:
    @NewburyWanderer presumably people can still turn up and buy on the day with a card though?

Yes you can. This is covered in the Big Match Preview on the official site

Tickets
    There's still time to grab a seat; click here for details! Fans of both clubs can buy on the day; home supporters should head to tickets.wwfc.com to secure their seat to avoid queues at the stadium, and Accrington fans are able to buy from Ticket Office 1 on arrival (cashless only).

• @Malone I'm sure you can, just that you'd be at the mercy of possible queueing, and staff probably struggling to cope with the rush.

• Great to see you back @BSE

• BSEBSE
    edited August 2021

@railwaysteve - thanks, but its no problem at all. I enjoy it & doesn't take much effort :), cheer @drcongo, good to be posting again. Thank you to you also for continuing to host this site for us all its greatly appreciated.

• @NewburyWanderer said:
    @Malone I'm sure you can, just that you'd be at the mercy of possible queueing, and staff probably struggling to cope with the rush.

Good to see.
    Makes sense to get as many as possible doing it online, but the last min floating casual must not be put off too much or they'll simply not bother.

• @OakwoodExile said:
    It would seem from this that there will be no buses from the railway station, at least not today. That seems extraordinarily disappointing.

Does seem exceptionally strange when that has always been a given of a travel option.

Even more odd when there was talk of "enhancing" the Arriva offering.
    You can understand that having not been sorted yet maybe, but not stripping out the original one.

• I'm getting excited ! Is it too early to go down now and get on it !?

• @HolmerBlue said:
    I'm getting excited ! Is it too early to go down now and get on it !?

Absolutely not

• Don't drink all the IPA though!

• Expecting an excruciating defeat today. Please prove me wrong, COME ON WYCOMBE!

• Have a good afternoon everyone, drivers, drinkers, people who only use cash, casual ticket last minute arrivals, crisp vendors, people who prefer more expansive football and a clear Plan B and even those who hope Bayo never pulls on the shirt again! The big day is here! ?

• @OakwoodExile said:
    It would seem from this that there will be no buses from the railway station, at least not today. That seems extraordinarily disappointing.

Yes. Not happy about it but at least I know my way round Wycombe to get to the bus station for the 32 but I’m resigned to a walk back (in the rain probably) from the ground to the station (with 4 hours to dry out)

Not sure whether the police will have a view regarding lack of support for away fans for clubs with a significant amount of supporters likely to travel by train