Skip to content

A4010

Can you help please…is the A4010 still shut. We live 80 miles away and I know the problem it caused against Leicester.

Comments

• You could get through from Handy Cross along John Hall Way on Sunday. The junction to Crest Road (taking you past the Empire Cinema) was closed but there is a signed diversion should you need to get there or to Next.

However a lot of work is still going on and roads need to be remarked.
    Perhaps someone more local to that area can update before Saturday.

If coming from the North on M40 you might be better leaving at J5 through Stokenchurch.

• I was in the area today and John Hall Way was closed to traffic with a sign saying it will remain so till the end of August. It has caused big snarl ups and was undoubtedly a major factor in the queues before the Leicester game.

• I hope the club have informed the Stanley team bus and travelling fans coming off the M40 - not sure Foxes got the memo. “Get here early and put your money (well payment rather than money) behind our bars”

• Ok thanks Alan x 2.

• I only got a glimpse of that road closures sign so it might not apply at weekends.

• @AlanCecil is the Park and Ride bus from Handy Cross hub still going to operate?

• @Gordon_Ottershaw said:
    @AlanCecil is the Park and Ride bus from Handy Cross hub still going to operate?

The last I saw was this a few days ago:
    "The club is working quickly on an enhancement of the Arriva bus service that links the Cressex park and ride, bus station and rail station, and will announce these developments once finalised"

So much to do in a very short time with limited resources!

• @AlanCecil said:

@Gordon_Ottershaw said:
    @AlanCecil is the Park and Ride bus from Handy Cross hub still going to operate?

"The club is working quickly on an enhancement of the Arriva bus service that links the Cressex park and ride, bus station and rail station, and will announce these developments once finalised"

Thank you Alan, it really is appreciated.

• @AlanCecil said:

@Gordon_Ottershaw said:

This sounded very promising. So hopefully there's news on it soon.
    Really hope it involves splitting the Marlow hill route out from.the bus and train station route as that'd be brilliant.

• @drcongo said:

Genius although his magnum opus was “Austin Ambassador Y reg” which interestingly enough makes reference to a Morris Ital

• in our house, his "Can't Go Back to Savoury Now", is very popular.

• I’ve never heard a better opening line in any song than ‘She lives in hope… But she used to live in Barnsley’.

I first heard Shuttleworth when I was living in Wycombe and when I moved to the Notts / Derbyshire borders was delighted to discover all the made up places (like the Crich tram museum) were actually real!

• The A1111 is a favourite in our house for the fact that the very first time we heard it we were driving on the A1111. My absolute favourite though is Two Margarines.

• The guy’s a genius.

• Well, perhaps not a genius, having since listened to ‘Two Margarines’ but always a gentle delight. Bit like @Wendoverman perhaps. Annoying me that I can’t think of his real name. Shuttleworth’s not @Wendoverman’s.

• Graham Fellows?

• @micra said:
    Well, perhaps not a genius, having since listened to ‘Two Margarines’ but always a gentle delight. Bit like @Wendoverman perhaps. Annoying me that I can’t think of his real name. Shuttleworth’s not @Wendoverman’s.

I have no bontempi nor a brown leather jacket but I did know someone called Gordon who was a moron.

• Not Mr Ottershaw, I hope.

• Graham Fellows indeed. Thanks @our_frank .

• You have no organ @Wendoverman ?
    You can pick one up on eBay for five Lady Godivas.

• @micra said:
    Not Mr Ottershaw, I hope.

I hope not as well.

• Close to a genius. I'd put him in the "National Treasure" category.

• Who? Gordon Ottershaw or Graham Fellows?

• @Gordon_Ottershaw said:

@micra said:

I hope not as well.

Not unless he was at a comprehensive school in Nottingham between 1975 - 79!

• @Wendoverman said:

@Gordon_Ottershaw said:

@micra said:

I hope not as well.

Not unless he was at a comprehensive school in Nottingham between 1975 - 79!

Never been to Nottingham, but I was at a Secondary Modern school in Marlow between those years.

• @MorrisItal_ said:

@drcongo said:

Genius although his magnum opus was “Austin Ambassador Y reg” which interestingly enough makes reference to a Morris Ital

I remember my mates dad having a Y reg Ambassador when I was about 12, it's the only plate I've ever managed to commit to memory, BUE 522Y!

• John Hall Way re-opened on Thursday. Crest Road was still closed yesterday, but doesn’t affect travel from the M40 to Adams Park.

• @niebieski said:

@MorrisItal_ said:

@drcongo said:

I remember my mates dad having a Y reg Ambassador when I was about 12, it's the only plate I've ever managed to commit to memory, BUE 522Y!

It even has arrival time for 3pm kickoffs. Five to (two) two.

• I vaguely remember the Ambassador but the car that stands out most in my memory is a Royal Blue Austin Princess. A colleague expressed surprise, saying she thought it a very ‘staid’ choice for a fifty-year-old. Probably was but I’ve always loved me comforts!