Skip to content

Russell Martin confirmed as Swansea head coach

Comments

• Absolutely tremendous news

• Got to love how thoroughly in the mud he's left them ?

• Made even better by him trolling them yesterday saying he'd be at franchise for "a long time".

• Hopefully it nicely hijacks their season. Gab Sutton had them coming 1st, to our 2nd.

• A long time is a very subjective phrase at Franchise.

• edited August 2021

@Malone said:
    Hopefully it nicely hijacks their season. Gab Sutton had them coming 1st, to our 2nd.

He's upgraded us ? I'm not keen on pre-season predictions, but he's someone whose opinion I put a lot of stock in, so it feels nice for us to be rated for once!

• Fantastic news... the comments on twitter are fantastic...

• I do think it's mad that even though it's great news for us however what has he done to deserve a Job like the Swansea job ?

• @Wanderers82 said:
    I do think it's mad that even though it's great news for us however what has he done to deserve a Job like the Swansea job ?

Agree. Staggering appointment. What has achieved at MK?

• Style of play suits Swansea all day long

• Yep, he'll be the most 'Swansea' manager since Rodgers. This season will be a transition season, but their fans seem to think he'll be given time. Hope he goes and absolutely smashes it.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Yep, he'll be the most 'Swansea' manager since Rodgers. This season will be a transition season, but their fans seem to think he'll be given time. Hope he goes and absolutely smashes it.

Yep, get's them promoted so we don't have to play them next season! I do wish him all the best though.

• I think it’s a great appointment in every way. Good luck Russell!

• don't disagree he could be good but just find it strange that he has very limited experience and manages to get a job of that magnitude. he he smashes it though

• Hope so.

• After two finals Steve Cooper left because of lack of money and/or ambition from the club didn't he? Perhaps that's why they could not attract a more 'experienced' manager. Good opportunity for Russell and I wish him all the luck.

• A lot of ill feeling directed at Martin from the franchise customers. I thought they’d be more understanding didn’t the “it’s just business” approach get them a football club.

• @MorrisItal_ said:
    A lot of ill feeling directed at Martin from the franchise customers. I thought they’d be more understanding didn’t the “it’s just business” approach get them a football club.

If they like him that much, they can go over to Swansea to watch him coach, surely?

• If the unthinkable happened in a couple of years time, it sounds like Russ would be a clear favourite to return to Adams Park.

• Of course he could be coaching in the Premier League by that time.

• Russ, I mean!

• That’s very uncomfortable @ReturnToSenda.

• @micra said:
    That’s very uncomfortable @ReturnToSenda.

It's pure 'toys out of the pram' and I love it. Rather a lack of self-awareness on their fans' part...

• Ok. I blindly assumed it was an official club statement. Stupid. My only excuse is that my old eyes have great difficulty in deciphering stuff on this tiny iPhone screen. Is it from a leading member of their official supporters’ club, do you think?

• edited August 2021

@micra They seem to be a very vocal independent supporters group. Somehow I think they'll be waiting a while if it's sympathy they're looking for, though.

• Definitely!

• This guy is in for a shock when he finds out how his club came to exist.

• John Terry is currently second favourite for the MK job. The perfect match really.

• This whole situation is wonderful

Totally uplifting stuff