Skip to content

Leicester City match thread

12345679»

Comments

• Could we start our oen minibus system? Fans could club together and have one designated driver every fortnight. Club must have some deal with the park and ride. Have to think outside the box on this. One from Downley. One from Cressex. One ftom Stokenchurch etc. With maybe 18 in each bus would cost little per person

• Would mean one person not drinking twice a season.

• Could even be a business for someone

• Imagine the camararderie. Bringing prople together after covid. I think ivve cracked it

• Driver does a few trips but gets free ticket. Under 18s go free. Minimal cost to Club.

• 10 buses doing 5 journeys could be 1000 fans (plenty)

• Hiring the buses i know nothing about. How much is it to hire a minibus?

• Analysis of supporters.' residence data crucial here. Want to hire me Rob Couhig?

• @LX1 said:
    Hiring the buses i know nothing about. How much is it to hire a minibus?

Price varies, but the problem you have is that I think its any more than 9 seats, and the driver will have to get a Class D license which requires training similar to a PSV driver. Then the hire of a minibus probably close to £150 for an 16-18 seater + fuel and suddenly the costs don't look as hoped.

• Easy to see on the basis of those figures @EwanHoosaami how it would take around a tenner per passenger to even break even (even!), especially with idling fuel consumption whilst in a long tailback.

• Can’t be many clubs in the country whose fans are trying to work out ways to successfully get to home games by kick off!

Played for a side that bought an old ambulance for a few hundred quid which was supposed to be kitted out but we never bothered doing it, so everyone just slid around hanging on for dear life on the way to away fixtures.

• I used to hire one each year to do the Reading Ale Trail with a gang of thirsty mates. We each chipped in a tenner and that covered our hire and petrol. Since it was a non-commercial venture, my big standard licence qualified me, but I believe there are rules and regulations for formal business setups.

• Ps - can’t remeber whether it was a 15 or 17 capacity inc front seats, either way it was a big one.

• Another Bucks club was also having problems staging a friendly on Wednesday, this report in the MK Citizen.

Visiting fans have slammed the organisation of last night's Tottenham V MK Dons game as a "shambles" at the city's stadium.

And this afternoon MK Dons and stadium bosses have issued a public apology, saying an immediate investigation has been launched into the problems.

The game, which Tottenham won 3-1 saw 20,000 fans descend on the MK Stadium and, predictably, the first problems arose with parking.

"People were driving round for an hour or more but there was nowhere. They were going further and further out until they were parking all over the nearby industrial estates," said one witness.

But the biggest problems began at the entry gates into the stadium.

"We were all being herded through gate 5. The others seemed to be shut. It was crazy and it just took forever," said one fan.

"The match kicked off at 7.45pm but at 8.15pm I was still outside the gate, queueing with loads of other people to get in. I estimate around 2,000 of us were late getting in to see the match."

Another visitor said: "The queue was the entire length of the stadium and back again, and not really moving. Twenty minutes into the game they then decided to open other gates to let people in.

More chaos erupted when fans finally did get in and tried to check where their seats were.

"The stewards seemed to have given up and were just waving us in. It's a ticketless system so our seat numbers were on our phones. But when we tried to check them, we found there was no wifi in the Stadium at all.

"In the end, people were just sitting anywhere, It was a total shambles."

Fans say it was lucky fights did not break out as tempers became frayed. But, in fact, the crowd was very well behaved.

Meanwhile MK Dons have posted an apology on their social media pages and told the Citizen they have nothing further to say until the investigation is complete.

The statement reads: "The Club, once again, apologises for the delays that some supporters experienced gaining entry to Stadium MK on Wednesday night.

"An investigation was immediately launched into the reasons for these issues and that investigation is still ongoing. We will issue further information as soon as we have answers."

• @peterparrotface said:
    Can’t be many clubs in the country whose fans are trying to work out ways to successfully get to home games by kick off!

Can’t be many clubs that have late night @LX1 working to solve the problem though!

• @Steve_Peart said:
    Another Bucks club was also having problems staging a friendly on Wednesday, this report in the MK Citizen.

Visiting fans have slammed the organisation of last night's Tottenham V MK Dons game as a "shambles" at the city's stadium.

And this afternoon MK Dons and stadium bosses have issued a public apology, saying an immediate investigation has been launched into the problems.

The game, which Tottenham won 3-1 saw 20,000 fans descend on the MK Stadium and, predictably, the first problems arose with parking.

"People were driving round for an hour or more but there was nowhere. They were going further and further out until they were parking all over the nearby industrial estates," said one witness.

But the biggest problems began at the entry gates into the stadium.

"We were all being herded through gate 5. The others seemed to be shut. It was crazy and it just took forever," said one fan.

"The match kicked off at 7.45pm but at 8.15pm I was still outside the gate, queueing with loads of other people to get in. I estimate around 2,000 of us were late getting in to see the match."

Another visitor said: "The queue was the entire length of the stadium and back again, and not really moving. Twenty minutes into the game they then decided to open other gates to let people in.

More chaos erupted when fans finally did get in and tried to check where their seats were.

"The stewards seemed to have given up and were just waving us in. It's a ticketless system so our seat numbers were on our phones. But when we tried to check them, we found there was no wifi in the Stadium at all.

"In the end, people were just sitting anywhere, It was a total shambles."

Fans say it was lucky fights did not break out as tempers became frayed. But, in fact, the crowd was very well behaved.

Meanwhile MK Dons have posted an apology on their social media pages and told the Citizen they have nothing further to say until the investigation is complete.

The statement reads: "The Club, once again, apologises for the delays that some supporters experienced gaining entry to Stadium MK on Wednesday night.

"An investigation was immediately launched into the reasons for these issues and that investigation is still ongoing. We will issue further information as soon as we have answers."

I mean, at least the club apologised...?

• They should apologise for fans having trouble getting into the stadium but surely again the parking around there is not all down to the Franchise is it?

• This has cheered me up no end.

• Might have been my eyes but the goal nets had that chequered pattern, great opportunity for light dark blue I thought..... No, like the jesters hat at the playoff final they were blue and white......?

• We thought the nets were great

• I loved the new nets

• @drcongo said:
    I used to use the park and ride from (the cinema that used to be and might still be called) Wycombe Six some years back as it was useful for hopping back on the to M40. I have a vague recollection of it costing £1. If we want people to use a park and ride service, it needs to a) be cheaper than parking in the industrial estate car parks, b) not be parking on grass because that's just asking for trouble, and c) have enough busses running regularly.

Do we know if that one still exists?

Yeah agree..If it was slightly cheaper and knowing u get out very quickly after final whistle I would use the P&R.

• Wasps eased the parking situation by opening up literally all car parks on the industrial estate.Have the club asked all those businesses?

• @TwinBrother I'm not sure there is the capacity at the station, and not easy to see which big field you might use either.

• This copied from my P&R thread post:

I suspect that it's the insurance companies that are behind the increasing lack of access to parking on the industrial estate. Expensive new fencing and locked gates appearing everywhere. The premiums will be sky high.

• edited August 2021

@Aylesburyblue said:

Wasps eased the parking situation by opening up literally all car parks on the industrial estate.Have the club asked all those businesses?

Wonder how many Wasps initiatives were ultimately paid for by Ibe joining Bournemouth

• Sensible. Needs to be backed up by appropriate signage at bottom of Hillbottom Road and traffic management.

• Sounds like some good thoughts going into this.

They'll have to be certain on the Hillbottom road partnerships with companies though, or you might end up with similar gridlock/turning round with nowhere to go if they get jammed too.

Will be interested what the arriva park n ride plan is. Would definitely use that if they moved back to the later start from the Marlow hill site and picking the bus up at the end of Hillbottom Road. That was very quick and efficient.

• Just watched the Leicester City version of the highlights on Youtube...did not realise Bayo's chance was so close. Still don't like the 'change' strip though.