Skip to content

2021/22 magazine, website, podcast etc. predictions

edited July 2021 in Football

FourFourTwo are first out of the traps and have us 5th (almost as optimistic as me!)

Comments

• edited July 2021
  • Who wrote that ?

• @HolmerBlue said:
    Who wrote that ?

A fan from a well-known website covering a certain club...

• edited July 2021

I'm sure this would be very interesting but I can't read the tweet since, for some reason, you seem to have blocked me on Twitter! I'd be interested to know, if it was something I said, what that might have been...

• edited July 2021

@HCblue Message me your handle on here? I don't block anyone unless they're being abusive or spammy! Sorry if I've done that by accident.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    @HCblue Message me your handle on here? I don't block anyone unless they're being abusive or spammy! Sorry if I've done that by accident.

Will do. Certainly not done either of those things!

• @HCblue Done! Can't get to my messages on here on my phone for some reason, but I just about caught your @ from the notification! Sorry about that.

• Quite alright. I dare say you had your reasons.

• @HCblue said:
    Quite alright. I dare say you had your reasons.

Will have just been mistaken identity - Twitter can get A Bit Much as I'm sure you know. But yeah, knock yourself out!

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@HCblue said:
    Quite alright. I dare say you had your reasons.

Will have just been mistaken identity - Twitter can get A Bit Much as I'm sure you know. But yeah, knock yourself out!

My life is now complete again.

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@HolmerBlue said:
    Who wrote that ?

A fan from a well-known website covering a certain club...

Sorry still no idea, any clues

• @HolmerBlue Roker Report - big Sunderland website who have been rather salty about us before.

• Ahh OK thanks

• edited July 2021
  • If he's correct that'd be one hell of a table, even allowing for the bitter taste of Franchise finishing top. And poor Oxford just missing out on more play-off heartache by one place

• Does this mean if we're not safely ensconced in second by Christmas the usual suspects will be calling for Gareth's head?

• I see that Ronan Munro has taken over from the Gasman this year to do the When Saturday Comes preview for the Wanderers. Was there some kind of arm wrestle, I wonder, or has the Gasman retired from public life?

Anyway, in their poll, admittedly of fans of the other clubs, the pecking order that emerges is:

Sunderland
    Ipswich
    Charlton
    Portsmouth
    Rotherham
    Lincoln
    Oxford
    Wycombe
    Sheff Weds
    Bolton
    Wigan
    Doncaster
    Gills
    Plymouth
    Stanley
    Shrews
    Franchise
    Crewe
    Burton
    Fleetwood
    Cambridge
    Cheltenham
    Wimbledon
    Morecambe

Burton and Wigan look a little low in this to me. Pompey and Sunderland a little high.

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:
    If he's correct that'd be one hell of a table, even allowing for the bitter taste of Franchise finishing top. And poor Oxford just missing out on more play-off heartache by one place

Unfortunately I'm leaning towards agreeing with him on MK

• @our_frank said:
    I see that Ronan Munro has taken over from the Gasman this year to do the When Saturday Comes preview for the Wanderers. Was there some kind of arm wrestle, I wonder, or has the Gasman retired from public life?

Yeah was disappointed to see that, no offence to Ronan (if he posts on here), season only starts once I've read the GM's views in WSC.

• edited July 2021

He's very active on Twitter, so he hasn't retired from public life!

• @Wendoverman said:
    Does this mean if we're not safely ensconced in second by Christmas the usual suspects will be calling for Gareth's head?

I’d remind you that some people think Gareth should have been sacked last Christmas.

• @floyd said:

@Wendoverman said:
    Does this mean if we're not safely ensconced in second by Christmas the usual suspects will be calling for Gareth's head?

I’d remind you that some people think Gareth should have been sacked last Christmas.

Well two people

• Very very few

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@MindlessDrugHoover said:
    If he's correct that'd be one hell of a table, even allowing for the bitter taste of Franchise finishing top. And poor Oxford just missing out on more play-off heartache by one place

Unfortunately I'm leaning towards agreeing with him on MK

With luck if they are top at Christmas Russell Martin may be headhunted by some failing Championship side with ideas above their station (hello, Stoke or Derby) and the Franchise will fall apart

• @bookertease said:
    @floyd said:

@Wendoverman said:

Well two people

Aye, a few fringe lunatic. But every flood starts with a trickle!

• Not if the drops evaporate as soon as they hit the ground

• The Guardian has us down as automatic promotion contenders, alongside Ipswich, Sunderland and Lincoln https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/aug/03/league-one-2021-22-season-preview

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:
    The Guardian has us down as automatic promotion contenders, alongside Ipswich, Sunderland and Lincoln https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/aug/03/league-one-2021-22-season-preview

Lovely stuff! Ben Fisher knows this club as well as any 'outsider', not the first time he's written about us.

• edited August 2021

Being seen as contenders is a strange sort of feeling isn't it...part excitement - part sense of impending doom. A bit like how it must feel at Sunderland, Portsmouth and Ipswich every season.