Skip to content

Leicester friendly tickets

13»

Comments

• @Wendoverman said:
    Must be about the right time in the pre-season cycle so....I asked for a physical season ticket...has anyone else got theirs or know when we might get our claws on them?

DISGRACE!

Apparently you pick them up at AP on Wednesday or they get posted out.

I ordered a physical card too but I remember someone saying you’d still get a digital code as well. I currently have neither.

• I believe they are available for collection before the Leicester game @Wendoverman

Any not collected will apparently be mailed the following day.

• Oh right. I thought that was season passes for the car park. Grand. Thanks all.

• My mate tells me they played out a 0-0 with Burton that was somewhat underwhelming (and then lost to The Brewers on pens) so it will be an interesting evening if we set about them.

• They had basically all the big names involved apart from those who went deep at the Euros, so it should be fun.

• @arnos_grove said:

@Wendoverman said:
    Must be about the right time in the pre-season cycle so....I asked for a physical season ticket...has anyone else got theirs or know when we might get our claws on them?

DISGRACE!

Apparently you pick them up at AP on Wednesday or they get posted out.

I ordered a physical card too but I remember someone saying you’d still get a digital code as well. I currently have neither.

Was at the club today, the digital version will already be on your phone. You have to log in to your account and it should appear. As for the plastic version, any not collected before the LCFC game should be posted out the next day, along with car park passes from what I understand.

• It won't be on my phone...nothing is...but good to hear about the earth-killing plastic version. Thanks @EwanHoosaami

• @EwanHoosaami said:
    Was at the club today, the digital version will already be on your phone.

Sounds like that U2 album a few years ago.

How does the club know where my phone is and at what point in the day did they sneak in and put a ticket on it? Did anyone catch them and if so which player did you meet?

• Logged into my ticket account. I think I found it in ‘events in season ticket’ but it was very unclear and downloading it failed ‘due to maintenance’. Plenty of time though.

As someone who always takes the digital option with tickets & payments, and isn’t looking to moan for the sake of it, that ticketing system is probably one of the most unintuitive retail sites I’ve ever used. The messaging (which I guess can’t be customised) is odd and unhelpful.

• I reset my password and got a notification saying they'd 'sended' me a link.

• After they explained painstakingly, in idiot code, how to do it, I came home to my wife & son with one of those "smug, listen to me I know what I'm doing looks", after being told, it will already be on their phones. Well several attempts later, I couldn't, wife had to request a new password & got the same message as @ReturnToSenda, that she had been "sended" a link. Eventually got in and as has been reported before by @arnos_grove it has to be the most unintuitive sites ever produced. By the way, my wife was a computer programmer for the best part of 20 years and has worked at many of the worlds leading banks & was responsible for writing the entire Paris Disneyworld share issue programming & she couldn't manage it. As such, I am now going to have to return to the club later to ask them to do it. I can see a huge Q outside the gates at the 1st game of people scratching their heads and eventually lining up at the ticket office for help.

• Anybody know how many tickets are sold for tonight?

• @arnos_grove said:
    Logged into my ticket account. I think I found it in ‘events in season ticket’ but it was very unclear and downloading it failed ‘due to maintenance’. Plenty of time though.

As someone who always takes the digital option with tickets & payments, and isn’t looking to moan for the sake of it, that ticketing system is probably one of the most unintuitive retail sites I’ve ever used. The messaging (which I guess can’t be customised) is odd and unhelpful.

Has anybody reached the position of having a season ticket visible on their phone yet? All I see is the ‘failed due to maintenance’ message when I try to download something. I may be wrong but I don’t think that will get me through the turnstile.

• @Manboobs said:

Has anybody reached the position of having a season ticket visible on their phone yet? All I see is the ‘failed due to maintenance’ message when I try to download something. I may be wrong but I don’t think that will get me through the turnstile.

Sort of.

I can get a ticket for Accrington game to appear on screen but not something that looks like a season ticket. I'm not sure if that suggests that it'll be necessary to follow the same process before every game or that I've done something wrong.

Whereas the Leicester ticket was relatively simple to get and save in the Wallet app.

As others have said, it's far from intuitive.

• I see the ticket but can’t see a way of transferring it to my phone

• @MorrisItal_ said:
    I see the ticket but can’t see a way of transferring it to my phone

I have found a scannable thing for the Stanley. Not the easy add to Apple wallet I was expecting and it wasn’t obvious how to get to it. I had to choose the little box with an arrow symbol at the bottom of my season ticket subscription then choose Go to Card at the bottom of new screen that had appeared and then choose go to virtual card. And it appeared. I was also able to choose send virtual card and have a link texted. Clicking that took me to it displayed in my browser with no need to sign in although I couldn’t then navigate anywhere else from there. Quite the process and after a few pre match Rebellions quite unlikely to be recalled. And seems maybe has to be done for each game. However does also suggest the link could be texted to one’s mate if one wasn’t attending…

• I had the system text me a link for both the Leicester game and my ST, although the latter just displays as a single ticket for Accrington. Was fairly straightforward and I’d probably use that approach again.

I’m sure the bugs will be ironed out in time. The main thing is having proper support and contingency when it does goes wrong.

• I've managed to get this, but no matter how much I rotate my laptop, nothing else happens.

• @Manboobs said:

@MorrisItal_ said:
    I see the ticket but can’t see a way of transferring it to my phone

I have found a scannable thing for the Stanley. Not the easy add to Apple wallet I was expecting and it wasn’t obvious how to get to it. I had to choose the little box with an arrow symbol at the bottom of my season ticket subscription then choose Go to Card at the bottom of new screen that had appeared and then choose go to virtual card. And it appeared. I was also able to choose send virtual card and have a link texted. Clicking that took me to it displayed in my browser with no need to sign in although I couldn’t then navigate anywhere else from there. Quite the process and after a few pre match Rebellions quite unlikely to be recalled. And seems maybe has to be done for each game. However does also suggest the link could be texted to one’s mate if one wasn’t attending…

Just followed this walkthrough and got there easily (after a few password attempts) cheers. Going to print it out and stick it to my special 1.1 pint beer glass

• Definitely no virtual ticket for me for the Accy game but I wonder if that's because I've ordered a card?

Be interested to see if anyone ordered a card and can get a virtual ticket too? I followed @Manboobs' instructionsall the way to the 'virtual card' bit, which didn't appear for me. The Leicester ticket was downloadable and although not that intuitive, you'd soon get used to it.

Before anyone says 'just use your card' I am such a goon at leaving the house with everything I need, so the more places I can access the thing, the better!

• I managed to get the virtual pass into my Apple Wallet, but I had to use a third party app to create it which was a bit of a palaver. If that barcode changes each game then it's very quickly going to become a massive chore. Starting to wish I'd requested a physical card.

• I bought two season tickets in April but when I log into my account, my wife's is showing as "cancelled" with a red border around it.

Phoned the office and they said it's not cancelled - the fact it's showing as such is just a glitch.

Bit disconcerting, so I look forward to getting my mitts on two plastic season tickets tonight - you know where you are with them!

• Interesting that others are saying they have downloaded a virtual ST as, despite being able to access a ticket for tonight (which I've taken a screen shot of - good tip that) it definitely doesn't allow me to download a virtual ST.
    I also have the red border with cancelled and X in top left corner, which I'm staying well clear of, and blue boxes with arrow for "Go to transaction" "Go to card" "Go to refund". The "Go to card" option simply takes me to my credit card details.

• @drcongo said:
    I managed to get the virtual pass into my Apple Wallet, but I had to use a third party app to create it which was a bit of a palaver. If that barcode changes each game then it's very quickly going to become a massive chore. Starting to wish I'd requested a physical card.

Indeed.

• I'd love to see the procurement requirements from when we shortlisted ticketing suppliers. Even Ticketmaster let you add to wallet with a single click, and they're absolute scum.

• @Twizz said:
    Interesting that others are saying they have downloaded a virtual ST as, despite being able to access a ticket for tonight (which I've taken a screen shot of - good tip that) it definitely doesn't allow me to download a virtual ST.
    I also have the red border with cancelled and X in top left corner, which I'm staying well clear of, and blue boxes with arrow for "Go to transaction" "Go to card" "Go to refund". The "Go to card" option simply takes me to my credit card details.

Which may not be what you want to hand over to the youth in the turnstile.