Skip to content

Comments

• Interesting.

I'm sure one poster said that it was his "understanding" that the programme had ceased to be.
    Wondered how he was so sure.

• @Malone said:
    Interesting.

I'm sure one poster said that it was his "understanding" that the programme had ceased to be.

I believe 'another poster' also said they'd been planning on bringing it back ;)

• But I'm interested to see how it does. I used to buy it religiously - probably unusual for a younger supporter - but I'm not that fussed now, even though they'll no doubt do an excellent job with it.

• @Malone said:
    Interesting.

I wonder.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    But I'm interested to see how it does. I used to buy it religiously - probably unusual for a younger supporter - but I'm not that fussed now, even though they'll no doubt do an excellent job with it.

I bought one every game for a long time.
    Then it quickly dawns on you that they take up loads of room, and aren't the sort of thing you'll look back on much, if ever.

• Good to see. Amongst other reasons I’m pleased is that I used to subscribe for my father when he was in the early stages of dementia in a care home and I genuinely think it helped him.

• I never bother with programmes as I come for the game not the read.

• Didn't realise programmes dissolved at the final whistle.

• @arnos_grove said:
    Didn't realise programmes dissolved at the final whistle.

Exactly. I used to love pouring over the stats etc in younger days after the game.

• What did you pour over them @Malone ?
    You probably realised I was poised ready to pounce!!

• Whoops! Your ‘pouring’ was deliberate I reckon (having now read @arnos_grove’s comment).

• @Malone said:
    Interesting.

That was me. I was 'sure' because one of the volunteer programme sellers had informed me that was the case. As of Wednesday 28/7 this same lady and also another volunteer programme seller had still to be informed that their services would be required at AP for the Accrington game.

• ........... AND their services will not be required because the programme is to be sold cashless in bars & the village I have just been informed.

• There are plenty of FREE programmes left from Wednesday night which can be picked up from the club shop or office during normal opening hours. Each one opens up to make an A3 poster/wall chart of the season's fixtures.

The normal fixture posters and pocket sized cards will be available for collection
    from the club now or at the Accrington game. If you can get a fixture poster displayed somewhere such as a pub, barbers, takeaway or any other shop then that would be great. Thanks