Skip to content

High Wycombe 216 Tring Park 216

I’ve posted a few times in here about how entertaining it can be watching the Home Counties Premier Cricket League. Today, High Wycombe (top) took on Tring Park (bottom) at London Road in what looked like a mere formality of a match.

As in most sport, how wrong can you be? High Wycombe won the toss & elected to field. Tring battled very hard against some accurate bowling with Charlie Macdonnell particularly impressive. Aided by Dan Burnell (83) and some late big hitting, Tring were able to post a total of 216-7 in their allotted 64 overs.

High Wycombe got off to a flying start but when opener Elliot Callis was out the scoring rate dropped. With the introduction of spinners Eddie Pike & Rory Criddle the visitors started taking wickets. What had appeared a formality ended with a last wicket run out to tie the scores at 216.

A great afternoon’s entertainment. Even the guests at a wedding reception on the first floor of the pavilion gathered on the balcony to watch such an exciting finish. High Wycombe are still in pole position to win the league but it will take a near miracle for Tring Park to avoid relegation. A great day’s cricket, played with 6-ball overs, no music, no cheerleaders.

Comments

• Maybe you should post before you go to some of these games rather than just a report after? Always seem interesting but too late now.

• Back in the day (mid 70s) my father used to do the scoring/score box at High Wycombe and I was a more than willing assistant. Moved away and never really been back to HWCC so I more than appreciate the updates @A_Worboys thanks