Skip to content

The definitive ex-player news thread

Comments

• Admiral Muskwe has officially signed for Luton, undisclosed fee.

• @floyd said:

@Malone said:

@floyd said:
    I’m old enough to remember how underwhelmed people were when we signed Muskwe.

You definitely need to be employed by the club as some sort of positive thinking analyst.

Not sure Rob would appreciate my ‘tenth would be fine,’ approach to this season.

Though he will appreciate your backing if we do end up there and people aren't happy

• @floyd said:

@Shev said:

@floyd said:

@Malone said:

@floyd said:
    I’m old enough to remember how underwhelmed people were when we signed Muskwe.

You definitely need to be employed by the club as some sort of positive thinking analyst.

Not sure Rob would appreciate my ‘tenth would be fine,’ approach to this season.

Funnily enough, 10th would still be the 4th greatest Wycombe season (if I am right?) with three of the four coming in the space of three consecutive seasons.

It does show how expectations change!

That’s my reckoning. Tenth would represent a great season IMHO, but I reckon that’s a minority opinion.

I'm taking back your positive hat.

Unless some major financial collapse happened to a club, coming 10th in a lower division can't possibly be "great".

• @Malone as @Shev has pointed out it would represent our fourth best ever finish. That sounds pretty good.

• Sad to see Admiral go to Luton in a strange way we see there manager copying ours. Good luck to Admiral I hope he has a good season.

• Aaron Pierre and the rest of the Grenada defence having a tough time against Qatar tonight. 3 down inside 35 minutes.

• Funnily enough not sure we saw the best of Admiral and Fred in our formation. Both good young playets but blew a bit hot and cold for me. Be interesting to see how they do at Luton.

• Good luck to him.

• https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/extra/hfe5e1289y/The-Impossible-Dream

Interesting article on the BBC, Danny Senda gets a very brief mention near the end.

• Subject to international clearance?!?

• Yeah, he last played in India.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Yeah, he last played in India.

I always assumed he was born in the UK.

• Remind me Aaron has played against us before hasn't he...to no great effect...or am I imagining it?

• @aloysius said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

He was born in Cardiff. It’s because he’s been playing in Australia and India for the last couple years.

• edited July 2021

@aloysius said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

He was, but you have to have international clearance regardless if your last club was abroad (and that includes Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland).

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@aloysius said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

He was, but you have to have international clearance regardless if your last club was abroad (and that includes Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland).

Oh I see, so it's not a work permit thing, it's a player registration thing. Gotcha.

• Really hoping with Jimmy as his manager he can help develop him into a better finisher. With only 22 goals in 225 games he surely has to go down as one of the least prolific strikers in history.

• Always a contract for a big target man. Probably the most complete centre forward we've ever had for those two Plymouth play off games. A real dissapointment for the rest.

A first touch to die for so it will be interested to see how he is does.

• @DPR38 said:
    Really hoping with Jimmy as his manager he can help develop him into a better finisher. With only 22 goals in 225 games he surely has to go down as one of the least prolific strikers in history.

Surprised he gets called a striker these days with all the technical positional jargon about. "I create a lot of things for others" is the lead quote on the BBC piece almost apologetically but he'll be remembered well here as being very good technically.
    Re: The Plymouth games as good as Holloway was (very) Paul Hayes was superb. We should start to look back on that as a really good team if the final result ever wears off.

• Didn't he spend 90% of his playing career as a centre back?

• @Wendoverman said:
    Remind me Aaron has played against us before hasn't he...to no great effect...or am I imagining it?

Scored against us when playing for Shrewsbury or Oldham I think. Very early on in the game.

• edited July 2021

In the 3-2 v Shrewsbury (H) in 2018. JJ scored his only ever right-footed goal for Wycombe - a bit of a thunderbastard - and El-Abd got one as well, so a bit of an ex-player goal fest.

• @drcongo said:
    Didn't he spend 90% of his playing career as a centre back?

Youth career maybe. Think he's been a forward since he was with us.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    In the 3-2 v Shrewsbury (H) in 2018. JJ scored his only ever right-footed goal for Wycombe - a bit of a thunderbastard - and El-Abd got one as well, so a bit of an ex-player goal fest.

That was a good game. Great goal by JJ. I was right in line with it behind the goal as it bent into the top corner.

• Will either be player of the season or on his way by Christmas

• @ReturnToSenda said:

Just remembered El-Abd's goal and that was amazing too - chested it down and turned to finish on the volley.

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:

Always a contract for a big target man. Probably the most complete centre forward we've ever had for those two Plymouth play off games. A real dissapointment for the rest.

A first touch to die for so it will be interested to see how he is does.

I can never get over how tubby the Burton badge bloke is. Realistic as a brewer, I suppose.