Skip to content

How old do you have to be to go clubbing?

LX1LX1
edited July 2021 in Football

I have lterally just been denied entry to two nigjtclubs in bournrmouth because quote 'you are too old'

Happy freedom day

Comments

• Our daughter and son-in-law returned home today after a couple of days in Bournemouth. They were shocked by how much that once delightful resort had gone downhill, with litter and drink cans everywhere, cars parked skew whiff all over the place (including central reservations) and a sad decline in quality and cleanliness of the hotel they’d stayed at many times over the years.

They drove along the coast to nearby Muddeford for their second day and it seems that the contrast was striking, including a superb breakfast in, I assume, a seafront cafe and an altogether quieter and more civilised atmosphere.

• I have noticed the smell of weed not just in bournemouth but everywhere. Got nothing againdt it myself but seems like a sea change in youth activity. Sex is 80pc what it was!? What stops that? Social media? Less people drink. Got to be good but maybe part of some drnying culture i feel.

• Anyone under 25 have a reason why you dont like having sex or drinking alcohol?

• My advice would be have lots of sec and drink loads of alcohol, because these optiobs arent available to you when you get old

• Speak for yourself @LX1!

• But more seriously on the subject, for my generation that was raised in the aftermath of ‘free love’ it is interesting to see the changes in attitude and behaviour of the current generation.

Talking to my daughters, literally a couple of weeks out of their teens, the concept of being ‘chatted up’ in a pub just doesn’t seem to exist any more.

In a way I guess it’s liberating for them but personally I would miss the more random element of life (having actually met both - sequential before anyone asks - wives that way).

So much of their lives are lived virtually these days and this is how most people seem to ‘meet’ and then build relationships before moving on to physically meeting.

There is a whole world of etiquette that has developed to ‘govern’ this and their generation seem much more in control, for better or worse, than mine ever did.

Sorry, bit of a ramble but it’s a subject that I do find interesting to observe

• Went to Bournemouth a couple of years ago and tbh I also thought it had gone downhill a bit from what it was, shame, as I remember going there loads as a youngster and it was great. I think from Muddeford onwards is very nice still.

• I suppose a substantial proportion of current visitors to Bournemouth would normally be in mainland Spain and the Balearics.

• Not to mention Tenerife.

• My missis contends Boscombe used to be a delightful.place when she was young but her last visit was very disappointing...heroin central she thought though that was a few years ago. As for kids it seems they date via apps rather than actually meeting people in the pub or wherever and on the whole find out people lie on online! Who would have guessed?

• How old do you have to be to post on here?

• You’ll be fine @StrongestTeam.

• @StrongestTeam said:
    How old do you have to be to post on here?

If you don't remember Len Worley's debut you should probably be on the Facebook group.

• @StrongestTeam said:
    How old do you have to be to post on here?

As soon as you start wearing long trousers.

• @LX1 said:
    I have lterally just been denied entry to two nigjtclubs in bournrmouth because quote 'you are too old'

Happy freedom day

You should try the one in Aylesbury...my daughter and her friends consider it full of young women and middle-aged men claiming to be 'still young at heart, you know what I mean?'

• Wonder if they play the Lee Michael’s song “Do you know what I mean?” Probably too old hat, even for Aylesbury.

• They weren't even clubs. A revolution and a walkabout. Any legal eagles know if that is against the law?

• Have the places we enjoyed in our teens and twenties gone downhill or have we gone ‘uphill,’ as we got older?

• Bit of both but mainly the former, I’d have thought @floyd.

• Youth is wasted on the young

• @LX1 said:
    They weren't even clubs. A revolution and a walkabout. Any legal eagles know if that is against the law?

I think they did you a very kind favour.

• I love how @LX1 has the Gasroom on speed dial! His posts are action packed. We find out he literally just got denied entry to a nightclub, whereas mine would be more like "I just moved from the kitchen to the living room."

• The Jason Statham of the gasroom.

• @Shev i dont do twitter and dont have a wife so I'm afraid you lot get it haha

• Get a wife.

• @LX1 said:
    @Shev i dont do twitter and dont have a wife so I'm afraid you lot get it haha

This place would not be the same without you, mate!

• Hear hear.

• If you are still clubbing and not on the FB page there is a chance you are bringing the average age of the Gasroom down quite nicely @LX1

• Bouremouth is pretty shocking nowadays, the Walkabout and Revolution are just full of hen and stags most of the times - overpriced, rubbish music and crowded!

In the good old days it was Friday night at Mirage in Windsor and then onto the big smoke for Bagleys, Jazz Cafe or The End on a Saturday.

For a midweek classic Henry’s, Smokey Joe’s, Harry’s and The Orchard were always a giggle.
    Cannot remember the last time I was in a proper club, Sports Club or Golf Club are about the limit nowadays!

• I always assume I'm a younger one on here based on some of the comments and posts... How old are all you lovely people. I'm very interested to know actually ?
    Ok I'll start.. I'm 36