Skip to content

What kit manufacturer would you want next?

I’ve seen it mentioned a few times that this is apparently our last year with O’Neills making our kits, so it got me thinking… if that’s the case; who would you want to be our next manufacturer?

Personally I would like Hummel as they’ve made some fantastic kits recently. Curious as to what others would want.

Comments

• edited July 2021

Hummel is the correct answer. They did something close to quarters for Coventry in 19/20:

• I like Erreà and Macron too, though, and Hope & Glory do some really nice kits but are still quite up-and-coming. I know historically we've gone for smaller manufacturers / those just getting into football, but I feel like the Couhigs will aim a bit higher - so Hummel could be a possibility.

• Hummel for me too - they are really on their game lately. However, I may be in the minority, but I have really liked every O'Neills kit, and will be sorry to see them go.

Here's a weird question: I want a bespoke kit no matter what, but when you are the only club with blue quarters, is there anything but a bespoke kit? I doubt these manufacturers have quartered templates lying around, right?

I also would love a kit vote someday, as an increasing amount of clubs have done this in recent times, and it would be a fun way to get the fans involved (and have some great debate in the meantime).

• edited July 2021

Most of the O'Neills designs have been very good - or even better - but the quality isn't up to much (a view shared by at least one person on the playing side of things).

Nike, Adidas etc. tend to go with templates for all but the top few clubs - although I don't really see how a quartered design would be complex to the point of significantly increasing production cost (does anyone know how that kind of thing works?).

I like the idea of a vote - as long as it's not a repeat of 96/97!

• Brooks or Vandanel for me

• Hummel or the re-emergence of Admiral.

• I don't know anything about them, but I like what Copa did for Sheffield F.C. They play in quarters too. My only issue is that I think the sponsor is too high on the home shirt.

Home:
    https://www.footballshirtculture.com/21/22-Kits/sheffield-fc-2021-2022-home-kit.html

Away:
    https://www.footballshirtculture.com/21/22-Kits/sheffield-fc-2021-2022-away-kit.html

• @Shev said:
    I don't know anything about them, but I like what Copa did for Sheffield F.C. They play in quarters too. My only issue is that I think the sponsor is too high on the home shirt.

Home:
    https://www.footballshirtculture.com/21/22-Kits/sheffield-fc-2021-2022-home-kit.html

Away:
    https://www.footballshirtculture.com/21/22-Kits/sheffield-fc-2021-2022-away-kit.html

Copa mainly do indie merch (including a ridiculously overpriced t-shirt with that photo of Motty on the front at one point) and retro reproductions, but those are quite nice.

• edited July 2021

@ChasHarps said:
    Hummel or the re-emergence of Admiral.

There's a documentary on Admiral called Get Shirty which is well worth a watch. Missed marketing opportunity not getting Muskwe back as well...

• Bukta. Each shirt comes with a roll of protective mircopore tape.

• Admiral if possible

• @MorrisItal_ said:
    Admiral if possible

Gone to Luton

• Adidas, Under Armour, Hummel

• I think my love in football may be waning.

I am unable to identify that a fuzzy distant figure in a training photo is plainly Braintree Town's exciting striker Sumran Dumbloke

I am very much in two minds whether I can be arsed to watch Uche play live tomorrow even though he is playing ten minutes up the road. I bloody hate friendlies.

I dont even have a favourite kit supplier. Couldn't care less in truth as long as basic quarters are retained.

Roll on the real season.

• Hummel. It's the only kit manufacturer by whom I could very confidently say I would definitely get the shirt prior to having seen what it actually looks like.

• @our_frank absolute classic! But I know there are far too many hardline quarters fanatics for the dream to ever come true.

• @arnos_grove said:
    @our_frank absolute classic! But I know there are far too many hardline quarters fanatics for the dream to ever come true.

Perhaps we could reinvent it in a different colour as an away kit? Would work nicely in white.

• edited July 2021

An 'alternate home' shirt in just light blue could be cool. In fairness, I've only ever known quarters (or halves).

• @drcongo If you want that to happen I strongly suggest no one shows a translation of their "Chi Siamo" page to our Republican chairman!

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    An 'alternate home' shirt in just light blue could be cool. In fairness, I've only ever known quarters (or halves).

Would be against the club charter I think.

• Blackout kits seem to be all the range nowadays, would be interesting to see what a black out Wycombe kit would look like as an away or 3rd shirt. Umbro have done a very good job with Hull City’s for this upcoming season.

• @OxfordBlue said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

Would be against the club charter I think.

I think so, although I'm pretty sure the charter isn't binding.

• Always torn on the quarters. On the one hand, as supporters of other teams always note, they’re highly identified with us. On the other, I started watching Wycombe in light blue with dark blue trim and get slightly cheesed off at getting a wagged finger from quarter fans who started supporting in the AP years.

Then again, I’m not keen on the view that longevity of attendance makes you a greater supporter.

As I’ve not got three hands, I’ll shut up now!

• edited July 2021

Here's Freiburg's quartered Hummel shirt from last season (I assumed the sponsor was some kind of sausage, but it's a dairy). I've been wanting this colour scheme for a Wycombe away/third kit for a while.

• @arnos_grove said:
    Always torn on the quarters. On the one hand, as supporters of other teams always note, they’re highly identified with us. On the other, I started watching Wycombe in light blue with dark blue trim and get slightly cheesed off at getting a wagged finger from quarter fans who started supporting in the AP years.

Then again, I’m not keen on the view that longevity of attendance makes you a greater supporter.

As I’ve not got three hands, I’ll shut up now!

I would love to see the light blue shirts, Dark blue shorts and light blue socks come back.
    Even for only one season, you would be able to smell the nostalgia of loakes Park.

• Was quartered shirts with white shorts ever a regular thing? Cause I think that looks really good.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Here's Freiburg's quartered Hummel shirt from last season (I assumed the sponsor was some kind of sausage, but it's a dairy). I've been wanting this colour scheme for a Wycombe away/third kit for a while.

Had to Google the sponsor as Black Milk really doesn't sound good. Milk from the Black forest, presumably for making a big old gateaux sounds much better.

• The only problem with that Freiburg shirt is that the sponsor's log is far too prominent against the black and grey background.