Skip to content

Adam Przybek Signs

Comments

• Przy in Pink

• Przy Reckless when gets sent off for a flying two-footer

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@Shev said:
    Already I am wondering how Grimmer gets in a team with wingbacks and a back three

The same way he got in last season! Although I sense we're going to drop the back three and move back to a 4-3-3.

I should clarify I was thinking of a back three of Stewart, Taffy, JJ, so same would go for whoever got left out to bring Grammer in.

Interesting thought about the formation, too. It is definitely going to be telling to see how we line up against Accrington!

• @Shev said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@Shev said:
    Already I am wondering how Grimmer gets in a team with wingbacks and a back three

The same way he got in last season! Although I sense we're going to drop the back three and move back to a 4-3-3.

I should clarify I was thinking of a back three of Stewart, Taffy, JJ, so same would go for whoever got left out to bring Grammer in.

Interesting thought about the formation, too. It is definitely going to be telling to see how we line up against Accrington!

I guess theory is McCarthy suits wing back more but not entirely convinced, sure Grimmer will make himself useful on a regular basis next year be it rwb, right side of 3 or filling in elsewhere

• I agree @StrongestTeam - between injuries and formation changes, they should all get a look in. I do expect Grimmer at RB too, if we do end up 4-3-3.

• edited July 2021

@Shev said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@Shev said:

Ah right, gotcha.

I think a back three with full-backs in the outside centre-back positions makes more sense - they're naturally more adept at defending in wide areas and you can form a more natural back four, with the deeper midfielder dropping in - hence preferring Grimmer there over Stewart.

I just feel like with Kaikai signing and seemingly not being capable of playing wing-back, we'll revert to a front three - which could be in a 3-4-3, but that wouldn't make best use of the players we have and can be a risky system as it's susceptible to big gaps between the lines (although in Thompson we do have our own Kanté, which goes some way to mitigating that).

• @LeedsBlue Genius, Sir.

"Gareth A laughs and it's raining all day ..."

• also, @micra , I can't find out anywhere how tall Przybek is (though I note Gareth referring to him a "a big lad" and he looks tall next to Lee Harrison). Any ideas?

• We only really played a 343 at the end of the season as it sured up the defence against Championship pace, and helped Uche. I think at the start of next season Gaz will revert to his normal 433 with Mehmeti playing in behind hopefully a new number 9

• My Blackpool supporter friend tells me that Kaikai can be very effective playing in the ‘number 10’ role behind the striker so don’t rule that option out.

• We have lots of options now and just need that No 9 and a cover CB. I am sure we will get them.
    We just need a good start against Stanley and get some momentum and we will be in the hunt. COYB!!!

• So we’re ruling out Bayo as a No. 9?

Cue him playing as an impact starter and wearing the opposition defenders out (mentally) before coming off after 60 minutes for fresh legs to take advantage…

• Certainly not ruling him out at all.

• I wouldn't be surprised if Bayo didn't start a single game. We've started playing a more attractive brand of football now and I'm sure we'll be building on that. We have to.

• I'd be surprised if he doesn't.

• There are 46 games plus cup games to come

They'll all start plenty

• edited July 2021

Impossible to see him not start one!

Especially as currently, with 3 weeks to go, we have only Samuel and Kashket as striker options.

• edited July 2021

I mean in the league - but yeah, he probably will start the odd one. It would be ideal to have Uche's successor and a rotation option for them, but I doubt we'll enjoy that luxury at this level.

• I see no reason Bayo can't play in the wingback style we played towards the end of the season, the man's got incredible feet.

• Yeah, if he does start then I think it has to be a in a front two. But I'm just buzzing to have him as the ultimate impact sub for one last season.

• Having said that, a major part of that system was Uche dropping deep to collect and carry, which we clearly won't get with Bayo. I just don't want to see us regress after starting to play some really entertaining football.

• I think there’s nothing more entertaining than winning though I accept not everyone will agree.

• I’d certainly rate Wycombe under Ainsworth as above average entertainment.

• edited July 2021

I'm not someone who thinks there's a right way to play, but I'd certainly rather what we saw at the back end of last season than ultra-long ball stuff - and, in fairness, Gareth did talk about a "slow revolution" in style as early as Coventry away in March.

• @Chris said:
    I’d certainly rate Wycombe under Ainsworth as above average entertainment.

Yeah, it has been - but the football itself, in terms of style, generally hasn't. But we've got the resources to play better football now.

• @glasshalffull said:
    I think there’s nothing more entertaining than winning though I accept not everyone will agree.

All fans want a winning team, obviously, but I think most fans want a team that wins in style too - and if we can have that then brilliant!

• If we go back to a 433 ultra long ball style and we don't start winning, will we see another one of Rob's letters to the fans?

• I think a letter would be triggered by results rather than formation.

• @aloysius said:
    If we go back to a 433 ultra long ball style and we don't start winning, will we see another one of Rob's letters to the fans?

I hope not as it gives relentlessly negative posters a stick to gleefully whack the management with while asking all the 'important questions'. I realise I will get abused or cancelled for posting this.

• You are such an idiot @Wendoverman.