Skip to content

Summer transfer thread

Comments

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:
    New keeper. Adam Przybek.

Worth a fortune in Scrabble.

He’s no Przemysław Kazimierczak…

• @Wanderers82 said:
    who has been genuinely excited by our signing so far ? not to be disrespectful but keen to hear what everyone thinks

Why wouldn’t you be excited by Scowen or Kaikai?

• getting scowen back looks OK, we were pretty strong in CM., Kaikai looks decent but why did Blackpool release him ? Uche and Horgan last season were exciting signings

• It’s Saturday night, it’s the middle of summer, he’s a second choice goalie. Go and enjoy yourself.

• Scowen and Kaikai are both incredibly exciting signings. Madness.

• Nobody had heard of Uche this time last year and he had hardly set the world on fire at Hearts. Horgan was interesting but we are yet to see what I hope will be his best.

• @PJS said:
    Nobody had heard of Uche this time last year and he had hardly set the world on fire at Hearts. Horgan was interesting but we are yet to see what I hope will be his best.

nobody had heard of uche ? speak for yourself , have know about him since his Cambridge days ...

• [Ahem] Mehmeti [Ahem]

• @Wanderers82 said:

@PJS said:
    Nobody had heard of Uche this time last year and he had hardly set the world on fire at Hearts. Horgan was interesting but we are yet to see what I hope will be his best.

nobody had heard of uche ? speak for yourself , have know about him since his Cambridge days ...

why did we buy Uche ?? not even in the squad.....pathetic.
    in Match day thread: Millwall Comment by Wanderers82

• The only thing I'd wonder is why we didn't keep our own young keeper instead of loaning in someone elses.
    But probably easily explained if he actually plays and thus develops, in a way he wouldn't here.

• @Malone he’s a permanent signing

• @Chris said:

@Wanderers82 said:

@PJS said:

why did we buy Uche ?? not even in the squad.....pathetic.
    in Match day thread: Millwall Comment by Wanderers82

don't get your point ...I was disappointed he was not in the squad probably because he was injured

• Nice to get a decent number 2 in without eating into the senior squad space (he only turned 21 in April, so we're all good). Here's where we're at now overall, though.

• @floyd said:
    @Malone he’s a permanent signing

Ah, apologies, let me re-word, to say why didn't we keep the other youngun we had...but I probably answered myself anyway.

• Please dont quote Mr 82 in your response to his baiting. I blocked him last season for reasons that are obvious.

• I would have thought most of us had heard of Uche before last year.

• @Wendoverman said:
    Please dont quote Mr 82 in your response to his baiting. I blocked him last season for reasons that are obvious.

what a big man you are ..what a hero

• @drcongo said:
    I would have thought most of us had heard of Uche before last year.

thank you, very true

• A good frugal set of signings so far. I have a hunch we’re going to make a couple more before the season starts perhaps with some money changing hands

• edited July 2021

Just to show the randomness of '20-goal strikers' and how well you'd do to get one at our level.

• What would get anyone excited about a transfer for Wycombe. We don’t sign stars. From my memory some of the biggest stars we signed have been damp squibs. I’m a diamond in the rough or a last chance saloon fan.

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:
    What would get anyone excited about a transfer for Wycombe. We don’t sign stars. From my memory some of the biggest stars we signed have been damp squibs. I’m a diamond in the rough or a last chance saloon fan.

uche , Tafazoli and Horgan were not so called stars however they were proven at a higher level than where we were ....

• @Wanderers82 said:

@TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:
    What would get anyone excited about a transfer for Wycombe. We don’t sign stars. From my memory some of the biggest stars we signed have been damp squibs. I’m a diamond in the rough or a last chance saloon fan.

uche , Tafazoli and Horgan were not so called stars however they were proven at a higher level than where we were ....

add Stocko to that list

• Scowen and Kaikai, our two major signings so far, have both played at a higher level.

• I’m actually just as excited to see Pendlebury and Linton potentially breaking into the first team this season as I am seeing some more established players coming through the door.

• I think Linton will go out on loan, especially as his loan last season got cut super, but consensus seems to be that Reading made a mistake in letting Pendlebury go.

• What's your definition of a star I guess. Stockdale is the closest we have had to star in a good few seasons. We all knew him from the Premier league and courting the England squad. And the guy is a star. A star free of ego which is refreshing.
    Horgan I only really knew about as he had ripped us apart for Preston. Uche was off in Scotland and not for a good team. My feeling at the time when we signed two players from Scottish football was JOHN SUTTON.

• I am excited about Josh Scowen's return. It's absolutely fabulous news and I will be unapologetic in being more excited by that than Andy Carroll's imminent arrival.

• Andy Carroll would be my dream signing (assuming we can't tempt Jon Parkin out of retirement.)

• @our_frank said:
    I am excited about Josh Scowen's return. It's absolutely fabulous news and I will be unapologetic in being more excited by that than Andy Carroll's imminent arrival.

Had me worried for a second there, thinking I'd missed some news.
    You're not the guy on fb who suggested him are you!

Just trying to imagine how many mins Carroll would take to break down then be out for 23weeks.