Skip to content

Comments

• Interesting that he comes straight in as number 2, but in Gaz (and, in this case, Lee Harrison) we trust etc. At least he has been playing football recently, unlike Anderson when he came to us.

• hopefully turns out to be a good signing , serious question and be honest, who has been excited by our transfers thus far ?

• Another player who's name I don't know how to pronounce

• edited July 2021

People already writing the poor lad off

• Lee Harrison says good. Gaz says Lee Harrison good. Equals good

• A few Ipswich fans / people who cover Ipswich seem to think they made a mistake in letting him go.

• @thecatwwfc said:
    Another player who's name I don't know how to pronounce

I’m going with pr-zjuh-bek

• not writing him off, just don't feel that he will improve our starting 11

• He’s clearly not intended to.

• so why make a massive point of signing a number 2 GK?.find it strange

• Launch of new goalkeeping kit so announce signing of new number 2 keeper - makes sense to me

• Sounds like Priz-bek on the GA interview.

• edited July 2021

The Polish pronunciation is pshi-bek, with the i sound being an "ih" rather than an "ee".

See: https://www.howtopronounce.com/przybek

• 9 Welsh under 19 caps and 3 under 21 caps so must have some promise.

• Gaz said he'll come for the ball and command his area.

Obviously taking a new approach to keeper recruitment following Brown and Alsopp

• Looks like a good signing to me. Without a proper back up keeper we would find it difficult to mount a promotion challenge in what is going to be a difficult division to get out of. I am confident that there is more to come especially along the forward line

• @Wanderers82 said:
    hopefully turns out to be a good signing , serious question and be honest, who has been excited by our transfers thus far ?

Scowen, Kaikai, new keeper and there’s weeks left before the transfer window closes. What’s not to be pleased about?

• edited July 2021

Isn't it open until 31st August? I know it is for the Premier League, so I'm assuming it's the same for the EFL. Either way, great business so far and more to come I'm sure!

• I believe the window closes first week in September

• edited July 2021

@glasshalffull said:

@Wanderers82 said:
    hopefully turns out to be a good signing , serious question and be honest, who has been excited by our transfers thus far ?

Scowen, Kaikai, new keeper and there’s weeks left before the transfer window closes. What’s not to be pleased about?

I could not agree more! We already just really need a number 9 for a really good starting 11 (though they do not grow on trees) and not only is the window nowhere near closed, but there is also the loan market.

We are going to go from wondering how the team is going to take shape to wondering how some fantastic players are even going to get a game! Already I am wondering how Grimmer gets in a team with wingbacks and a back three, how Gape forces his way in when Thompson continues to excel and grow and Scowen also back, and how Mehmeti can get enough time with McLeary in his way. I put teams together in my head and realize I have left out Wheeler, who is one of our most complete players, or Horgan, who may well tear up L1.

We already have an excellent (though incomplete) squad that could hold it's own in the second tier after a rocky start. We are getting very close to having something special for L1, with plenty of time to spare.

• POTN @Shev ! (On a wee break). Back to sleep now, I hope !

• @Shev said:
    Already I am wondering how Grimmer gets in a team with wingbacks and a back three

The same way he got in last season! Although I sense we're going to drop the back three and move back to a 4-3-3.

• I'll take my hat off to anyone that can find a song to fit his surname. ??

• I'm happy with it so far, and let's be honest there will be more, plus every season we always end up with at least a couple of loans in

• Were we excited last season when we signed Anis Mehmeti? Same a few years before that when we took Kashket on for a few months. Many were unimpressed when we signed Bayo.

• There was such an uproar when we announced those four 'B' signings that we no longer use the yellow transfer GIF ? But yeah, I thought Mehmeti might have changed a lot of attitudes (not that countless 'unknown' signings before him shouldn't have already).

• @HomerLone said:
    I'll take my hat off to anyone that can find a song to fit his surname. ??

Wimoweh? Perhaps not !

• @HomerLone said:

If it sounds like Priz-bek I’d use the Topcat theme.

Przybek, the unpronounceable Przybek

• @HomerLone said:

Pryz bek to the tune of mmm bop, obviously

• edited July 2021

"Przybek's back
    Back in goal..."

Without Me