Skip to content

Leicester friendly tickets

Great gesture from the club regarding 20/21 season tickets holders who didn’t claim part or whole refund go free.

Comments

• Indeed it is @Blue_since_1990. Is anyone going up for the filming tomorrow?

• That is a great gesture but £20 for anyone else is a ludicrous price for a friendly IMO, especially when everyone has been starved of live football for so long.

• Yeah, £20 is an absolute piss-take.

• I shall be otherwise engaged on 28 July but not tomorrow. What is the filming about, please?

• £20?!??

How much is a league game these days? To sit? Probably nearer £30 I suppose?

• The argument we are going to get thrown back at the fans time and time again is that yes it used to be cheaper to go to these games and yes we were on the verge of going out of business.

• Twenty quid for a top six premier league team and current FA Cup holders isn’t that extortionate is it?

• @Malone said:
    £20?!??

£28 in the FA, £26 in the Main Stand, £22 in the family stand.

• @floyd said:

@Malone said:
    £20?!??

Interesting that the FA is more than the Main Stand. Thought the latter was still regarded as being premium seats?

And £20 for a league 1 team in a friendly does strike me as on the high side in fairness.

• It’s almost 1/3 less than you’d pay for a premium seat to watch us play Accrington tho. I’m sure that’s their reasoning.

It’s £20 to stand behind the goal for a league game. That’s on the high side IMHO.

• Orient and Barnet were charging that in the conference.

• @micra said:
    I shall be otherwise engaged on 28 July but not tomorrow. What is the filming about, please?

In case anyone else is interested to know more about tomorrow’s filming, I managed to retrieve my Wanderers website password and discovered that, for about 90 minutes from 11am tomorrow (14 July), they will, inter alia, be filming (and no doubt interviewing) fans wearing replica shirts as part of a marketing video.
    At least that’s my understanding of it.

• @Malone said:

@floyd said:

@Malone said:
    £20?!??

Interesting that the FA is more than the Main Stand. Thought the latter was still regarded as being premium seats?

And £20 for a league 1 team in a friendly does strike me as on the high side in fairness.

Quite a few of the seats in the Main Stand are restricted view. The dugouts were in the way even before the new dugout seats were installed.

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:
    The argument we are going to get thrown back at the fans time and time again is that yes it used to be cheaper to go to these games and yes we were on the verge of going out of business.

It’s a fairly sound argument.

• Double the price to see a Champions League side at AP rather than a bunch of unknown trialists away at Chesham seems like a good deal to me.

• @NewburyWanderer said:

@Malone said:

@floyd said:

@Malone said:
    £20?!??

Quite a few of the seats in the Main Stand are restricted view. The dugouts were in the way even before the new dugout seats were installed.

Yes good point.
    One of the "covid restriction" games last season I was in there.
    And surprised at how poor a view it actually is versus memory.

• @Malone said:

@floyd said:

@Malone said:
    £20?!??

You're paying for the company in the main stand - you won't get the same quality of gallows humour in the Frank Adams.

• I cannot imagine the 'Main stand' members are any more critical / cynical than the boring old farts (me included) in the FA stand!

• Plenty of gallows humour in the Frank Adams Upper.
    However, glad to say that the level of moaning (at least around block P) had significantly reduced in the few years prior to lockdown.
    I remember how impressed I was, the first time I sat in the AP Main Stand (friendly vs Forest). Now, whenever I go in there, as well as the restricted view from some seats, it just seems really cramped.
    I guess that, in 1990, it seemed the height of luxury compared to the old Main Stand at Loakes Park, with its arse-splintering benches and myriad wooden pillars.

• If you've renewed for this season it's free...

• edited July 2021

Discount for ST holders / those who waived refunds seems like a fairer way of doing it. It feels like they're rewarding people who would happily have spent £20 on a friendly anyway. No non-competitive match should ever cost that much, no matter what the stature of the opposition.

• Got me ticket was pleased to see my old seat is not severely restricted view! @bluntphil had me worried last season.

• Just wait until Kyle Hudlin’s parents start sitting in the seats in front.

• @Chris said:
    Just wait until Kyle Hudlin’s parents start sitting in the seats in front.

Doh! :smile:
    I wonder if Josh Scowen's relatives will be back as well. They used to be ever present I recall.

• Smelling the burger van walking up hillbottom... I can't wait

• Quality of crisps is far superior in the main stand. Why do you think @Wendoverman and I keep renewing in there?

• @EwanHoosaami said:
    Quality of crisps is far superior in the main stand. Why do you think @Wendoverman and I keep renewing in there?

As I tend to bring my own high quality match experience, (don't tell Rob C) I cannot actually vouch for the standard of potato snacks on sale....you'll have to take @EwanHoosaami 's word for it.

• Your sandwiches may bankrupt us @Wendoverman

• I see the terrace is closed, so the "shouty boys" will be joining you in the Frank Adams Upper Tier.
    Get in some extra crisps and sweets to hand around, please.
    ?

• edited July 2021

@floyd said:
    Your sandwiches may bankrupt us @Wendoverman

Beechdean for me @Twizz not the FA.
    @floyd Sandwiches at football? Not me! I have me dinner at home before the game. A light snack and perhaps a soft drink of some kind. I would like to point out I usually have a couple of shandies (driving) and possibly a hot watery, powdery beverage claiming to be coffee before the game so I can still point out loudly that I am paying their wages.