Skip to content

Derby County FFP and the EFL

Comments

• The stand-out Italian player for me is Rolo Virisi

• Italy have an excellent team and England haven’t yet qualified for the final.

• @glasshalffull said:
    Italy have an excellent team and England haven’t yet qualified for the final.

Very true @glasshalffull but I for one, can and do believe!

• I had a bet on England to win the tournament before a ball had been kicked, but I respect Italy and if we do face them in the final they will give us a tough game. They are absolute masters at tournament football.

• @glasshalffull said:
    I had a bet on England to win the tournament before a ball had been kicked, but I respect Italy and if we do face them in the final they will give us a tough game. They are absolute masters at tournament football.

Though I largely agree...I was quite surprised how rattled they looked against the Spanish for long periods and unusually unable to hang on to a 1-0 lead. If we do get past the Danes, I reckon we have a good chance against Italy.

• @Wendoverman said:

@glasshalffull said:
    I had a bet on England to win the tournament before a ball had been kicked, but I respect Italy and if we do face them in the final they will give us a tough game. They are absolute masters at tournament football.

Though I largely agree...I was quite surprised how rattled they looked against the Spanish for long periods and unusually unable to hang on to a 1-0 lead. If we do get past the Danes, I reckon we have a good chance against Italy.

Spain are obsessed by possession though and masters of keeping the ball without necessarily doing anything with it , Italy despite having less of the ball were far more switched on , smarter, better at the dark arts and both in defence and attack. They were both fabulous squads full of talented players to he fair. Think someone said they didn't rate Imobille and Italy were nothing much upfront but Chiesa and Insigne are both quality and Belotti isn't bad. If they end up as eventual champs a lot would be down to the old boys at the back.

• Great to see Derby's new sponsor is a buy-now, pay-later provider. I think they're just trolling everyone now

• Does more than humm; positively stinks.

• @micra said:
    Does more than humm; positively stinks.

Yep. The only more fitting sponsor would be "cheating scumbags"

• They have some balls though to announce that

• @NiceCarrots said:
    The stand-out Italian player for me is Rolo Virisi

That guy from Grange Hill?

• @LX1 said:

@NiceCarrots said:
    The stand-out Italian player for me is Rolo Virisi

That guy from Grange Hill?

The bloke from LA Confidential no?

• Quite a long and complicated read but interesting article around what can happen if you are allowed to choose the way you do your amortization a la Derby, and also on why football clubs can be more than just toys for rich folks, why so many Prem clubs have US owners, why lots of global economics suck etc..

• Derby's wrists must be absolutely stinging!

• Not sure of the point of suspended point deductions...surely they either deserve them or they don't?

• I think clubs automatically get relegated for failing to pay players in some countries? Spain, maybe?

• What's with the different suspended points, seemingly for the same offence!?

• @Malone said:
    What's with the different suspended points, seemingly for the same offence!?

Number of months payments missed?

• We should have stolen the 'Derby County' sign on their stadium and replaced it with 'Bury' when the punishments were being debated. They would have been given a 36 point deduction and sent straight to the National League North.

• Derby fans must know they are sinking. It’s a slow painful decent into what?

• Swindon went into their first pre season game last night with six players, no management team, no club CEO and no physios. They're under a transfer embargo for unpaid wages, owe the EFL £800k and the taxman significantly more. Their ground has no safety certificate. Fans I know are expecting administration and a 12 point deduction as a best case scenario.

• Surprised they were allowed to play with no physio. Surely they wouldn't be able to play a league game in that state?

• More importantly, you cannot open the gates without a safety certificate.

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:
    Swindon went into their first pre season game last night with six players, no management team, no club CEO and no physios. They're under a transfer embargo for unpaid wages, owe the EFL £800k and the taxman significantly more. Their ground has no safety certificate. Fans I know are expecting administration and a 12 point deduction as a best case scenario.

If they’ve not got funds/guarantees to be sure of completing the season I’d be surprised if they’re allowed to even start it - same as Bury the other year.

• Excuse me @drcongo. Is 67,000 views a Gasroom record?

• @micra - there was a thread about the initial takeover attempt in 2018 which ran to a ridiculous length. Something like 60 pages of replies in the end. Not sure how many views though.

I just found it - Trust Meeting September 12th was the title.