Skip to content

Bayo and Bloomfield

Comments

• @Shev said:
    Agreed. His game is not predicated at all on speed to where losing a step matters, so if he is fit enough he is good enough, pretty much.

He has never had pace but he had mobility. Didn’t see much evidence of that last season. He is now a year older.Even with an increased budget, thanks to the Couhigs, we don’t have surplus monies to spend on speculative signings.

• In fairness I don't think anyone's said that Samuel, Kashket and Bayo will suffice or that we don't need to sign at least one more striker.

• Bayo was superb in his last appearance, looked like his old self. And he's not a year older than that, he's a few weeks older.

• edited July 2021

I reckon Bayo’s got at least two more years in him. Maybe three?

Never write off a legend. I’ve just finished watching a bloke who was ‘finished’ three years ago win his third stage in the 2021 Tour de France.

• Bayo has been finished a long time for some.

• Very difficult for anyone to know what to expect from Bayo if he stays next year or how much of last season was down to a specific injury or the march of time, Id like to see him stay on although 'm fairly certain we will get at least a couple of forward thinking players in, and we know what he can offer on a good day and around the club generally, financially it's an easy one too as he'll bring in more than he takes.

• @davecz said:

@Shev said:
    Agreed. His game is not predicated at all on speed to where losing a step matters, so if he is fit enough he is good enough, pretty much.

He has never had pace but he had mobility. Didn’t see much evidence of that last season. He is now a year older.Even with an increased budget, thanks to the Couhigs, we don’t have surplus monies to spend on speculative signings.

That's why I referenced fitness, as he was carrying that injury all season.

I can see both perspectives on this, but Bayo offers something so different that I think he is still very useful as a second option, injuries/fitness permitting.

• @arnos_grove said:
    I reckon Bayo’s got at least two more years in him. Maybe three?

Never write off a legend. I’ve just finished watching a bloke who was ‘finished’ three years ago win his third stage in the 2021 Tour de France stage.

Bayo is a youngster compared to 42 year old Danny Bulman!

• As you say @Shev there are two perspectives but the common thread is we all want our team to be competitive in the coming season and we are probably just two or three players off being a top six side. I am sure Gareth and Dobbo will not be satisfied with what we have right now.

• @drcongo said:
    Bayo was superb in his last appearance, looked like his old self. And he's not a year older than that, he's a few weeks older.

He was only on the pitch from the 79th minute!! Surely you want someone to be superb for longer than that.

• I want you to be superb for longer than that @davecz. Could be a long wait.

• @drcongo said:
    I want you to be superb for longer than that @davecz. Could be a long wait.

Didn’t take long for you to start trading insults when someone has a different opinion. Not unexpected as you seem to get wound up very easily. Chill.

• @davecz said:

@drcongo said:
    I want you to be superb for longer than that @davecz. Could be a long wait.

Didn’t take long for you to start trading insults when someone has a different opinion. Not unexpected as you seem to get wound up very easily. Chill.

@davecz just chill about people not chilling about your favourite opinion.

• The scenes when a hattrick of Nick Freeman assists turns into a hattrick of Bayo goals against Accrington.

• Well @Shev I hope they do and I will hopefully (god allowing), be in the ground to see it. No one is negative about he team succeeding but are just making their views known about a different perspective about holding onto the older players.

The whole point about the gasroom is discussion and god forbid when the time comes when we all have exactly the same opinion.

• @Blue_since_1990 said:
    Well @Shev I hope they do and I will hopefully (god allowing), be in the ground to see it. No one is negative about he team succeeding but are just making their views known about a different perspective about holding onto the older players.

The whole point about the gasroom is discussion and god forbid when the time comes when we all have exactly the same opinion.

Well said but posters please take care over disagreeing with @drcongo , he’s a bit sensitive.

• I think you're easily the most sensitive little soul on here @davecz, hissy fit every single time.

• ****> @drcongo said:

I think you're easily the most sensitive little soul on here @davecz, hissy fit every single time.

Another insult. Come on, try having a reasoned debate, it’s quite refreshing.

• I’m sure I read that Bayo has been offered a new contract and that it is him to decide whether he fancies it or not.

If that is the case it suggests that GA had a differing view of Bayo’s continuing abilities than many posters on here.

It’s just a pity that the Gasroom can’t pick the actual team

• @davecz said:
    ****> @drcongo said:

I think you're easily the most sensitive little soul on here @davecz, hissy fit every single time.

I was, but then you had a little tantrum as usual so now I'm just winding you up for fun.

• Bit unfair on Kashket. Assuming he still has pace, he is a worry for defenders as proved last season in the Championship. That's not saying he's going to tear up L1 but still a valuable resource.

• @EwanHoosaami Didn't really understand the Kashket situation towards the end of last season. Hardly featured at all after February/March, even from the bench. I seem to remember reading in one late season match preview that he was on the injured list, but wasn't aware of any more specific news. Made me wonder if there had been a falling out or some other non-footballing issue.

• He'd have done well to keep Muskwe out of the side

• @drcongo said:

@davecz said:
    ****> @drcongo said:

I was, but then you had a little tantrum as usual so now I'm just winding you up for fun.

How old are you? However happy to serve a purpose in your clearly dull life.

• This is all getting a little unseemly, methinks. Pretentious? Moi?

• @davecz said:

@drcongo said:

@davecz said:
    ****> @drcongo said:

Alright youngster...calm down.
    I thought it was basic gasroom knowledge everyone on the gasroom was either over 50 or had the sour demeanour of someone of that age.

• @davecz said:

@drcongo said:

@davecz said:
    ****> @drcongo said:

Have you got anything useful to say?

• He’s only got “get rid of Bayo” at the moment. He used to have “we need to sign a 90 goal a season striker” but I think there’s only room for one opinion in there so he’s had to swap it out.

• @drcongo said:
    He’s only got “get rid of Bayo” at the moment. He used to have “we need to sign a 90 goal a season striker” but I think there’s only room for one opinion in there so he’s had to swap

It’s better to have at least one opinion than none at all @drcongo

• @drcongo said:
    He’s only got “get rid of Bayo” at the moment. He used to have “we need to sign a 90 goal a season striker” but I think there’s only room for one opinion in there so he’s had to swap it out.

Come on.. really