Skip to content

Comments

• Everyone loves the signing of an old boy :)

• Fantastic news!

• Should give the midfield two some thrust and allow us to keep playing this system. Really good move.

• May I be the first to hopefully welcome back Josh’s dad to the Gasroom

• Great signing.

• Magnificent news!

• Brilliant news, buzzing about this!

• Brilliant news. One of my favourite players

• That is the best news. Just wonderful. Welcome home, Josh.

• Great news.

• When you need cheering and this happens, just perfect. Need to Mrs blue over her op yesterday and all will be well.

• Good news. Welcome back Josh

• Don't expect him to charge around like he did first time he was here but a good steady passer in midfield with a defensive eye and the odd screamer in him is very welcome. Seems like yet another really top bloke too. Wish him well.

• @yorkyblue said:
    When you need cheering and this happens, just perfect. Need to Mrs blue over her op yesterday and all will be well.

Best wishes to Mrs blue

• I loved Josh’s style of play from the first time I saw him play and he has since chalked up around 250 games in the Championship for Barnsley, QPR and Sunderland.
    Age 28, he’s at the peak of his career-great signing.

• Crikey, we’ve got some pretty immense midfield options. Cracking news.

• Brilliant news

• Wonderful news.

• Thompson/Gape + Scowen in a 2
    All 3 in a 3 / 2 + Mehmeti/Wheeler

We've certainly got options.

• Welcome back Josh, and we hope Josh's dad too.

• Wonderful scenes!

• Pardon my language... but that's fucking brilliant news !! Welcome back Josh

• Imagine Josh, Curtis and Dom in the middle, Wheels and Horgan wide, Memheti playing off Uche.

Some teams will just forfeit.

• I'm looking forward to seeing what new skills he brings - I'm envisioning a Michael Carrick-style deep-sitting midfielder, controlling the tempo of the game, sitting on the ball for a bit then picking a pinpoint-pass upfield.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it but with Stockdale in goal, who's as comfortable playing the ball short to the defence as he is punting it up to the frontline; ballplaying defenders like JJ, Grimmer and Tafazolli in a back three, and Scowen sitting ahead of them, I can see us becoming almost a polarised version of the 433 Bayoball side we used to be. Which is a very enticing prospect.

• Fantastic news, one of my favourite Wycombe midfielders from previous years

• Superb signing. Loved his style of play. Welcome home Josh

• Excellent signing. Superb attitude and ability to match. Another master stroke Gareth.

• Where does this leave Gape? Not done much since his injury. Can’t see a starting place for him now