Skip to content

Euros General Thread

Comments

• Wow, imagine if other nations judged us folk on our leader!!

• @Malone said:
    Wow, imagine if other nations judged us folk on our leader!!

Fair point, although Orban did kind of inextricably tie himself to the national team.

• There will be at least one Chairboy at Wembley next Tuesday. Hope you are in Mr Worboys!

• @Malone I think they do, you know.

• @LX1 said:
    There will be at least one Chairboy at Wembley next Tuesday. Hope you are in Mr Worboys!

Make that two... negative LFT permitting of course.

• Not a fan then @drcongo ?

• Had me worried @YorkExile - only knew that as Liver Function Test. Then the penny dropped.

• ??? No got me there.

• Lateral Flow Test for Covid.

Horrible feeling I omitted to thank you and Val @ValleyWanderer for your kind words earlier this week. They were much appreciated.

• @YorkExile superb mate. Wonderful times

• Cheers @micra and @LX1. No liver function test yet required, although that may change if Wycombe are victorious at Wembley once again next May.

• Quite liking the build up to the Welsh game, not something you can usually say about ITV, good luck to them.

• People complain about bias, but I don't see what the issue is as the BBC are the 'home' broadcaster.

• Half time can’t come quick enough for Wales.

• Unusual to see two goalkeepers from the same club playing for opposing teams in a knockout match

• edited June 2021

What are people's thoughts on Robbie Savage? I get why people find him irritating, but surely a bit of bias when he's covering his own country is fine - and almost impossible to avoid? I think he's been great at this tournament.

• Terrible goal to give away

• Isn’t that in ‘clear foul in the build-up,’ territory?

• @floyd said:
    Isn’t that in ‘clear foul in the build-up,’ territory?

I thought so

• No referee should need VAR to give that, not that it overruled it anyway.

• Wales looking like we did a couple of games last term...nothing coming off and just slightly too slow and second to every ball.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    What are people's thoughts on Robbie Savage? I get why people find him irritating, but surely a bit of bias when he's covering his own country is fine - and almost impossible to avoid? I think he's been great at this tournament.

Generally find him fine for premier league stuff. Enthusiastic and very humble about his own career, when he doesn't need to be, having captained a few premier league teams, made loads of international appearances and won a cup.

But the other day he was a little insufferable when they were winning. He's been fairly relaxed today, even before they were losing. Almost like he'd intentionally eased it down a notch. Or been told to.

• It's not like Harry Wilson to get lairy and petulant...

• This ref has had such a poor game.

• @floyd said:
    This ref has had such a poor game.

He hasn't been great, but that was definitely a red!

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    It's not like Harry Wilson to get lairy and petulant...

Not sure that was one of those times though. Never a red card

• How could that possibly be a red?

• He's literally kicked the guy...

• It's not the 1980s anymore. Wild lunges in with no attempt to play the ball should always be a red.

Ridiculous meltdown and lack of discipline from Wales there, Bale too.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    He's literally kicked the guy...

I disagree with your view and also your use of the word literally.

Apart from that I hope we are all good. Wales were totally outclassed by a team who kept more in the tank for the knockout games. Bit like England have.