Skip to content

Derby County FFP and the EFL

Comments

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Derby have until 18th August to submit revised accounts, so I'm not sure what exactly the point of the statement last night was?

Where please did you see this 18th August date stated, as it's not in the EFL statement?

• Much as I would enjoy staying in the Championship, a thrilling climb back up out of League One would also be quite nice.

• edited June 2021

@AlanCecil said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    Derby have until 18th August to submit revised accounts, so I'm not sure what exactly the point of the statement last night was?

Where please did you see this 18th August date stated, as it's not in the EFL statement?

In Derby's statement from earlier today, but the EFL haven't said anything since last night as far as I know.

• @Twizz said:
    I think the bold type is because that portion of the rant is between double *. You'll figure it out...

I fixed it for you. (you can use a backslash before each * to tell it that you literally want that character)

• @Wendoverman said:
    Much as I would enjoy staying in the Championship, a thrilling climb back up out of League One would also be quite nice.

Even nicer if we passed Derby and Peterborough coming the other way.

• Cheers @drcongo, I could have just written fecking. Seem that I use that word a lot when talking about the EFL and Derby!

• I bet Alan Swann awoke in a night sweat.

• @Shev said:
    I bet Alan Swann awoke in a night sweat.

Alan Swann has time to sleep?

• I reckon he's permanently drenched in sweat. A sticky, clammy man.

• @drcongo said:
    I reckon he's permanently drenched in sweat. A sticky, clammy man.

Its not sweat Dr......

• @Twizz said:
    Cheers @drcongo, I could have just written fecking. Seem that I use that word a lot when talking about the EFL and Derby!

I've been using it when talking about Derby for a long, long time! :smile:

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@Shev said:
    I bet Alan Swann awoke in a night sweat.

Alan Swann has time to sleep?

No, just needs some unconsecrated ground and a few beetles for company.

• RC does not sound massively hopeful in this Trust meeting. Said he thought it was a 50/50 chance up to the verdict, and is dumfounded at the slap on the wrist.

• edited June 2021

He is going to look to recover 10-12 million pounds if Derby get deducted points after the start of the season owing to a delayed process.

• Rob has just confirmed that he believed the day after the final game of the season that we had a 50% chance of being a Championship side this season.

• He mentioned not having Fred or Knight so perhaps that suggests that Knight won’t be coming back even if we are a Championship side this coming season.

• He talked about potentially challenging for loss of earnings (in excess of £10m) if we are a L1 side this season.

• EFL have not appealed yet, still deciding. Not even sure where the appeal would go. Hopefully LAP though.

• @Shev said:
    RC does not sound massively hopeful in this Trust meeting. Said he thought it was a 50/50 chance up to the verdict, and is dumfounded at the slap on the wrist.

I'd say he's outrageously hopeful, if he thinks we can claim for 10million!!

• Rob: it would take a truck load of money to see Uche leave AP this closed season.
    • no relegation clauses in contracts but not as straight forward as that.
  • edited June 2021

RC's best guess on 2022 tour is Halifax, Canada, then Boston and possible one other city. (I feel like @Gary and I are newsreaders - I'll shuffle my papers).

• Clearly RC is talking nonsense but for some reason I think he fully understands the naivety and general incompetence of the EFL and actually think that in the through the looking glass world they inhabit we may actually benefit with a degree of financial gain that we don’t deserve and in any sane environment would be laughed at for even asking for

• I’m warming to taking a huge wad of cash and gracefully retiring from the argument leaving the EFL and Derby to duke it out

• edited June 2021

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/57604421

RC says he would sue Derby, not the EFL. I was a little confused on that.

• Not a fan of RC saying that to the BBC, though. It feels as though this could get pushed into the vitriolic pretty quickly. I think it would be better to just act if we need to act.

• I don't think RC has spoken directly to the BBC. It's just some random picking up on comments RC's made (I presume in tonights trust meeting?) and then quoting them back.

• @Twizz said:
    I don't think RC has spoken directly to the BBC. It's just some random picking up on comments RC's made (I presume in tonights trust meeting?) and then quoting them back.

He mentioned the BBC interview in the Trust meeting.

• To be fair to Rob he hinted that they have been talking to leading counsel for at least 4 weeks and said the timing of his visit to the UK is no coincidence - read into both those facts what you will