Skip to content

Derby County FFP and the EFL

Comments

• @MorrisItal_ said:
    If Derby are confident in their accounts for those years why wouldn’t they accept the paltry fine and start the new season with a clean bill of health.
    I expect the appeal to be lodged this morning

The fixtures thing can only mean what Shev has stated. The EFL obviously expect new accounts to be submitted using the correct process and that these would put them in the wrong for FFP thereby kicking off new penalties. Otherwise why mention it at all.
    It's ludicrous just hinting at stuff though, if that's what they know is going to happen then just say so and have done with it. God only knows how long this process and any appeals will take. Can we really be expected to sign and sell players with no idea which division we'll be in.

• Time for big Rob C to get his lawyer hat on. Absolutely disgusting that we are being left in limbo like this. How can we plan to be in league 1 but possibly the championship!?? Fred going to Luton was more than likely only agreed to let him carry on playing in the championship

• As much as it's an annoying fudge we should probably admit it would be a massive bonus if it happens, and that we'd soldier on with the smallest budget in the league quite happily if it does happen. Little sympathy for Derby who knew what they were doing. Covid robbed us of some great away days last year, would be amazing to get another go at it.

• I think our response will be the key.
    If we remain quiet, I suspect weve been given the nod, and the EFL are going to deduct them points, when they resubmit the accounts, or by appealing the sanction.
    If we kick off, about not knowing what league were in, we know the EFL have bottled it, and just paying us lip service.

• I suspect that a twitch rather than a nod has already been given. If we were nailed on division 1 we may have made signings by now.

• That statement is typical of the whole shitshow surrounding this and the unfit-for-purpose governance if the league. How can we be expected to plan anything when it all remains up in the air. We've already lost Fred because of 'relegation' and might well lose Uche befire this is sorted. So which club is actually being punished in all this?

• So how would people feel if we started the legal process.

As a club we have to plan for League One but that alone punishes us if Derby do get relegated. It has to move on quickly now but getting three sets of revised accounts audited and submitted is not a quick job.

This problem was known about this time last year. Derby know they will get away with it so we are the only club punished.

• It surely cannot carry on for long like this. It's really hard to see how it can be settled with all appeals before the new season! No idea how this is going to carry on but if we end up in League 1 it will also make the start of the season more difficult.

• How can we plan for next season? Already lost one key player and could lose more if in League 1. EFL total joke. Hopefully the Couhigs have their legal team ready but no sure how Ainsworth can plan for next season.

• Looking forward to identifying the biggest fixture disparity when the interchangeable fixture lists come out

"Yeah, we've either got West Brom away or Morecambe at home"

• I wonder if the EFL will compensate for cancelled travel costs, such as advanced Trains,Hotels etc.?

• Having read a couple of these comments, I've now moved from having no optimism we can stay up to a decent amount.
    Hope you chaps are right!

• Boxing Day in the Championship: Luton or Forest?

• I am genuinely shocked. The interchangeable fixture list is a level of madness way beyond what I would even think the EFL was capable of. I can see no conceivable way that this can be sorted in time for us to be in the Championship next season and just assumed the first part of the tweet was a joke until I read the actual official statement.

Legally we should stay out of it until the inevitable happens and Derby get a slap on the wrist and no retrospective points deduction. Then we should die the arse off the EFL for leaving us in a position where a few weeks before the season we have no definitive idea what league we are playing in.

• If Derby were compliant with Profit and sustainability rules with a revised accounting methodology the EFL wouldn’t have bothered with an interchangeable fixture list.
    The accounts are there and I would be very surprised if they hadn’t been previously audited by a third party.
    @ChasHarps is right the reactions of both Derby and ourselves will tell you what’s going on

• Imagine if they leave it until 23:30 the night before the first fixture

The team coach will be at Keele services waiting to hear if they need to head north to Bolton or south to West Brom.

• Interesting situation. DCFC big club WWFC not so big. Watch this space!!

• Not sure, feels like the EFL really want to go after Derby to me

• First away game in the Championship is Peterborough ?

• Aaand the fixture list has already disappeared from the club website...

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    First away game in the Championship is Peterborough ?

Can you imagine those scenes if we turn up to there first home tie in the championship?

• Well this has livened things up. Sadly I spotted it just before bedtime so turned in quite late after surfing for reaction.

EFL love a vague and mysterious statement. They manage to be even less transparent than the Government’s PPE procurement process.

No idea where this goes…

• @TheDancingYak said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

Can you imagine those scenes if we turn up to there first home tie in the championship?

Or if were not reinstated, turn up at the championship fixtures, and the police have to segregate 3 sets of fans !!

• Obviously the fair and right thing to do is for the EFL to pay us as if we were in the championship, even if we end up starting in league one.

It’ll clear up one half of the messy budgeting for next season, questions.

• @ChasHarps said:

@TheDancingYak said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

Or if were not reinstated, turn up at the championship fixtures, and the police have to segregate 3 sets of fans !!

I’m pretty sure the EFL are now just trolling Peterborough at this point. Or someone there has a fantastic sense of humour.

• Two things come to mind firstly when Rob initially hinted at legal action and then backtracked after the club statement was issued trusting in the “process” and his interview recently when he talked about being ready whichever division we are in.
    All very speculative but isn’t that what we’re here for.

• bring on the Terriers.