Skip to content

Euros General Thread

Comments

• @Malone It's head-to-head record before goal difference, I'm afraid.

• I think Mr Aylott was a yard quicker than Kane in the last two games.
    It seems as if wants to keep as far away from the opposing centre halves as possible.
    At times against Scotland we had Sterling way out left, and Kane ambling about in the centre circle.
    I would drop the pair of them

• Dropping Sterling may cause a financial crisis

• Going to wembley tonight. Drinking in Wycombe. Forgot what a weird and wonderful town this is. Had more excitement in theblast two hours than the last 10 years

• Having read the gasroom I'm disappoimted that wwfc players and staff arent hanging around ready for a chinwag and/or a game of table tennis

• At the end of the day I’m English and I really like it when we win so let’s have a go at that GS

• I'm starting to lose my sh1t over the coverage of this heroic Scotland team and how great they are doing. THEY HAVE NOT SCORED A GOAL YET!!!!
    And as for fantastic fans clearing up litter. NO. FOUR FANS MADE TOKEN GESTURES OF CLEANING UP THE MESS THAT THOUSANDS LEFT BEHIND. CENTRAL LONDON WAS TRASHED
    Wales, is the home nations team that have performed way higher than expected and are the only ones that deserve praise at this stage.

• I don’t know about anyone else but much as I’d quite like England to win matches/tournaments I really find myself not really caring that much.

Knowing that we won’t get past the quarter finals (or earlier) I generally have a favourite around this time, usually who I’ve most enjoyed watching.

In this case I’ve been most impressed by Italy so far, so hoping (knowing full well England won’t) that they go on to win it.

• @LX1 said:
    Going to wembley tonight. Drinking in Wycombe. Forgot what a weird and wonderful town this is. Had more excitement in theblast two hours than the last 10 years

Which pub?

• I know what you mean @bookertease like PL footy, these days I find international football does not grab me the way it used to. Most PL games you pretty much know which team is going to win...and most tournaments we know England will labour through the group phase and then lose to someone decent. Having said that I would like them to do well...and there is usually one game during which the national side appear to know what they are doing for 90 minutes.

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:
    I'm starting to lose my sh1t over the coverage of this heroic Scotland team and how great they are doing. THEY HAVE NOT SCORED A GOAL YET!!!!
    And as for fantastic fans clearing up litter. NO. FOUR FANS MADE TOKEN GESTURES OF CLEANING UP THE MESS THAT THOUSANDS LEFT BEHIND. CENTRAL LONDON WAS TRASHED
    Wales, is the home nations team that have performed way higher than expected and are the only ones that deserve praise at this stage.

News loves a Novelty, let them enjoy their few days..

• I’m expecting a comfortable win tonight, followed by a few days of feverish expectation and then a defeat to Germany on Tuesday.

• People who don't care if England win or not are always really keen to tell you they don't care if England win or not aren't they?

Personally, I'd love England to do well, and I love international tournaments, always have done.

And I find this England squad and manager very likeable

• @floyd said:
    I’m expecting a comfortable win tonight, followed by a few days of feverish expectation and then a defeat to Germany on Tuesday.

I'm going 1-0 à la Slovenia 2010

• COME ON SCOTLAND!!!!!!!

• Nice work from Saka and Grealish. I’m prepared to eat my words.

• @drcongo said:
    Nice work from Saka and Grealish. I’m prepared to eat my words.

If it went in off a Swiss player would it be a Toblerone goal

• edited June 2021

A little bit more lively (it would have been almost impressive had we not been), but this is still rather uninspiring on the whole. Nothing for any of the big hitters to fear.

• Swiss? I think I’m losing it

• Group stages of a tournament concluding and manager does not know his best side. One of Europe’s top players not even close to the team.

• At least we only have to endure one more game of this... Well, if the FA do the right thing.

• Thought they might stop talking about Grealish after he’d been subbed.

• I’d forgotten how boring a win could be. It’s Peter Taylor promotion season boring this.

• This is attritional football. Considering the quality and flare we have it’s about as dull as football gets.

• I might watch the Gape video again to look at the construction materials in the background. That would be thrilling compared to this.

• This is very Peter Taylor.

• Bloody pipped me @drcongo !

• Nothing beats a player directing traffic in the attacking half as if he is going to do something....only to pass it back into his own half.

• The most exciting prospect after today is wondering if Scotland will present themselves a trophy to commemorate the 0-0 with England?