Skip to content

Owen Dale.

Comments

• Er actually @lordmelchester you have managed to upset one of our more respected members whom always finds a well thought out post. Don't be amazed if you upset more than just @micra with your responses.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    I'm not a fan of Artell after his 'Ooh, look at us, we play the right way' comments after the last time we played them (when we won 3-2 up there).

I also remember his frankly disgraceful behaviour on the touch line the last time Crewe visited Adams Park.

• @glasshalffull Was that the 3-2 midweek game? What did he do?

• edited June 2021

Take it easy @lordmelchester. The boy micra is well liked round these parts and is going through some tough times, so getting after him aggressively, when you seem to have your real life photo linked to your account doesn't scream wise move.

That said..@micra you donut, telling someone off for posting in a thread with info relating to the thread!! Dear oh lore my boy.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    @glasshalffull Was that the 3-2 midweek game? What did he do?

Can’t remember the score but I remember his constant Evans/Adams/war

• Something went wrong there….his constant Evans/Adams,Warnock-like berating of the fourth official and comments to the Wycombe bench.

• @Malone said:
    Take it easy @lordmelchester. The boy micra is well liked round these parts and is going through some tough times, so getting after him aggressively, when you seem to have your real life photo linked to your account doesn't scream wise move.

That said..@micra you donut, telling someone off for posting in a thread with info relating to the thread!! Dear oh lore my boy.

Nice one @Malone. But the only “telling off” I did was when @lordmelchester reacted as he did to the post in which I tried once again to explain to him how my mistake had come about. But of course he lacked the grace to acknowledge my explanation and, very sadly, decided to have another couple of pops. As you know, no-one on here has ever succeeded in provoking me in the way @lordmelchester has but I’d better not “go on” as he puts it!

Time to rest my case!

• @Malone - do not make personal threats with a bullying attitude.

This is an open forum and I will continue to post and contribute to this and other threads , as I wish.

• Why can’t we all just be friends?

• edited June 2021

@lordmelchester said:
    @Malone - do not make personal threats with a bullying attitude.

This is an open forum and I will continue to post and contribute to this and other threads , as I wish.

No threats dear chap, just a polite request to stop getting stuck into my pal @micra.

• @Malone

"Take it easy @lordmelchester. The boy micra is well liked round these parts and is going through some tough times, so getting after him aggressively, when you seem to have your real life photo linked to your account doesn't scream wise move."

Sorry, but I disagree. I suggest you read your post above again. In my opinion you are threatening me , and I do take that personally.

• edited June 2021

I think we move on here, and afford each other a little understanding that

You - didn't appreciate what Micra is going through when you got after him the other day

Me - that my post not to get stuck into him in the circumstances, when you're so easily identifiable, was more a sensible tip, rather than me saying i'll "bash you" or something :)

Let's ease down, and we move on, as per @chris.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    ?

We need some stats from you to move on, what you got? ;)

• @Malone said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    ?

Own Goals is currently winning the Golden Boot at the Euros ?‍♂️

• @Malone - OK , agreed.

• well played @lordmelchester, I can see how my mail could be misconstrued now!
    But we move on, and no hard feelings.

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@Malone said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    ?

I'm semi watching, and genuinely didn't even realise the first one was an own goal until they mentioned the second one!

Cursing moving Ronaldo out for Kane. Even in this game he's scored and got an assist.

• @Malone said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@Malone said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    ?

I'm semi watching, and genuinely didn't even realise the first one was an own goal until they mentioned the second one!

Cursing moving Ronaldo out for Kane. Even in this game he's scored and got an assist.

Fantasy? I gave up pretty much straight away when I saw how often you have to make subs and things.

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@Malone said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@Malone said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    ?

Fantasy? I gave up pretty much straight away when I saw how often you have to make subs and things.

It is an appalling format compared to the brilliant premier league one,

To summarise the farce, I've switched captain FOUR times in this game week.
    And all have blanked!
    Insigne, Lukaku, Kane and Mbappe.

• @Chris said:
    Why can’t we all just be friends?

Sounds like good advice to me.

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@Malone said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    ?

I knew Own Goals could make it to the top ever since that beauty for us against Southend.

• Do you mean Peterborough?

• @Shev said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@Malone said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    ?

I knew Own Goals could make it to the top ever since that beauty for us against Southend.

Own goal was surely destined for greatness after this moment of genius

• Looking for further glorious own goals led* me to Google for fastest own goals which ultimately led* me to our own Guinness World record ...

It's against Peterborough as well which is as good an excuse for posting the link as I need.

• Do I have the correct spelling here, @micra, or should it be lead?
  • @eric_plant said:
    Do you mean Peterborough?

Good shout! I had somehow forgotten about that spectacular effort! I was thinking of the one starting around 30 seconds below.

• Is not Peter Johnsons OG for Chesham against us in 1976, still not the fastest OG recorded ?
    It was 5 seconds after kick off in the B&B game at The Meadow.

• Crewe asking price reported today to be " £ 1 million " !!
    Don't think he'll be joining us now!

"The Sun on Sunday has this morning reported that the Blues are 'keen' on the 22-year-old, but that a £1m asking price has made him 'too expensive' for suitors.

Fellow League One clubs Wycombe and Portsmouth are also said to be interested in the right-sided player, who scored 12 times last season, with Preston, Blackburn and Sunderland having all previously been linked".

• @lordmelchester said:
    Crewe asking price reported today to be " £ 1 million " !!
    Don't think he'll be joining us now!

"The Sun on Sunday has this morning reported that the Blues are 'keen' on the 22-year-old, but that a £1m asking price has made him 'too expensive' for suitors.

Fellow League One clubs Wycombe and Portsmouth are also said to be interested in the right-sided player, who scored 12 times last season, with Preston, Blackburn and Sunderland having all previously been linked".

If Crewe are really demanding £1 million for Dale he'll surely go to one of those Championship suitors. No chance of us singing him really.

• @thedieharder - even though we could be in the Championship next season!!