Skip to content

Euro 'prediction' competition

@DevC I think one of these would be great please...If not I will do one

Comments

• England to lose in the quarters because they are not adventurous enough to build around Grealish.

• Initial over optimism followed by disappointment and a press conference.

• One of John Stones classic errors leads to elimination.

• Maguire returns for knockout stage, stage in knockout stage not yet known.

• Caller on R5 last night 'I know we won like but...' then explained how Southgate got it all disastrously wrong. Football fandom is a strange old thing isn't it?

• Love the ‘like’ @Wendoverman. Chap who helps me with the garden (well, does pretty well all of it) slips the word in to every sentence. At least once. Where did “I was like....” instead of “I said....” come from?

• Dreadful draw against Scotland (Southgate out. Grealish MUST be recalled from Leyton Orient!!) and a nail biting must win game against the Czechs...surely almost always the England way?

• 4 points would be enough to qualify wouldn’t it?

• @micra said:
    Love the ‘like’ @Wendoverman. Chap who helps me with the garden (well, does pretty well all of it) slips the word in to every sentence. At least once. Where did “I was like....” instead of “I said....” come from?

America.

• @floyd said:

@micra said:
    Love the ‘like’ @Wendoverman. Chap who helps me with the garden (well, does pretty well all of it) slips the word in to every sentence. At least once. Where did “I was like....” instead of “I said....” come from?

America.

I think in the North it has been around a while.

• Has it heck as like

• JJ would have scored that Pen.

• @Wendoverman said:
    JJ would have scored that pen

I’d have scored that pen

• Wales would be top of the group now if they'd had JJ banging them in from every corner.

• Thanks > @MorrisItal_ said:

@Wendoverman said:
    JJ would have scored that pen

I’d have scored that pen

Looks uncannily like my maternal grandmother but she’d be 139 now.. As the lovely Irish mrs micra would say “Aah, shoor, she’d never have lived that long”.

• That's the woman (Annie?) who used to appear to great hilarity every week on That's Life in the 1970s isn't it? (One for the youngsters there...)

• Indeed it is @Wendoverman. I remember now seeing her on the show (surely before you’d left the cradle) and always thinking that she was an extrovert version of “Nanny”, an original Essex Girl from what in her younger days was a small village. Witham. She never mentioned Colchester though.

• Born in the 1960s, learned all I needed to know from the BBC and ITV when telly was king. My recognition of the above, like Reginald Molehusband learning to parallel park, would be filed under 'head stuffed with useless crap' by Mrs W.

• Yes it is. Is it me or just a symptom of getting older but things or people that were or used to be common knowledge or quite famous now leave those around me scratching their heads. It’s as if I went to bed and woke up into a different world.

• Biggest upset of the tournament so far in Chesham and Amersham. Nobody predicted it so table remains the same.

• edited June 2021

Any other leader would be 20 points ahead losing their deposit.

• I don’t think the Scotland game is a foregone conclusion

• @LX1 said:
    Biggest upset of the tournament so far in Chesham and Amersham. Nobody predicted it so table remains the same.

Obviously HS2 had an impact, but many Tories are embarrassed by the incompetence and constant lying of Boris and Hopeless Hancock.

• France to win the competition and England to go out in quarter finals.

• Italy looked impressive

• @ChasHarps said:

@LX1 said:
    Biggest upset of the tournament so far in Chesham and Amersham. Nobody predicted it so table remains the same.

Obviously HS2 had an impact, but many Tories are embarrassed by the incompetence and constant lying of Boris and Hopeless Hancock.

I know Cummings is an oily right-winger taking his revenge...but every bit of startling incompetence he has revealed was hardly a surprise, was it?

• Cummings appears to have endless and more damaging documentation to highlight this farcical reign. With Gove no doubt priming himself in the wings, I wonder how much more embarrassment the 1922 committee will put up with, before doing what they do ????

• @Blue_since_1990 said:
    France to win the competition and England to go out in quarter finals.

Italy to win the competition and England to go out in the quarter finals. Although I wouldn’t be surprised if Scotland get something out of the game tonight I’m surrounded by too much complacent overconfidence at work which usually is a sign of forthcoming disaster a bit like flocks of birds flying away from a volcano.

• agree @Morris_Ital the usual hysterical build-up to an 'historic' derby followed by a tedious, dull game settled by a dubious set-piece?

• If I’ve followed everything correctly I think if we win the group we’ve got a tough round of 16 game against the runners up from Group F (France, Portugal or Germany) - but that is likely to be the biggest challenge (or Spain in the quarters) until the final when we would probably play the winners of Group F or Belgium.