Skip to content

Uche to Cardiff rumours

Comments

• Derby can absolutely get stuffed, though.

• DERBY? WTF are Derby being associated with purchasing ANY player?

• I am sure Derby will only offer 50K after doing some depreciation calculations.

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:
    At least if he goes to Millwall we'll get him back for free in 9 months time.

We'll have Matt Smith and 400k please

• @Shev said:
    I am sure Derby will only offer 50K after doing some depreciation calculations.

They must have a training ground to sell and then lease back that would easily cover the £500k!!

• £500k seems like a paltry amount for Uche if this happens. I really hope we can somehow hold on to him.

• Would utterly derail our plans if this happens. Uche is critical to our new style.

500k is pretty tidy though.
    Trying to think how many players we've ever sold for more?

Tyson. Williamson. Ibe. Phillips?
    Anyone else? Don't think Easter or Betsy were that close.
    And some of those only hit 500k after sell ons I think.

• edited June 2021

And we'd get back on the rails. Let's be honest, we were always going to do well to keep him in League One (I mean, hopefully we do, but Gaz and co. could do great things with that kind of money!).

• We should be getting a lot more than £500k, he’s worth well over a million in today’s market.

Hopefully this release clause stuff is nonsense.

• @Malone said:
    Would utterly derail our plans if this happens. Uche is critical to our new style.

500k is pretty tidy though.
    Trying to think how many players we've ever sold for more?

Tyson. Williamson. Ibe. Phillips?
    Anyone else? Don't think Easter or Betsy were that close.
    And some of those only hit 500k after sell ons I think.

Hause?

• I would imagine the release clause exists as I’m sure that as we can’t pay the ‘big bucks’ we have to sweeten the deal with whatever we have at our disposal.

No criticism if Uche does move on. He gave us all he could when fit and as others say; it’s a short career.

I think if he does go it will mean that we will have to change style next season as I’m not sure there’s a Bayo mk3 out there.

• edited June 2021

We'd certainly desperately need a new striker, and from having quite a few options we'd be very light all of a sudden if Uche follows Fred out.

A 39 year old Bayo, Kashket and Samuel all have their distinct strengths but none of them have enough to be our main striker next year.

• edited June 2021

I'd still be working hard to get Biamou in regardless - a good rotation option - then if Uche leaves we go from there. No player is irreplaceable - as Brentford will testify.

• 500k Is no sum at all in this day and age. I think a lot of us lose track of what good players can go for because we haven't often paid more than peanuts for anyone in recent years and mostly got free transfers. Apart from maybe Philips.... We are talking like 20 years ago when much.money past to or from Wycombe for players. Currie and devine were the last ones I remember paying anything "big" for. 20 years ago though!!!! Uche is worth having on to unless we get like 850k +
    We can build around him.

• £500k might not be ideal but as above its highly likely that the clause helped us get him in the first place.
    Kieffer Moore seems to be exactly the type of player a hard working lower Prem or top championship side would want so maybe that will create a vacancy or knock on to Uche being in demand.
    Good to remember he worked his way up from non league so hopefully we can pick up one or two prospects ourselves if this happens.

• All those clubs linked to Uche suggests he's got a very talkative agent (to selected journalists at least). Sounds like there's at least one person keen for Uche to move and pick up a tasty cut of a new contract.

• Unfortunately I can see Uche going, annoyingly I think in todays market he's worth more than 500k, and should be our first ever 1 million pound player

• Was he released by Hearts ? Did we pick him up for free or is there a sell on percentage to think about don’t think It was clear last summer.

• @OX66 said:
    Was he released by Hearts ? Did we pick him up for free or is there a sell on percentage to think about don’t think It was clear last summer.

He wasn't released, but I think we paid a very minimal fee - quite possibly a relegation release clause.

• edited June 2021

People talking about what they think he's "worth", it's irrelevant if he does have this clause!

And while no one is panicking in mid June, we're currently looking at

Loanees going back - seemingly no chance of getting any of them back
    Gareth has already said it's difficult getting players to Wycombe
    Fred gone
    Uche going

That would certainly need one of the gasroom's exceptional optimists to put a positive spin on!

• @Malone said:
    People talking about what they think he's "worth", it's irrelevant if he does have this clause!

Someone sent me a screenshot of some numpty on the Facebook group who thought that a release clause was just a preliminary fee to break a player's contract before negotiating a transfer fee ?‍♂️

• edited June 2021

@Malone Still a significantly stronger team than the one that went up (not just because of additions but also because players who were already here have hit new heights). And it should be easier to get players to come to Wycombe than it was, even if we're not necessarily their number one destination!

• So I assume Hearts will get a percentage of any fee we get?

• @mooneyman said:
    So I assume Hearts will get a percentage of any fee we get?

Almost certainly

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    @Malone Still a significantly stronger team than the one that went up (not just because of additions but also because players who were already here have hit new heights). And it should be easier to get players to come to Wycombe than it was, even if we're not necessarily their number one destination!

It's an interesting comparison. I don't think you can claim it to be significantly stronger any more to be honest.

We've gained McCarthy and Tafazolli (but Charles was phenomenal in the promo season). Thompson improved (but does his game suit us being big underdogs?) and Mehmeti emerged (but still won't be a definite starter by any means)

But we'll have lost Fred and possibly now Uche. Uche covered for the loss of our talisman Bayo, who is 2 years on, and now surely has no chance of being a regular.
    JJ 2 years older , Gape has possibly regressed, though we'll see if it was the injuries and higher tier.

Hopefully as per usual, Gareth gets his signings mostly absolutely bang on.

• Whatever fee we get for anyone is going to result in negativity of some kind. Too low and we get accused of rolling over, too high and expectations will become unreasonably inflated - another good reason for them to remain undisclosed imo!

• @Malone said:
    Hopefully as per usual, Gareth gets his signings mostly absolutely bang on.

He will

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@Malone said:

Someone sent me a screenshot of some numpty on the Facebook group who thought that a release clause was just a preliminary fee to break a player's contract before negotiating a transfer fee ?‍♂️

Probably the same sort who was asking if we get a sell on fee for a player who'd moved another 2-3 times in between!

• edited June 2021

We might be ok if it's a 'good faith' release clause...

• I cannot be worrying who will and will not be here for kickoff. I am saving.myself for worrying who we will or will not definitely.lose in January.