Skip to content

Wycombe Wanderers mystery thread.

General purpose thread for Wycombe Wanderers related mysteries. To kick it off, remember when we reportedly signed a Finnish teenager who had been a bit of an internet sensation for scoring a penalty while doing a backflip and then we never heard anything about it again?

What was that all about?

Comments

• Found the clip:

• What happens physiologically if you eat an apple before playing football?

• @Chris said:
    What happens physiologically if you eat an apple before playing football?

I'll field this one.
    You end up needing to rush to a bush to unleash asap.

Also from the same "coach"
    "I've done my budget"
    "I won't buy a shed"

• How many were actually in the ground for that 1st round replay against Boston?

You could barely move, so packed was it. And people missed loads of the first half queuing to get in.

Official attendance? 4,954 ?

• "How do you turn this undersoil heating thingie on?"

• Did Ivor Beeks genuinely believe that Pete Lansley pinched a players’ shirt or was his Vere Suite outburst part of something bigger?

• If Borat were to pose as a Kazakh football agent wanting to unload a mercurial young talent from his village into League 1, which of the Couhigs would be most likely to be ‘taken in’?

• Remember when Sanchez signed Casledine....

• Why did the little digital scoreboard that was above the away stand hardly ever work and then just removed with seemingly no attempt to fix or upgrade.....

• What happened to Mark Palmer?

• Monkman's sheepish "let us know your ideas" erm..idea.

• That’s him @thedieharder, thanks. Does anyone know if we did actually sign him?

• Did Gavin Grant have:

• a bad cold
    • man flu?
    • actual flu?
    • a really dodgy alibi?
  • Why did we need a Ball Boy Mangeress?

• What happened to all the money that was "trousered"!

• Did Alan Smith really change training location so he could play tennis at Bisham Abbey?

• Alan Smith declaring that fans didn't take to him as he was a "flash" bloke from London.
    Then doing the most dishevelled, fresh from a bender end of season video review ever.

• Why can't the tea bars anticipate a half time surge in demand?

• Whatever happened to Mark Palmer?

He got an ice pick
    That made his ears burn

• Who recommend Carlos Lopez?

• Didn’t Steve Hayes buy up a ton of land around Booker? Did he manage to get rid of it, following the rightful collapse of the Wasp-o-drome project?

• Ah Booker. Some fans still genuinely believe we missed out there, yet can't explain how we'd have made money aside from magicing another 15000 regulars.

• Why did the lights keep failing in cold weather. Did the electricity freeze in the wires?

• Where did Richie go?

• "Has anyone ever seen Paul Lambert smile?" Probably belongs here too

• How many people watched Borussia Dortmund train?

• @StrongestTeam said:
    "Has anyone ever seen Paul Lambert smile?" Probably belongs here too

Did anyone ever understand a word he said?

• Imagine a night out down the pub with Paul Lambert and Derek Adams? So much fun and laughter.

And I say that as a Scotsman.

• Lambert was interviewed on Football Focus I think, about his fight with Covid and football in general, and when it went back to the studio Stephen Warnock said 'Nice to see he has a sense of humour, I never saw it when I played for him...'