Skip to content

Summer transfer thread

Comments

• Do I dare dream of Jamal Blackman coming in or is there no chance on that one...? As much as I love Stocko and everything he’s been for us so far, JB would be a far greater building block for us.

I’m totally content with DS being our #1 for next year at least but would be disappointed if we haven’t at least given him a ring...

• edited June 2021

@micra said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    He had a goals record of about 1 in 2 this season for an average side in terms of creativity.

I take it you’re referring to Stephen Humphrys @ReturnToSenda. I couldn’t find his goal stats but did note that he is still under contract at Rochdale.

George Moncur is triple tainted, having played for Colchester, Peterborough and Luton but 10 goals from midfield for the latter (Hatters) are not to be sneezed at.

I am! He's not going to want to stick around in League Two, far better than that.

Moncur is an interesting one, has never quite made it stick in the Championship but would be a top player in League One - not the kind of midfielder we need, though.

• @rg9wwfc said:
    Do I dare dream of Jamal Blackman coming in or is there no chance on that one...? As much as I love Stocko and everything he’s been for us so far, JB would be a far greater building block for us.

I’m totally content with DS being our #1 for next year at least but would be disappointed if we haven’t at least given him a ring...

Just can't see Jamal accepting being a number two GK for us?

• @Vincey said:
    We have had a low bid turned down by Crewe for 22 year old striker Owen Dale

Zero chance if he's too expensive for the mighty black cats!

https://www.footballfancast.com/sunderland-afc-news/sunderland-owen-dale-johnson-ipswich

• edited June 2021

@EwanHoosaami said:

@rg9wwfc said:
    Do I dare dream of Jamal Blackman coming in or is there no chance on that one...? As much as I love Stocko and everything he’s been for us so far, JB would be a far greater building block for us.

Just can't see Jamal accepting being a number two GK for us?

Presumably Anderson will be the number 2 and we'll bring in another U21 'keeper. Blackman will want to be number 1 somewhere and he could be at an upper League One side, if not lower Championship.

• Surprised to see Blackman is 28 this year. Where have the years gone?

• @Chris said:
    Surprised to see Blackman is 28 this year. Where have the years gone?

Not sure if wiki is correct, but it has his total career appearances total as 138, with 52 of those being for us.

That's a criminal waste of talent, but I dare say the Abrahmovic rouble makes it easier to bear.

• That's right - more games for us than any other club

• I've got a feeling there's transfer news incoming today, based on nothing more than it seems like a day for it.

• @Malone said:

@Chris said:
    Surprised to see Blackman is 28 this year. Where have the years gone?

Not sure if wiki is correct, but it has his total career appearances total as 138, with 52 of those being for us.

That's a criminal waste of talent, but I dare say the Abrahmovic rouble makes it easier to bear.

He did break his leg and missed a year one or two teams after his time with us, didn't he?

• Yeah, with Leeds. He really looked like he was going places at that point.

• Transfer window been open since 8am and nothing.

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:
    Transfer window been open since 8am and nothing.

Shows a complete lack of ambition from the club. We'll be back in the Isthmian League by Christmas.

• ah well, they would have been NBTWAG anyway in fairness

• What does that mean again?

• No better than we've already got.

• Thank you.

• edited June 2021

Someone should compile a Wycombese dictionary/glossary

• Almost time for some GYCOC i'd have thought.

• ISWYDT

• @drcongo said:
    Thank you.

BWK

• ROFL Harris

• Thought of a couple more...

SIOA
    WGNPB

• @Ed_ said:
    ISWYDT

One of your bimonthly visits @Ed_ .
    TTFN

• CHPARB

• The word/acronym that always puzzled me on here (mostly the old Gasroom) was TACRITE. What was that?

• they all come round in the end.