Skip to content

Comments

• Looks a promising signing. I am really excited at the expansion of our development squad!

• A local lad too (well, Marlow) by the look of it.

• Agreed @Shev, the development squad is the way forward and Pendlebury looks a great young prospect. Hope we have these contracts nailed down.
    I appreciate Pete Couhig is a financial genius and Howard has run his own business but some of these contracts are pretty complex in our days what with buy out clauses etc etc. Maybe we need to add a football contracts expert to our payroll. When you think of the money that can be made from sell on and add on clauses as well then this is an area that needs to be managed carefully.

• Isn't Andrew Howard's job Sporting Director or something like that? i'd expect contract negotiations and nuances to be his responsibility.

• Rob said in his interview that he was looking to double the size of the B team. I'm already excited. Pendlebury seemed promising according to lots of Reading fans so I think we've made a good signing.

• edited June 2021

@MindlessDrugHoover said:
    A local lad too (well, Marlow) by the look of it.

Olly Pendlebury is a very Marlow bistro name.

• Will Oliver player with a jumper draped across his shoulders and studded loafers !!

• Reading fans with good things to say about him and surprised he hasn't gone to a championship club, that all sounds very promising

• Good to remember how Anis was a b teamer, I guess. Plus Gaz has shown he can make most players improve.

• @drcongo said:

@MindlessDrugHoover said:
    A local lad too (well, Marlow) by the look of it.

Olly Pendlebury is a very Marlow bistro name.

Perhaps due to our links with "Tom Kerridge"pies? Hope we signed him in Marlow Costa.
    Is the Turnpike fuel station kicked into touch now that we had a brief encounter with The Championship & we've moved more upmarket?