Skip to content

Uche to Cardiff rumours

Comments

• Underestimating

• edited June 2021

@Blue_since_1990 - I agree. I am optimistic at what is possible, but I would still guess 9th/10th if I had to make a prediction.

• Uche is unique to us. A big target man with a gentle touch and superb finish from all areas. But when we signed him 12 months ago I must admit I was scratching my head wondering why we had a scottish football cast off. And THAT is why I do not do the same job as GA and Dobbo.
    So whilst I would be gutted to see him go I would be excited to see who that pair of legends turn up with next. And I think I will accept the more I scratch my head the better they will undoubtedly be.

• @fame_46 said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    If Moore moves on this summer then Uche would walk straight into the Cardiff team, so that'll be worth keeping an eye on.

Are you @chairboyscentral reincarnated?

I was thinking the same thing

• 500k???!!!! That's fine! That's 2 Sean devines ?
    Oh wait no..... The value of money today etc etc etc ?????

• worry not. It's 10 Freds!!

• @HolmerBlue said:

@fame_46 said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    If Moore moves on this summer then Uche would walk straight into the Cardiff team, so that'll be worth keeping an eye on.

He is a non-Buddhist re-incarnation. He said so in response to one of my posts about a month ago. He makes no secret of it. Several of us welcomed him back as someone whose posts are always interesting and insightful. Modest too. When I asked him if he’d applied for the recruitment analyst post, he replied to the effect that, despite his love of stats, he didn’t consider himself qualified for the post.

• If that’s the release clause, then it is what it is.

Others have rightly pointed out that GA has a pretty good record for castoffs and bargains, but also equally fair to state that it’d be pretty shit to lose the forward that we were trying to build our team around.

It hasn’t happened yet, of course.

• @micra said:

@HolmerBlue said:

@fame_46 said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

He is a non-Buddhist re-incarnation. He said so in response to one of my posts about a month ago. He makes no secret of it. Several of us welcomed him back as someone whose posts are always interesting and insightful. Modest too. When I asked him if he’d applied for the recruitment analyst post, he replied to the effect that, despite his love of stats, he didn’t consider himself qualified for the post.

It is me - there's no getting past micra!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • If Uche does go to Cardiff I will remind myself that a footballer's career is very short and they have to think of their best interests. I will wish him all the best and hope he does well in the future.

And then I will kill myself.

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@micra said:

@HolmerBlue said:

@fame_46 said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

It is me - there's no getting past micra!

He's the Norman Hunter of the Gasroom!

• @Kim_il_Swan My favourite post for a long time.

I would be really disappointed to see him go and if that were the price. He put some really good centre-backs to the sword last season. If he was being sold into the Championship without a release clause, surely he would be worth more than that.

But more than that, he genuinely seems to fit the Wanderers' ethos and looks like he could really develop with us - his awareness and ability to bring others into the game improved noticeably during the course of last season. As suggested by the club's tweet yesterday, I am really looking forward to seeing him in the flesh.

• Re that last sentence @our_frank, was the tweet couched in terms that were genuinely re-assuring?

• Thanks for that, love child. Trust Cambridge haven’t made a bid we can’t refuse!!

• That video is almost unwatchable isn't it. I gave up half way through.

• I hadn't watched it actually, but I think he may have slightly overdone the effects...

• @drcongo said:
    That video is almost unwatchable isn't it. I gave up half way through.

It's My Lovely Horse all over again.

• is that what passes as a come-and-get-me plea in the social media age? Is he a want-away striker yet?

• Maybe he's hoping to trouser a good wedge.

• @our_frank said:
    is that what passes as a come-and-get-me plea in the social media age? Is he a want-away striker yet?

One can only hope we have issued a hands-off warning

• @drcongo said:

I thought "that must be an exaggeration. How hard can it be to watch a minute of edited highlights?".
    Turns out it's quite a challenge! Did @LX1 have a hand it putting it together?

• I think maybe the club should have listened a bit more carefully to the lyrics of the "song" he chose to accompany before tweeting it out on their official account as well

They might want to delete their tweet

• Was I just experimented on, watching that? I am suddenly craving a Mars Bar...

• @drcongo said:

Just watched it. Conclusion: i am old.

• Derby and Middlesborough added to the list of clubs looking at Uche. Bidding war?

• With a release clause of 500k I can't see how a bidding war would work for us, for the player - yes, for the player's agent - yes. For us 500k = 500k

• I will be surprised if he's still a Wycombe player come August at this rate. But can someone please get a deal done ASAP if it really must happen...

• At least if he goes to Millwall we'll get him back for free in 9 months time.