Skip to content

The definitive ex-player news thread

Comments

• SIGN HIM UP

• Can he play left wingback?

• Bracknell have beaten us to his signature. Very disappointing we couldn't get him this time

• @RomanHats said:
    Bracknell have beaten us to his signature. Very disappointing we couldn't get him this time

As I discovered long ago @RomanHats, not everyone on here is blessed with a sense of irony.

• Unfortunate for Eberechi.

Eberechi Eze was set to be part of England’s provisional squad for Euro 2020 before he suffered the injury that has ruled him out for at least six months. Eze found a message from the FA telling him the news immediately after getting injured.

(The Athletic)

• That is so sad @BSE.

• But at the same time good motivation to put in the hard work needed to get back to full fitness and form again

• edited May 2021

Palace have had another youngster pick up a similar-sounding Achilles injury. Absolutely rotten luck.

• Really sad, but superb motivation to get back and realise that international goal.

• Marty Lawrence co-commentating for ESPN on the play off final.

• Nathan Tysons scores the winner for Chesterfield v Halifax to take his team into the NL play-offs.

• I hope Chesterfield do come back up. Always a welcoming away day.

• Personally I'd love to see Torquay come back up for many reasons but if not, then definitely Chesterfield. Great club.

• Torquay for me too

• Russell Martin looking and sounding good in the studio.

• Jamal Blackman FINALLY released by Chelsea

• Made more appearances for us than any other club actually

• Chesterfield lose 3-2 to Notts County. Nathan Tyson misses a one-on-one with the Notts County keeper at 2-2, followed by a last minute Magpies winner.

On that note, with Hartlepool beating Bromley today there will definitely be a former league club rejoining the ranks through the playoffs, with Hartlepool moving on to Stockport and Torquay hosting Notts County.

• Would be great to see Torquay back in the league.

• Absolutely - Torquay for me all the way, for the memories of that day and the way the club and fans treated us on such a sad day for them. Great away trip too should we maybe get a cup tie down there.

• Am I right in thinking that former player Danny Rowe scored for Centerfield or is he a different player?

• Different Danny Rowe, ours plays for Whitby Town.

• Thanks. Just read the match report and the clue was in the line-up. ?

• edited June 2021

Turns out Ofoborh wasn't risked from March onwards to stop him aggravating an injury before going to Rangers https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/nnamdi-ofoborh-reveals-rangers-precautions-24256579

• Hopefully Rangers compensated us by paying part of his wages for agreeing not to play him.

• Sounds like it was an internal decision between Nnamdi and Gaz in fairness

• Quite possible we weren't paying anything for him tbh, no idea why they couldn't admit this at the time rather than have people speculate on his fitness or attitude. Very decent of our club as you come to expect.

• I have mixed feelings about this. Love the guy. BUT he says we was injured when he joined us on loan. Bit of a fail by whoever signed off on him joining us. I would hate to think that Bournemouth allowed us to take on a liability knowing he was going anyway

• Must admit I thought that as well