Skip to content

Three international call up

Congratulations to Daryl Horgan (Ireland) Andre Burley (St Kitts and Nevis) and especially Anis Mehmeti, called up to Albanian U21s for the first time.

Comments

• Keep it up and Anis will be in the senior squad by the end of the year. Love it.

• Having watched an Albania game recently, I'm amazed he's not captain of the seniors already.

• @drcongo said:
    Having watched an Albania game recently, I'm amazed he's not captain of the seniors already.

They have got quite a few decent players in fairness, including some Champions League experience, but he can't be far off with the way he's going.

• Admittedly England made them look a better side than they were

• Is Burley likely to count in our squad next year?

Just wondering there's going to be the league 1 messiness of games being called off due to 3 internationals.
    Horgan seems a shoe in despite a very underwhelming season.

• edited May 2021

@Malone said:
    Is Burley likely to count in our squad next year?

Just wondering there's going to be the league 1 messiness of games being called off due to 3 internationals.
    Horgan seems a shoe in despite a very underwhelming season.

He's over 21, so he will do unless we loan him out - which I guess is probably a pretty strong possibility.

Eben without him, though, Uche should finally get that first Uganda cap next time they play, so we might be in a position to request postponement. Massive club.

• Has there been any confirmation that Burley’s contract has been extended?

• @Vincey said:
    Has there been any confirmation that Burley’s contract has been extended?

Not yet, but he's one Gaz seems to rate.

• Come on @micra - have a word with your mate about his shoes...

• Years ago @LeedsBlue soon after I joined the original Gasroom, there was someone with a girly username who used to tell me to keep up. She (?) also got involved in a very shot-lived discussion about the correct spelling of shoo-in. There were also a few puns flying around.

• Shoot-lived, not shot-lived.

• I’m surprised there was any debate...

What happened to “girly username”? Did you shoot him/her?

• You sound like “Just William” @micra, imagine a “girly” username “yuk!”

• A strange choice of adjective @MorrisItal_ to describe a username but, at 12.15 am my powers of description are not at their best. I was hoping one of the longer serving Gasroomers might remember the person who had a girl’s name incorporated in their username. Come on, memory man @ChasHarps.

• Not Petulengro @micra ?

• Not that one, no. This might develop into one of those long-winded quizzes.
    @petulengro doesn’t work at all.

• Congratulations to @oilysailor for mentioning his ZAmbian FA story for the 3rd time this week

• Andorra U21 v Albania U21 might be on here (5pm kick-off): https://sport.rtsh.al/

• The Sugar Boys have Andre down as a Defensive Midfielder

• @wwfcblue said:
    The Sugar Boys have Andre down as a Defensive Midfielder

That's what Gareth sees him as moving forward

• I sampled the YouTube coverage for five minutes. Have seen more controlled football on the Rye.

• First goal to Albania forward who was born and lived in Slough until last year!

• Two League One players in this side - the other one is Armando Dobra (Ipswich) - and the goal-scorer is at Chelsea.

• Interesting seeing Anis in such a deep role - the game has largely passed him by so far.

• edited June 2021

Anis with a penalty to make it 2-0

• That was good timing, I turned it on about 2 minutes before the penalty

• Things I never would have guessed would end up on my to-do list: Become an Albania fan.