Skip to content

2021/22 League One line-up

Should be fun. Some massive clubs in there, and Sunderland.

Comments

• There's not a mileage from Adams Park visual knocking about yet is there?
    OWWSA used to do one.

• @Malone said:
    There's not a mileage from Adams Park visual knocking about yet is there?
    OWWSA used to do one.

Not that I've seen, but this map gives a rough idea! Quite a nice spread of clubs I think.

• That looks a lot better on the map than it originally seemed when I'd counted the non northern ones.

Must be very difficult being a Plymouth fan!

• Definitely got caught out a bit by how relatively far north Shrewsbury is

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Definitely got caught out a bit by how relatively far north Shrewsbury is

Did Shrewsbury in the year after Torquay play off final season.
    Outside of town middle of nowhere job.

A heck of a lot of mileage next year when you have 11 clubs more northern (we'll count Burton as similar) than Shrewsbury, and Plymouth another outlier too.

• I need to do Sunderland next season having been unable to so far. Bolton and Sheffield Wednesday would be decent too. Wigan have good pies apparently...

• Yep, all of those are appealing trips.

Although I must admit when Sunderland comes closer it always seems harder to get the motivation to get up there!

• I'm really hoping the EFL looks into giving free tickets to healthcare workers this season. Oxford and Sunderland need more people on the scene who can respond to eleven grown men all choking at once.

• 2 hour trip Shrewsbury, drove past it when taking my lad to look at a Uni in North Wales

• Already bottom the league, Gareth has to go!

• @Shev said:
    I'm really hoping the EFL looks into giving free tickets to healthcare workers this season. Oxford and Sunderland need more people on the scene who can respond to eleven grown men all choking at once.

I thought it was good news on the jobs front but when someone mentioned a huge bottling operation in the north east they were referring to the stadium of light.

• I think it’s safe to say the league we join is tougher than the league we left.

• It is - but we're a much better side than when we left!

• I think someone was commenting on Facebook that the "Massive" Sunderland won't be happy to have to go to the likes of Fleetwood and Morecambe but it appears that they are the closest teams to them. Must be difficult being a Plymouth or Sunderland fan ...and then there's the distance.

• I forgot about Plymouth, they’re always good for a laugh.

• Things aren't looking good for Sheffield Wednesday - players apparently getting ready to give notice of termination of their contracts over unpaid wages.

• Cuddly Derek Adams wont be leading Morecambe into L1 next season. Set to take over at Bradford. Imagine he weighed up the choice between facing Ainsworth and Ellison again and decided the latter was likely to be less humiliating. https://www.morecambefc.com/news/2021/june/club-statement/

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@Malone said:
    OWWSA used to do one.

Not that I've seen, but this map gives a rough idea! Quite a nice spread of clubs I think.

THat is a good spread isn't it? Teams from every region except Wales.

• edited June 2021

@LX1 said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@Malone said:
    OWWSA used to do one.

THat is a good spread isn't it? Teams from every region except Wales.

And the Midlands I guess, although Burton probably falls into that category?

• Burton and Shrewsbury West mids, Lincoln East mids

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:
    Cuddly Derek Adams wont be leading Morecambe into L1 next season. Set to take over at Bradford. Imagine he weighed up the choice between facing Ainsworth and Ellison again and decided the latter was likely to be less humiliating. https://www.morecambefc.com/news/2021/june/club-statement/

Nobody in fear of losing GA & Dobbo to Morecambe yet then?

• @EwanHoosaami said:

@MindlessDrugHoover said:
    Cuddly Derek Adams wont be leading Morecambe into L1 next season. Set to take over at Bradford. Imagine he weighed up the choice between facing Ainsworth and Ellison again and decided the latter was likely to be less humiliating. https://www.morecambefc.com/news/2021/june/club-statement/

Nobody in fear of losing GA & Dobbo to Morecambe yet then?

?

• Next season for Morecambe in L1 is much like us in the Champo - higher than they ever dared dream, huge favourites for relegation but will take a good crack at it.

Main difference? Our playoff-winning penalty was as nailed on as you could hope for.

• edited June 2021

It's going to be incredibly tough for them - especially if Adams got a to Bradford and raids them, as he tends to like working with players he's previously worked with - in what is looking like a seriously strong division. I've 'narrowed down' top six candidates to 11/12 teams (obviously we're gonna win the league), but I don't feel confident about tipping any side other than Morecambe for the drop right now (obviously quite a lot could change over the next couple of months).

• I met someone born in England during the 80s the other day who didn't practice the World in Motion Rap as a kid. Anything can happen.