Skip to content

Season Tickets

Has anyone heard how season ticket sales are going.

Comments

• Hi @Alf . Haven't heard anything since a 1,300 number was mentioned a couple of weeks back. The media team have, apparently, been part of an office tidy up and move around so I guess they've not heard anything from the ticket sales part of the club. Maybe their desks are further apart now.

Maybe we'll hear more soon but I'm not sure the club has ever given final season ticket numbers or even many pre season updates before.

• Sales were at over 2,000 on 13th May, haven't seen anything since then.

• @Right_in_the_Middle They do when it's a number they're proud of...

• @Right_in_the_Middle Fine example of Poe's Law right there.

• LX1LX1
    edited June 2021

Reminds me of when DAle said 'Beckham should play for his 100th cap, because 100 is a significant number'

• @OakwoodExile said:
    @Right_in_the_Middle Fine example of Poe's Law right there.

Teletubbies?

• The absence of an ‘early bird’ offer coupled with the fact that people are still a bit apprehensive about the possibility of a third wave of COVID, as no doubt had an impact.

• From “Positive Rob”: Around 2000 sold. Club not specifically pushing sales currently, pending possible restrictions in stadia. When given “all clear”, will promote strongly and expect record sales.

• Is @LeedsBlue Andrew Howard?

• @aloysius said:
    Is @LeedsBlue Andrew Howard?

Not sure someone deeply involved in the club would be on here giving the chairman a mock nickname.

• Not even anonymously @Malone ?

• @micra said:
    Not even anonymously @Malone ?

You'd hope not!

• Normally the soul of discretion (unless provoked) but @LeedsBlue has been generous towards me on here in the past so I really don’t know.

• @Malone it was a kind nickname... I like his positivity, it’s infectious, even if sometimes a bit OTT.

By the way, I’ve never given @micra a ‘thumbs down’ - even after a dodgy weather forecast!

• I've also never given @micra a thumbs down and find the relentless thumbs-downing of him from a few individuals to be a bit "playground bully". Unless it's a massive in-joke that I just totally missed the start of.

• @drcongo Can you see who thumbs up and thumbs down posts?

• It's possible.

• I’ve always assumed it was an in-joke - although I don’t think I’ve ever given @micra a thumbs down (or thumbs up). It just seems too persistent to be anything else

• Likewise I thought it was an in joke too. I think the only thumbs down I’ve given @micra was that day when he insisted the wind was blowing in the opposite direction to what the corner flags were telling us!

• I'm not going to name names, but I can see that the two most prolific thumbs-downers (over all, not just of @micra's posts) have given 4x and 5x as many thumbs down as any other user. But in a surprise twist, the second most prolific thumbs-upper is also the second most prolific thumbs-downer.

• @drcongo said:
    I'm not going to name names, but I can see that the two most prolific thumbs-downers (over all, not just of @micra's posts) have given 4x and 5x as many thumbs down as any other user. But in a surprise twist, the second most prolific thumbs-upper is also the second most prolific thumbs-downer.

As a surprisingly frequent visitor to the Gasroom I would like to apologise in advance just in case. I was young and most of those thumbs down/up possibly no longer reflect my views...

• I'm all for the "any mention of thumbs gets you a thumbs down" rule rather than targeting

• Can we show the thumbs up giving table I think I’ve had a good season once I got used to the pace of thumbs at this level

• edited June 2021

@drcongo said:
    I've also never given @micra a thumbs down and find the relentless thumbs-downing of him from a few individuals to be a bit "playground bully". Unless it's a massive in-joke that I just totally missed the start of.

Come on chief, it's exactly the latter, based on young micra's absolute obsession about a feature no-one else gives a second thought to.> @Wendoverman said:

@drcongo said:
    I'm not going to name names, but I can see that the two most prolific thumbs-downers (over all, not just of @micra's posts) have given 4x and 5x as many thumbs down as any other user. But in a surprise twist, the second most prolific thumbs-upper is also the second most prolific thumbs-downer.

As a surprisingly frequent visitor to the Gasroom I would like to apologise in advance just in case. I was young and most of those thumbs down/up possibly no longer reflect my views...

Hopefully the Dr doesn't reveal that 95% of my thumbs upping are for my own posts.

• I didn’t know that you could thumb yourself

• edited June 2021

I am sure Caesar would be well pleased at the modern evolution of his gesture. Or the archers, or whoever actually thought it up.

I think traditionally, we like to think of the raw numbers of thumbs up and thumbs down, but with analytics now being embraced, we need to dig deeper into the numbers, such as thumbs up/down per post.

• According to Fred Dineage ? if you got a thumbs down in the arena it actually meant swords down and you were to be spared.

• What do you do if you were born with hypoplasia?

• edited June 2021

Fred didn’t explain I think Jon cut in to show how to get a coin out of a milk bottle without touching it or Jack Hargreaves had something to say about badgers it was forty years ago

• @MorrisItal_ said:
    I didn’t know that you could thumb yourself