Skip to content

Comments

• Good luck Alex. Arrived just ahead of the start of the Couhig era and gave some good performances without ever being able to get ahead of others in the pecking order.

Decent move.

No mention of a fee and so far no anger.

• Best of luck to him. Showed some real class at times but didn't seem to kick on as maybe hoped. Will always be fondly remembered for being part of the play off team though and would hope he'd always get a good reception if he ever comes back to Adams Park.

• That statement definitely adds fuel to the fire that all was not quite well on the Fred front.

• Like Fred it's understandable to see why he moved. I think it was quite hard for him even to make the bench at times, but that's not his fault. Whenever he played he always gave it 100% and that's probably nothing less we could ask him for. Also, Harrogate is closer to home for him really, given he's from Middlesbrough. I wish him the best of luck for the future.

• Glad he got to play in the Champo. Will always be a part of the playoffs, and I'll always admire his bravery after the tragedy with his mum. I would love to have seen him score and get mobbed.

All the best, Alex.

• edited May 2021

Perhaps a little unlucky that we got promoted as he was out of his depth in the Championship. But a talented young player with a great work ethic and a definite future in the game.

• A good step back to step forward for him. Was always going to struggle to displace Thompson, Gape, Wheeler, Adeniran, Knight etc in the centre of midfield.
    I expect to see Freeman go soon (sadly)

• Best of luck to Alex should do a job there.

• Good luck ,Alex.

1. I liked Pattison and think he should have a decent career. I wish him all the best.

2. I now think the club is spitting tacks about the Fred sale.

• All the best Alex. You always have 100%. Thank you.

• Gave not have

• I was keeping my own counsel with regards to the Fred statement but in this light whatever the circumstances it does seem unexpectedly churlish. Not what I would expect from WW. None of us would begrudge a player offered a berth in the Championship....even one in Lu'on.

• Best of luck to him, seems like the perfect move.

• @floyd said:
    Best of luck to him, seems like the perfect move.

agreed, good luck to the lad.

• I wont knock the guys effort as he always seem to try and work hard, but for me he did a lot of running with not much end product.

One of our weakest players in recent memory the only one who was worse in my mind over the past few years was Giles Phillips. Alex just wasn't Championship or League One standard for me.

That said he should do ok in League two & i wish him successful career going forward.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    That statement definitely adds fuel to the fire that all was not quite well on the Fred front.

According to Alan Cecil on Facebook it is because the staff were "in the midst of an office reorganisation and tidy up"...

• Would have been better for him to say nothing

Anyone of us could have written something more appropriate in about 5 minutes

It's embarrassing and I hope they address it and make it better

• edited May 2021

@BSE said:
    I wont knock the guys effort as he always seem to try and work hard, but for me he did a lot of running with not much end product.

One of our weakest players in recent memory the only one who was worse in my mind over the past few years was Giles Phillips. Alex just wasn't Championship or League One standard for me.

That said he should do ok in League two & i wish him successful career going forward.

Agree.
    Nice lad, overcome some hardship.

Probably peaked in that game v Bolton and could have scored 4 or 5 but managed not to score one.

League 2 sounds spot on to be a regular starter and back to the North even better for him.

• @FmG said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    That statement definitely adds fuel to the fire that all was not quite well on the Fred front.

According to Alan Cecil on Facebook it is because the staff were "in the midst of an office reorganisation and tidy up"...

They managed to publish a nice long article about the pitch hire and the trust kickabout on the same day.

Maybe there was just too much filing and hoovering to be done and they only had time to write one article?

• @FmG said:

Yikes.

• Our media team are one of the best around and wouldn't be that disorganised. I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation.

• At this rate I am expecting a video of Trevor Stroud picking up the mic...

• The reasonable explanation is, they obviously have the hump about Fred leaving. As the excuse about being busy tidying is laughable ! As they, as others have mentioned have been all over social media about everything else

• Also, sorry forgot to say... Good luck Alex !

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Our media team are one of the best around and wouldn't be that disorganised. I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation.

You'd be hard pushed to believe anything other than he agitated his way out.other players got short statements followed by highlight reels and retweets of people wishing him well.
    He was arguably our best player / resale prospect although only ever any good on his day...

• I should also add good luck to Alex P. Hope it all works out well

• I’ll always remember how well Alex was playing against Bournemouth at Dean Court before that crunching tackle that earned him a rather harsh red card. Subsequent events and of course the excellence of other midfielders prevented him from staking any kind of claim thereafter.

I can see Alex doing well at Harrogate and I wish him all the very best.

• That’s a good move for him...good luck