Ex- Wycombe players released by their current clubs

Kadeem Harris -Sheff Wed
Jamie Mascoll - Bolton
Sido Jombati - Oldham
Paris Cowan-Hall - Col U
Josh Scowan - Sunderland
Paul Smyth - QPR

Comments

• Scowen (particularly if we can't get Adeniran) and Smyth worth a look. O'Nien would be my first pick of ex players though.

And before someone comes on saying we shouldn't look backwards or get stuck in the past, we've had success resigning players, Fred and Mccarthy two good examples where going back can pay dividends.

• And Stewart as the prodigal son.

• Scowen, 28 years old, good age for a midfielder, right in his prime.

Good free signing that but not entirely certain we have the need though given we’ve Gape, Thompson and Wheeler for those two midfield slots already with Burley and Pattison in reserve.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited May 2021

Yeah, he's a different player to Gape and would complement Thompson ideally - although Adeniran would obviously be the preference if gettable.

• That opinion is just dotty

• Would love to have Scowen back. And wouldn’t be unhappy to see Smyth either

• Although the option isn’t to take Scowen instead of Gape, its to have him along with Gape.

I agree he’s a good player but we also need to be careful not to commit all our resources to signing central midfielders.

• @TheatreOfChairs said:
    Although the option isn’t to take Scowen instead of Gape, its to have him along with Gape.

I agree he’s a good player but we also need to be careful not to commit all our resources to signing central midfielders.

In fairness a ball-carrying midfielder is a priority as we've 'lost' Adeniran. Wheeler could perform that role, but we should be looking for someone who's an out-and-out 8.

• Harris would be a great signing, but presumably has his sights set on a Championship club.

Scowen would be very good indeed.

• It's all about the Psychology of the player and it's effect (affect?) on the squad.

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@TheatreOfChairs said:
    Although the option isn’t to take Scowen instead of Gape, its to have him along with Gape.

In fairness a ball-carrying midfielder is a priority as we've 'lost' Adeniran. Wheeler could perform that role, but we should be looking for someone who's an out-and-out 8.

‘Lost’ Adeniran in the sense that he’s returned to Everton or has he signed for another club?

• @micra said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@TheatreOfChairs said:

‘Lost’ Adeniran in the sense that he’s returned to Everton or has he signed for another club?

Just put it in inverted commas as it felt weird to say we'd lost a player we didn't own.

• @ValleyWanderer said:
    It's all about the Psychology of the player and it's effect (affect?) on the squad.

I think its effect, if only we had someone overly concerned with such things.

• If only, @MorrisItal_ . In the absence of such a person, may I make so bold as to say you are spitoon.

• In fact, I’d go so far as to say that you are spot on.

• I would take Scowen back, tough tackling, can pick a pass..that’s useful for league one. Left wing back...maybe?

• @micra said:
    If only, @MorrisItal_ . In the absence of such a person, may I make so bold as to say you are spitoon.

I hope you are not comparing me to the receptacle that sat underneath the bar in many an old west saloon and probably the KGV the last time I was there.

• Crikey, @MorrisItal_ you on nights or just an insomniac (or staying with @Shev )?

• @micra said:
    Crikey, @MorrisItal_ you on nights or just an insomniac (or staying with @Shev )?

Our milkman seems determined to complete his round before dawn and I’m an incredibly light sleeper so once I know it’s there I have to bring it in.

• @micra said:
    ??

Giving yourself thumbs up is not allowed @micra!

• It was for Morris.

• Luton Town, Millwall and Preston North End are looking to sign Luke O'Nien.
    Middlesbrough, Reading and Stoke City are looking to sign Kadeem Harris.

• @thedieharder said:
    Luton Town, Millwall and Preston North End are looking to sign Luke O'Nien.

Please don't go to Luton Luke. Surely your Watford background prevents you from thinking about it

• @thedieharder said:
    Luton Town, Millwall and Preston North End are looking to sign Luke O'Nien.

No sell on fee incoming then, I wonder if clubs place less hope in them as so many players run their contract down. Thank the lord Ibe went to Bournemouth.

• @micra said:
    It was for Morris.

Thank you @micra although I hardly feel my inability to sleep and noisy milko deserve any acknowledgement.

• Just a lazy way of thanking you for your response. I use it a lot when texting as it tends to prevent prolonged exchanges!

• Back to the subject Scowan would be a great choice as long as his pay expectations are reasonable and no fee to pay