Skip to content

Odds for promotion

What am I missing for Wycombe to be priced at 25/1 to win league 1.
Joint 9th favourites.

Comments

• Are Bolton still priced better than us?

• Yes..!
    Wednesday,Charlton, Ipswich pompey, Rotherham, Bolton,franchise, Wigan, crewe.

• Bolton are 14/1

• Crewe are a good side but bloody hell

• I would also think all losing sides from playoffs will be shorter odds .

• Bookies know we will still be in Champo?

• I have a tenner on at those odds.

• I'm giving this thread a hard pass - no way I'm tempting fate even slightly.

• @Shev said:
    Bookies know we will still be in Champo?

Yeah I wondered if odds were so big as there is that potential we could remain in championship.

• 13-2 to go up...

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Are Bolton still priced better than us?

Forgive ignorance. Does that mean at a price which implies that they are better than us or that they are a better bet for the punter? I assume the latter but you know what they say about ‘assume’ making an ass out of you and me.

If one of you betting guys is able to present he latest odds in tabular form, that would help ignoramuses like me to see the overall picture. For what it’s worth. Literally. Thanks.

Ah, but I suppose that’s not possible until the playoffs have been completed.

Hope @bookertease appreciates this think as you type effort.

• LX1LX1
    edited May 2021

@Aylesburyblue said:

@Shev said:
    Bookies know we will still be in Champo?

Yeah I wondered if odds were so big as there is that potential we could remain in championship.

Bets void if we stayed in Championship so that's not a factor. I'm on all 3 markets but limits are very low atm. Don't think you are missing much myself.

• Many thanks @Chris. Excellent. I can understand why people would be tempted to stick a tenner (or more) on the mighty Blues (and good luck to them, obviously) but, to me, winning League 1 is just a pipe dream.

• @micra said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    Are Bolton still priced better than us?

Forgive ignorance. Does that mean at a price which implies that they are better than us or that they are a better bet for the punter? I assume the latter but you know what they say about ‘assume’ making an ass out of you and me.

If one of you betting guys is able to present he latest odds in tabular form, that would help ignoramuses like me to see the overall picture. For what it’s worth. Literally. Thanks.

Ah, but I suppose that’s not possible until the playoffs have been completed.

Hope @bookertease appreciates this think as you type effort.

Sorry, I mean shorter odds, so more favoured by the bookies. I don't really know proper betting terminology.

• You me both @ReturnToSenda !

• My bad, in fact.

• @micra said:
    My bad, in fact.

?????

• Wonder how much money has been lost on perennial promotion 'favourites' Pompey every single year?

• Few years back I went for promotion which would cover automatic place or going up via play offs. Those odds are 7/1 this year.

• What are the odds on relegation?

(Just fishing for thumbs down. I actually think 9th favourite to win the league is about right)

• Hope @bookertease appreciates this think as you type effort.

Always @micra

• @micra said:
    My bad, in fact.

Delighted to get thumbs down for this linguistic abomination.

• @micra said:

@micra said:
    My bad, in fact.

Delighted to get thumbs down for this linguistic abomination.

Delighted to oblige (presumed irony notwithstanding).

• @bookertease said:
    What are the odds on relegation?

(Just fishing for thumbs down. I actually think 9th favourite to win the league is about right)

You’ll need to knuckle down and work a lot harder @bookertease to earn the accolade of a downward thumb on a consistent basis. I should know. It took me years.

• There's absolutely nothing to be gained from the bookies rating us highly.

Put us 24th favourites, and then suffer when we're up there.

• What are the odds of an elephant staying at the top of a tree?

• Depends if the season has been truncated due to a pandemic?

• Not on your Nellie

• I suspect Blackpool will do the Imps...but a couple of big pay days courtesy of the North East giants for us next season at least!