Skip to content

Euro 2020 Wall Charts

I've always been a fan of wall charts for things like the Euros and World Cup which lead me to a lockdown project to design some... not wanting to break any house rules but if people wanted to take a look then they can at http://wallcharts360.square.site

I'm a type who enjoys planning and keeping track of things so I guess its logical to like wall charts, but then there's also something exciting about filling in the scores in little boxes and figuring out the paths to the finals. For me a tournament needs a wall chart as part of the experience - if I'm allowed to put one up that is!

Comments

• Are you a Wycombe fan?

• @peterparrotface Lining up some Charlton jokes?

• Used to love a wall chart as a kid me

• I liked the Shoot league ladders

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
    I liked the Shoot league ladders

Me too. Never lasted the season though, did they. After a couple of months of shifting the club tags around on a Saturday evening the ladders were torn and then eventually you'd lose the enthusiasm to bother.

As I remember they came free over two issues so if you missed one you were scuppered.

• My brother and I had the shoot league ladders, we meticulously made one for the Rothmans Isthmian league, Its why we started reading the Sunday papers, just to get the Isthmian league results, which was often more of a challenge than you think. Now i think of it getting Corinthian Casuals in legible writing on the small tab was also a a tad difficult.

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:

@Right_in_the_Middle said:
    I liked the Shoot league ladders

Me too. Never lasted the season though, did they. After a couple of months of shifting the club tags around on a Saturday evening the ladders were torn and then eventually you'd lose the enthusiasm to bother.

As I remember they came free over two issues so if you missed one you were scuppered.

Like most things, the 90s Shoot ones were never made as well as their predecesssors. I had an older one that my Dad had kept that I used year after year. Proper non-flimsy cardboard. When a team was relegated from the league, I flipped it over and wrote the prmoted team's name on the back. Imagine my joy at getting to write "Wycombe" on the back of "Halifax Town" in 1993. From memory, I also had to cut additional slots underneath division 4 when it expanded.

My Dad had also kept some even older ones from the 60s or 70s that featured weird and wonderful teams I'd never heard of, such as Barrow (whatever happened to them?) and Bradford Park Avenue.

• Thanks @Rolo - you've just made me feel very old. I can remember the ladders with Bradford Park Avenue on...

• I have Velcro league tables that I update each weekend. But then I’m only 36.