Skip to content

Best Badge tournament?

Given the talk over opposition badges in the matchday threads, I was wondering if there would be any appetite for a 'best badge' tournament over the summer? My only issue is that I am not good at getting images inserted in the thread, but could be a fun thing if I can figure it out (or if anyone else wants to take a stab at it). Choosing the best badge might be quite unpredictable...

Comments

• Nothing will beat FC Koln's attempt where it looks like the badge is about to be humped by a goat. But I suppose it depends what people mean by 'best'

• I’ve just googled ‘FC Koln badge’, and I have to admit I think @Kim_il_Swan has already won!!!

• What does this mean

• We trust squirrels.

• Don't know how to post pictures on here I'm ashamed to say.

But I give you FC Show from Norway, and they are a proper team

• edited May 2021

Kilmarnock's mascot is called Captain Conker!

• @HolmerBlue said:
    Don't know how to post pictures on here I'm ashamed to say.

We’re they founded by waiters?

• Anyone familiar with Chalvey Sports?

• All hail the mighty walnut

• @HolmerBlue said:
    Don't know how to post pictures on here I'm ashamed to say.

Seems we’re not alone @HolmerBlue. There are simpler things I cannot do. Can be frustrating but I feel no shame.

If some generous fellow Gasroomer could tell us how to transfer images into the comments box I’d be very grateful.

• instructions in the 'help' tab at the top of the page. Right click on the target image and select copy image address and replace the example link in the help tab with the one you've copied.

• Cheers @throwaway123. If nothing appears for ages, it obviously won’t be because I’m incapable of following straightforward instructions!!

• @micra The answer is it depends. If you’re trying to post a picture that already exists online then it’s relatively simple.

First you need to copy the link to the image, which should end in something like .jpg or .png or .gif. You can find this by (I think) right clicking the image and selecting something like copy link or copy link to image.

Eg
    You want this link

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/live-experience/cps/624/cpsprodpb/vivo/live/images/2021/5/15/213a5d73-cb15-49a6-a7e8-01f5890639fa.jpg

Not this link

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/55503216

Then the next step - there should be a little icon that looks a bit like a Polaroid photo above where you type your post in the gasroom. If you click that and then paste the link to your image that you copied earlier where it asks for the URL that should do it.

If you are trying to post a photo from your phone or computer it gets a lot more complicated. You have to upload it to a hosting site like imgur and then link to the upload using the same method as above. This might be beyond you!

• I’m feeling faint @Chris ! I was born half a century too early, I reckon.

• edited May 2021

Chalvey Sports, nicknamed the Stabmonks. Absolutely bizarre story, was on Football Cliches pod last week.

• I like this one from Iceland.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Chalvey Sports, nicknamed the Stabmonks. Absolutely bizarre story, was on Football Cliches pod last week.

Playing as a junior in the Slough league, we used to come up against Chalvey Key druids, I thought that was a strange name for a boys team.

• @micra said:
    I’m feeling faint @Chris ! I was born half a century too early, I reckon.

Sorry, @Chris that sounds a bit ungracious but I was slightly in shock. But I am shaken to the core to see @Cyclops, a self-confessed technophobe, coming up with that impressive piece of wizardry. Great example, too.

• Still a huge fan of this. But those Icelandic and Norwegian badges above are beauties.

• @micra It’s no problem, I sympathise completely. If someone was trying to explain to me how a car works or something similar I would be clueless.

• I’ll concentrate on what I do best @Chris, whatever that might be. ?

• I think the FC Show badge is fantastic.

• @Wendoverman said:
    I think the FC Show badge is fantastic.

I agree. I would go so far as to say that I could get behind that as a change kit for us.

• Anyone else want to combine the badges and have a pink squirrel dressed as a waiter holding a walnut on a platter.

• This.

• edited May 2021

A late entry in the form of Kidlington FC. Goat that looks like a rabbit. Half-collapsed wall. Tuna? Make it make sense!

• The Kentucky Fried Chicken alternate proteins menu?

• Guessing that it’s a young goat - the kid
    The fish is actually a ling
    And it’s a ton of bricks
    And that someone had too much time on their hands

• edited May 2021

@Shev said:
    The Kentucky Fried Chicken alternate proteins menu?

Maybe. My brother is playing them in a cup final on Monday, hence coming across the badge - hope they get absolutely battered breadcrumbed.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    A late entry in the form of Kidlington FC. Goat that looks like a rabbit. Half-collapsed wall. Tuna? Make it make sense!

Nice to see FC Koln's son make his debut in the shit badge world