Skip to content

Wycombe's Mt. Rushmore

Who is on your Wycombe Mt. Rushmore?

Comments

• Ainsworth, Akinfenwa, O’Neill and Horseman.

• No place for Sir Colin Daniel?

• With it being likely that GA and MON may be in every answer, how about players only? Of course, GA still qualifies...

• God, Jesus, Super Simon and a Beast

• West, Brown, Williamson, Link

• Foran, Onibuji (I think? Fola...), Green (I think? The one who went everywhere with Peter Taylor), Aylott

• Guppy, Cousins, JJ, Beast

• Ainsworth, Akinfenwa, O’Neill and Bluey the Swan

• @username123 said:
    Foran, Onibuji (I think? Fola...), Green (I think? The one who went everywhere with Peter Taylor), Aylott

Roughly as mobile as an actual mountain.

• I think centre backs belong on mount rushmore considering it's geological qualities. So I would pick Williamson, Pierre, Stewart and Mawson. I would also suggest that Mount Rushmore get forward for corners and attacking throws.

• Frank Adams, Martin O'Neill, Noel Ashford and Martin Taylor

• Ainsworth, O'Neil, Horseman and Bloomfield

• If you haven't got Frank Adams, you need to go back and re-think your selection

• Frank Adams, it’s called Adams park for a reason .
    Martin O’Neil, Took us into the football league.
    Gareth Ainsworth, Took us into the Championship.

Last one I’d leave empty for now, there’s a couple of contenders but for those seminal moments in the club history that’s it for me

• Excluding managers, Cousins, Evans, Bloomfield and the Beast.

• We could potentially do this at the M40 Stokenchurch cutting. It would be like Aragorn and the Fellowship of the Ring floating past the statues of the ancient kings on the Great River. Worth a goal start against teams from the midlands and north.

• @LX1 said:
    We could potentially do this at the M40 Stokenchurch cutting. It would be like Aragorn and the Fellowship of the Ring floating past the statues of the ancient kings on the Great River. Worth a goal start against teams from the midlands and north.

I don't think we should subject our heroes to be carved into 'Chicken shit canyon' Mr LX !!

• Steve brown, Keith Ryan, Matt Bloomfield, beast

• Here’s my four.

Frank Adams
    Tony Horseman
    Martin O’Neill
    Gareth Ainsworth

Should Mount Rushmore be extended then honourable mentions could be extended to numerous other players and of course Dobbo.

• @LX1 said:
    We could potentially do this at the M40 Stokenchurch cutting. It would be like Aragorn and the Fellowship of the Ring floating past the statues of the ancient kings on the Great River. Worth a goal start against teams from the midlands and north.

Side of West Wycombe Hill for me.

• @wwfcblue said:
    Here’s my four.

Frank Adams
    Tony Horseman
    Martin O’Neill
    Gareth Ainsworth

Should Mount Rushmore be extended then honourable mentions could be extended to numerous other players and of course Dobbo.

Would probably want to make absolutely sure the sculptor did not have a Spinal-Tap type mix-up of the first two names and create a Tony Adams head by accident!

• edited May 2021

@wwfcblue said:
    Here’s my four.

Frank Adams
    Tony Horseman
    Martin O’Neill
    Gareth Ainsworth

For one mad moment I'd mis-read half of your first 2 names and thought you wanted Tony Adams recognised!

• Who's Frank Horseman?

• Frankie Detorri?

• Talia Adams?

• @Malone said:

@wwfcblue said:
    Here’s my four.

Frank Adams
    Tony Horseman
    Martin O’Neill
    Gareth Ainsworth

For one mad moment I'd mis-read half of your first 2 names and thought you wanted Tony Adams recognised!

The club could always put his image in the urinals!

• @mooneyman said:

@Malone said:

Now there’s a list that would take some serious thinking. Adams, Sm*th +2

• @Malone said:

@wwfcblue said:
    Here’s my four.

Frank Adams
    Tony Horseman
    Martin O’Neill
    Gareth Ainsworth

Not fit to lace the boots of any of the above!

• @mooneyman said:

@Malone said:

It would certainly improve a few people's aim!