Skip to content

The Opposition View - Luton Town

Comments

• Usual mixed bag with one or two compliments 're Ainsworth which makes a nice change. Agree with some of the opposition views that we are an average side, solid if unspectacular. However that is where Ainsworth comes into his own, in that he manages to squeeze every last pip out of this crop of fruit and puts the club into that "punch above our weight" category, which proves his value. I loved the comment that we are a tinpot non league club! Coming from a club that has been non league more recently than us, just like Poxford & Brizzle Rovers. That's two of them with a rack of sheds bolted together and one of them with just 3 stands it's all a bit rich! More sour grapes anyone?

• A defeat always brings the worse out of the opposition fans! Think we are an average side but like the earlier comment gaz brings out the best in every one.

• For a change most comments were complimentary, albeit with some reluctance. One in particular was the opposite. Was he at a different match?

• "Average " side ? to be honest I think this division is full of "average" sides . It is division 2 . It is the organised "average sides that do well . I cannot think of a side this season that have made us look that inferior including Oxford , Plymouth or Portsmouth .

• 'Usual mixed bag with one or two compliments 're Ainsworth which makes a nice change. Agree with some of the opposition views that we are an average side, solid if unspectacular. However that is where Ainsworth comes into his own, in that he manages to squeeze every last pip out of this crop of fruit and puts the club into that "punch above our weight" category, which proves his value. I loved the comment that we are a tinpot non league club! Coming from a club that has been non league more recently than us, just like Poxford & Brizzle Rovers. That's two of them with a rack of sheds bolted
    together and one of them with just 3 stands it's all a bit rich! More sour grapes anyone?'

Not sure the row of portacabins along one side at Kenilworth Road actually constitutes a stand.

• @Bluebottle you may have unlocked a Pandoras box of discussion with that observation?
    I first visited that toilet in the early 70s, I sincerely believe that that club haven't spent a single groat other than that absolutely necessary to retain the most basic of "elf n safety" certificate.
    It's time the FL stepped in and ordered them to improve the place. The general size of the population has increased over the last 40 years so at the very least they need to remove a few rows of timber to allow enough leg room for the average femur to squeeze in. I find it unbearably uncomfortable and I am only a diminutive 5'-10" these days. This is why I refuse to give that Clun a penny of my money as I spend half the.game apologising to my fellow support as I am up.and down and spreading sideways trying to get comfortable and not watching the game. Maybe a protest group could be roused somehow?