Skip to content

Ainsworth holds contract talks - Players depart and extend

13»

Comments

• I sent a message to Darius Charles on Instagram which he took the time to respond to, wasn't expecting that. Top man.

• @eric_plant said:
    Dave, Dave, Dave.....just because he's signed a one year extension that doesn't necessarily mean he wasn't offered a longer one.

That's all. Calm down and enjoy the off season. It's only the first week

This is @davecz 's busiest time... :smile:

• @LX1 said:
    I sent a message to Darius Charles on Instagram which he took the time to respond to, wasn't expecting that. Top man.

It's funny how life turns out.
    When he clattered Ingram at Stevenage for their first goal in a 3-1 win for us in the playoff final Southend season, little did we realise he'd sign for us one day, and become an epic character.

• We are getting to the point where it is almost scientifically proven that wearing blue quarters changes character and lives for the better.

• @davecz said:
    Sorry @drcongo - I’m struggling to see what your point is. I’m not angry . What have I made up?I’m just saying that I’m surprised we couldn’t move to more than one year contract. You do get on your high horse very easily. You need to chill a bit.

I can see you’re struggling, which is why I laid it all out very clearly for you. Maybe numbers would help.

1. Mehmeti had a one year extension triggerable by the club
    2. We triggered that extension
    3. He might have been offered a longer contract and turned it down
    4. He might have been offered a longer contract and be considering it
    5. He might have not been offered a longer contract at all

1 and 2 are the facts that we know. 3, 4 and 5 are unknowns. You don’t know, I don’t know, that’s why the word “might” is in there.

Now, in this thread you’ve been getting indignant about numbers 3 and 5, even though those are NOT known facts. Remember, only 1 and 2 are the known facts.

I’m surprised we couldn’t move to more than one year contract

This sentence proclaims that number 5 is a known fact, and it isn’t. Only 1 and 2 are.

I know loyalty is a world you don't hear much in football but hopefully he will remember we saved his career when he was dropped by Norwich

This one assumes 3 is a known fact, it isn’t. Only 1 and 2 are.

So in answer to your question “What have I made up?” - pretty much everything you’ve posted in this thread.

• @drcongo - I don’t know how I’ve survived life without you explaining everything for me. You clearly must have a lot of time on your hands. To be honest I’m not surprised if all your communications are as patronising and condescending.

• @davecz feedback is a gift

• Glad to have discovered the thing that doesn’t surprise you.

• What’s worse is that I bumped into Mehmeti in Twyford Costa today and he told me he’d been offered a 12 year contract by Preston but had turned it down as it included a ‘smile as you earn’ bonus clause ?.

• Taking advantage of the 50p for an iced drink deal, a shrewd young man.

• Step 1 - trigger 1 year extension.
    Step 2 - negotiate longer term contract.
    Simples ?