Skip to content

Season ticket renew issue in Origins Family stand

BSEBSE
edited April 2021 in Not Football

Evening all,

Just tried to renew mine & my family's season tickets, we sit in Origins Family stand. We have sat in the same seats for the past 20+ years. So obviously none of us are kids any more but we ideal don't want to move seats.

I was just wondering if anyone else has had the same issue/message come up when trying to renew.
It seems to be suggesting that one person need to be a child to allow renewal in the Origins Family stand ?

I will try and phone the club in my Lunch break tomorrow and see what answer they can offer.

Comments

• Would be interested to know if that has been brought in as policy now. For the past few years it hasn't been necessary to have a child with you to buy a Family Stand adult ticket.

I like the view from what has been my season ticket seat in the Family Stand, but neither of my children, for various reasons but largely because they now have other commitments on Saturdays, are likely to come along enough next season to warrant having a season ticket.

• edited April 2021

They changed it so that kids couldn't get freebies/as cheap tickets in the Frank Adams didn't they?
    I think I remember Rob C pointing out that kids were tying up the premium seats and paying very little.

If they've persuaded them out of those areas, they probably need to open up the proper kid's stand, so it wouldn't be unreasonable to bring in a rule about having a kid with you.
    Surprised it wasn't a rule already to be honest.

• Word has it that there were folk in the Frank Adams who would take a ‘free’ kids seat between their two season ticket seats just to put their sandwiches and bags on!!

• When I had an ST there with my daughter there did seem to be quite a few adults in the family stand tutting and sighing as children got on their nerves. ?

• @Wendoverman said:
    When I had an ST there with my daughter there did seem to be quite a few adults in the family stand tutting and sighing as children got on their nerves. ?

This definitely still happens!

• BSEBSE
    edited April 2021

@Malone said:
    If they've persuaded them out of those areas, they probably need to open up the proper kid's stand, so it wouldn't be unreasonable to bring in a rule about having a kid with you. Surprised it wasn't a rule already to be honest.

I do understand where you're coming from & i could appreciate it as a rule for new tickets, but part of the "match day experience" for me at least has been seeing & chatting with the same faces on match day. Its a shame to be forcibly moved on.

@Wendoverman said:
    When I had an ST there with my daughter there did seem to be quite a few adults in the family stand tutting and sighing as children got on their nerves. ?

Never quite understood myself, as the "family stand" part is definitely not a new addition. So not quite sure why you would buy there then moan all be it indirectly.

@perfidious_albion said:
    Word has it that there were folk in the Frank Adams who would take a ‘free’ kids seat between their two season ticket seats just to put their sandwiches and bags on!!

I guess all folklore has some truth in it! must admit I didn't know that was going on/ is that a confession @perfidious_albion ?

• I think quite a few of us have encountered the negative effects of what, if you look at them dispassionately, have been justifiable hard-nosed business decisions. Until this season, for example, the Woodland Lounge had been the pre and post match meeting/dining/drinking place for over a hundred long-standing supporters. Some of us have switched to the Honours Lounge but, especially for ancients like myself, the inconvenience of dragging ourselves to the opposite side of the ground in time for kickoff is a minor irritant.

As a season ticket holder in the upper tier of the Frank Adams stand since it was opened, I can vouch for it providing a superb view of the match and the surrounding countryside. The concourse facilities are as good as anywhere in the ground and of course it is a child-free zone ! I think the cost of a season ticket is about a fiver a match more than in the Family Stand and although it doesn’t sound much if you say it quickly I can understand that the extra hundred or so quid may be unaffordable for some. Having said that, I believe it can be paid in monthly instalments.

• I know they’re putting new TVs in the concourse but I wonder if they could do anything else to make it a better experience especially for the older fans it is a bit like a North Korean regional train station

• @MorrisItal_ said:
    .... it is a bit like a North Korean regional train station

Quite a number of modern concrete stadia are like this (perhaps not quite as stark as the FA) but a lovely description nonetheless.??

• For those interested I've spoken with the club if you have a season ticket you can carrying on buying in the family stand, some tech issue with Ticket Co company which they are working on fixing. However there is a new policy where if you buy single match day tickets you will have to have a child in your group.

• @BSE said:

I guess all folklore has some truth in it! must admit I didn't know that was going on/ is that a confession @perfidious_albion ?

No! I sit in The Beachdean or is that now The Teeth Clean or is that The Valley End?? these name changes are all so confusing!
    My only confession is that my preferred seat in the back row has a concrete pillar next to it with an empty half space that I can lean on when I stand up for the really tense moments (at least half the game).

• @MorrisItal_ said:
    I know they’re putting new TVs in the concourse but I wonder if they could do anything else to make it a better experience especially for the older fans it is a bit like a North Korean regional train station

Wow! I know we are now the World Wide Wycombe phenomenon but I didn’t realise our fan base had experience of The People’s Democratic Republic, what is more beyond the normal tourist hot spot of Pyongyang.

• It'll always be the back row of the Beechdean for me. I dream of having a pillar to lean on. I'm two seats away from one though so when the other ST holders near me do not turn up...luxury!

• @perfidious_albion said:

@MorrisItal_ said:
    I know they’re putting new TVs in the concourse but I wonder if they could do anything else to make it a better experience especially for the older fans it is a bit like a North Korean regional train station

Wow! I know we are now the World Wide Wycombe phenomenon but I didn’t realise our fan base had experience of The People’s Democratic Republic, what is more beyond the normal tourist hot spot of Pyongyang.

Limbs after Bayos penalty

• Has he executed all the decent hairdressers in the country?

• He has no plan B

• No comment yet from @Kim_il_Swan
    No doubt he shares the Beloved Leaders stated belief we will definitely be playing Championship soccer next season

• @BSE said:
    For those interested I've spoken with the club if you have a season ticket you can carrying on buying in the family stand, some tech issue with Ticket Co company which they are working on fixing. However there is a new policy where if you buy single match day tickets you will have to have a child in your group.

Thanks for the update. Sounds sensible.

• No point starting a new thread for it so I’ll hijack this one.

When selecting a ticket for the terrace, it asks me to select a seat. Do I just choose a random ‘seat’ (near where I usually stand, although presumably this doesn’t matter?)

• @Gary said:
    No point starting a new thread for it so I’ll hijack this one.

When selecting a ticket for the terrace, it asks me to select a seat. Do I just choose a random ‘seat’ (near where I usually stand, although presumably this doesn’t matter?)

Just make sure it’s somewhere you’ll be happy to sit when we complete our third consecutive season in the Championship and need to go all-seater…

• @Gary When I booked mine in the terrace, the system offered me a randomly numbered "seat",, probably the next sequential number available, and I bought that. If I clicked on any other available seat numbers it added an extra season ticket to my order, rather than changing the number on what had been auto-selected, so I just bought the automatic one. I'm pretty sure the number is of no real significance in the terrace.

• @Uncle_T said:
    @Gary When I booked mine in the terrace, the system offered me a randomly numbered "seat",, probably the next sequential number available, and I bought that. If I clicked on any other available seat numbers it added an extra season ticket to my order, rather than changing the number on what had been auto-selected, so I just bought the automatic one. I'm pretty sure the number is of no real significance in the terrace.

Maybe it’s in case the club needs social distancing measures and each number will be a square on the terrace. Choose wisely

• edited May 2021

Rumour has it our fun-loving American owners are converting the entire terrace into a 'Big'-style step piano. That's why you see the sharps and minors after the letters on the ticket options. I would suggest a major key unless you are of a more wistful disposition.

• @Shev Major keys are strictly for the Family Stand; silence for the Frank Adams Upper. The terrace is all wist.

• Silence? Better not sit within 20 yards of me then.

• Hadn't paid attention to any dates of season tickets, but heard the phrase "general sale" somewhere, so thought I best lump in today.

£5 paid for a proper card.
    We all want to keep plastic use down, but a card you keep for a year doesn't feel too bad compared to proper single use stuff.

• Sounds like we will have a reasonable turnout again.

• @micra said:
    Silence? Better not sit within 20 yards of me then.

Or me!

• Just under £500 for renewal in the Frank Adams..... steep

• @bigred87 said:
    Just under £500 for renewal in the Frank Adams..... steep

Depends how many steps up you have to go.